SIM 8.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Corey Lange
Miler

Re: SIM 8.0

Post by Corey Lange »

The "My Office" Dropdown doesn't have the Lease Barn.
This update is huge, and I appreciate all the work that you have put into it! I just figured I would point out something that likely got missed as you put things together.

Thanks again! Looking forward to using Sim 8.0!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Art Kage wrote: 4 years ago I just wish to say that the best part is that gallops open Saturday thereby saving us a weekend of sad puppy begging faces that made me sad to know I was of the same species 😃
:D :D :D :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Corey Lange wrote: 4 years ago The "My Office" Dropdown doesn't have the Lease Barn.
This update is huge, and I appreciate all the work that you have put into it! I just figured I would point out something that likely got missed as you put things together.

We only have Racing, Breeding and Training in the main menu. We don't have Leasing, Pasture and Cemetery. We weren't sure if Leasing applied to enough people to warrant being in the main menu. Thoughts?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Admin wrote: 4 years ago
Corey Lange wrote: 4 years ago The "My Office" Dropdown doesn't have the Lease Barn.

We only have Racing, Breeding and Training in the main menu. We don't have Leasing, Pasture and Cemetery. We weren't sure if Leasing applied to enough people to warrant being in the main menu. Thoughts?
I think you’re right, not everyone uses the leasing features. While everyone uses Racing, Breeding, and Training. I’m okay with it only being on the main page
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I think a lot of players use leasing, specially handy for new players who are learning the game. Pasture and cemetery aren't part of everyday Sim racing but leases are for many.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Can we no longer see if a private message was received? Is this a bug or intentional?
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I don't really have strong feelings either way but while I understand this arguement I could also see a workflow where someone wants to go directly back and forth from racing/breeding barns to the leasing barn to see the leasing barn info on leased horses in the racing/breeding barns in which case it would be nice to have it as a menu option rather than having to go through the home page.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Randell Johnson »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Can we no longer see if a private message was received? Is this a bug or intentional?
I have been wondering the same thing. I like to know if at least they received it.
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I think that is because we now have group messages.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago

I don't really have strong feelings either way but while I understand this arguement I could also see a workflow where someone wants to go directly back and forth from racing/breeding barns to the leasing barn to see the leasing barn info on leased horses in the racing/breeding barns in which case it would be nice to have it as a menu option rather than having to go through the home page.
Maybe it doesn’t bother me it not being in the nav because I don’t use the main Racing/Training/Breeding barn’s I use my custom barns, which I have to access from the main page anyway 🤷‍♀️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

most of my freaks got butchered lol but happy my 2 arabian freaks remained, at least now freaks will be true freaks hopefullt
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Can we no longer see if a private message was received? Is this a bug or intentional?
You are correct and it was intentional. There were problems with the "read" indication before, and those issue were compounded by allowing multiple recipients.

The issue before was that it wasn't truly accurate. That is because many people have their private messages forwarded to email or text message. So they read the message outside of the SIM so the SIM didn't know if the message had been read or not. It wasn't until a person read the message on the SIM, that the "read" indication happened. So, for some people, they never read the message on the SIM so it appeared that the message was never read when it had been.

Now, with multiple recipients, we would either have to wait until all recipient had read the message before marking it "read", or else we'd need a way to track and display the "read" status for each recipient.

Between the fact that it wasn't truly accurate, and cumbersome to display with multiple recipients, and that email applications don't reliably tell you when they've been read, we decided to drop it.
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Art Kage wrote: 4 years ago I just wish to say that the best part is that gallops open Saturday thereby saving us a weekend of sad puppy begging faces that made me sad to know I was of the same species 😃

I was thinking the same thing.
Eric Hamme
Classic Contender

Post by Eric Hamme »

Were the gallop changes only with non-TBs? Because my TB's all look unchanged as best as I can tell, while both my two remaining steeplechasers changed. One to Chase Freak, which didn't help him in the GWC, and my incoming three year old to Chase Claimer, which might mean the 5k is getting paid for her to go bye bye.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

You are correct and it was intentional. There were problems with the "read" indication before, and those issue were compounded by allowing multiple recipients.

The issue before was that it wasn't truly accurate. That is because many people have their private messages forwarded to email or text message. So they read the message outside of the SIM so the SIM didn't know if the message had been read or not. It wasn't until a person read the message on the SIM, that the "read" indication happened. So, for some people, they never read the message on the SIM so it appeared that the message was never read when it had been.

Now, with multiple recipients, we would either have to wait until all recipient had read the message before marking it "read", or else we'd need a way to track and display the "read" status for each recipient.

Between the fact that it wasn't truly accurate, and cumbersome to display with multiple recipients, and that email applications don't reliably tell you when they've been read, we decided to drop it.
Really unhappy to hear this. I used that feature often, and although it may not have worked for an e-mail or text notification, I'd rather have something useful 90% of the time than not having it at all.