Pegasus Purses

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Pegasus Purses

Post by Danny Derby »

Just pointing out again given the high nomination fee (and entry fees on top of that) that these purses are actually pretty low. Hope this can be reviewed for Y54.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Pegasus Purses

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Em mentioned dropping overall purses for stakes races in the near future. Guessing the Pegasus will be unaffected which should make it a bit more fair.
yeah
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago Em mentioned dropping overall purses for stakes races in the near future. Guessing the Pegasus will be unaffected which should make it a bit more fair.
Dropping other purses doesn't make a $100K nomination fee to run for $1.5M-$2M any more correct.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago Em mentioned dropping overall purses for stakes races in the near future. Guessing the Pegasus will be unaffected which should make it a bit more fair.
Dropping other purses doesn't make a $100K nomination fee to run for $1.5M-$2M any more correct.
It reflects real life conditions fairly well I think would be the argument.
yeah
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago
So are you advocating for a significant entry fee increase across the board to match real life conditions?
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

So are you advocating for a significant entry fee increase across the board to match real life conditions?
No definitely not, I wouldn’t run in the Pegasus because of the significant risk. I’m just saying I guess I understand what they’re doing with it.
yeah
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Real life stake entry fees are 1% just like real life
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Joseph Depaulo wrote: 4 years ago

Real life stake entry fees are 1% just like real life
Nominations, pre-entry and entry fees mean that the SIM is getting about a 50% discount on where entry fees should be compared to real life.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

In the past there used to b a way to find the nominees. Is that available and if so how do I find it.
PS - Stay out of the Pegasus - it is expensive and unfair. And then I will have a better chance in it :D
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Pepper Carol wrote: 4 years ago In the past there used to b a way to find the nominees. Is that available and if so how do I find it.
PS - Stay out of the Pegasus - it is expensive and unfair. And then I will have a better chance in it :D
Pepper in the search function, near the bottom, there is a nominations dropdown. You can select Pegasus and it will show you all of them.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I do agree with Danny's point, the nomination fee versus the purse is rather skewed when compared to the TC or SC. The Sim isn't a perfect mirror of real life so I think the fee should line up more with the rest of the nomination fees in the game.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

As someone that has competed in them a lot I don’t mind the fee , it keeps the field size down and gives me a better chance at a return on my investment and makes my horse look better as in hey look this earned X amount racing . So to me I am basically transferring my money from my bank to my horses stats .