SIM 8.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Phil Hoeflich
Grade 2 Winner

SIM 8.0

Post by Phil Hoeflich » 1 year ago

So when I click on the read more here link after the welcome to SIM 8.0, it takes me to a page where everything is
Laura Ferguson's stable. If SIM 8.0 means that my stable will now look like hers...I'm ALL for it!
Wargames - DR- standing for $10k
Song of My Dreams - TS- standing for $10k

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: SIM 8.0

Post by Nena Olson » 1 year ago

I dont even see a Welcome to Sim 8.0 lol Phil's from the future :O

Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore » 1 year ago

I don’t get the welcome sign either, but I know in the past Em has used Laura’s barn as her guinea pig for testing.
Willow Downs home to Kingslayer, Spiritus Invictus, Chance Encounter, Culzean Castle
Rohan home to After the Rain and Cats in the Cradle

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward » 1 year ago

The Admin accidentally posted the link.... It was up for about 3 seconds. Phil found it in that three seconds. I guess that makes Phil the winner ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG

Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson » 1 year ago

I really want to test out the gallop feature right now lol this is torture :lol:

But I love what I’m seeing with all the SIM 8.0 changes, great job team!! :mrgreen:

Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore » 1 year ago

Miss Steward, you do all these lovely updates, and you can't get the barn photos centered across our homes pages? :o

Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill » 1 year ago

OMG!!! I haven't checked anything out yet but just reading about it, I am so. impressed. Amaaaazing!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again
Some trails are happy ones
Others are blue
It's the way you ride the trail that counts
Here's a happy one for you

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Regina Moore wrote:
1 year ago
Miss Steward, you do all these lovely updates, and you can't get the barn photos centered across our homes pages? :o
They are centered, it's a cache issue. Once you force a cache reset or log out and in a few times they go back to being pretty.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG

Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen » 1 year ago

The things we are meant to care about from managements side and the things we(well me) do notice:

A Fighter

No stress, this "late bloomer" is running 90's as a 2yo!!!

Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore » 1 year ago

Once you force a cache reset or log out and in a few times they go back to being pretty.
Great - all pretty now!

I think my favorite is the multiple divisions we can apply to one horse. I wonder if this means we can get rid of the "uncategorized" and "all dirt", etc., in the stud book.

I also found Spencer. :)

Lily Wilkins
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Lily Wilkins » 1 year ago

On the events calendar, I noticed that Year 54 races open on SATURDAY the 28th rather than Monday the 30th. Is this a new thing rolled out with SIM 8.0? I do love the concept of races and gallops opening on a Saturday rather than a weekday :D plus it's a couple days less to wait ;)
ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕍𝕒𝕝𝕖 𝕋𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕓𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤

Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson » 1 year ago

This is amazing, I’m so excited!!! I love the Owners tab and the fact that the last owner is now displayed on deceased horses’ profiles. I asked for that awhile ago in the One Small Thing thread and I’m so glad to see it in Sim 8.0. Also the late bloomer comment - I predict that will be very useful because many of my freaks are underperforming and I probably end up retiring them too early.

Thank you, thank you, Sim team!! :D
Trotter Stud:
Edinburgh Castle - 7K
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 30K
Wanted Aliveornot -8K

Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson » 1 year ago

Also, dang, the harness gallop adjustments sure decimated my population of freaks! Not complaining - that adjustment was needed, especially for Pacers.
Trotter Stud:
Edinburgh Castle - 7K
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 30K
Wanted Aliveornot -8K

Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore » 1 year ago

The Steward wrote:
1 year ago
Regina Moore wrote:
1 year ago
They are centered, it's a cache issue. Once you force a cache reset or log out and in a few times they go back to being pretty.
Mmmm...maybe it’s not iPad friendly?
Willow Downs home to Kingslayer, Spiritus Invictus, Chance Encounter, Culzean Castle
Rohan home to After the Rain and Cats in the Cradle

The Steward
Hall of Fame

I think it's possible the Mass Private Sale or Lease/Mass Private Accept didn't make it into the file of new things. That was a pretty big one to leave out, but it exists now.