SIM 8.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Re: SIM 8.0

Post by T.D. Palm »

As far as the new gallop comments....my racing barn didn't take too bad a hit; but in my training barn , my Freaks became Stakes; my Stakes became Allowance, and some of my Allowance became Productive. Now I'm sorry I bred my best mares already. I've never been a great breeder, but I will most likely stop breeding altogether. I have little hope for my upcoming yearlings' gallops.
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Just as a heads up, apparently when the horses were regalloped, the regallop also included pensioned/retired horses. I figured this out when Luck of the Irish (multiple champion, freak her whole career), showed up as productive on her dam's page. Her comment currently reflects what it would be if she was racing at age 7, not what it was when she retired at age 5. I also found pensioned freaks that now have a much lower comment on their dam's page, since their comment reflects their current age, not where they were the last time they were actually galloped.

So, take these stats with a huge grain of salt. The Steward is aware of this - there's a partial fix in the works. They will be getting the comments back to where the horse was at last gallop pre-retirement, but that gallop will now be rated under the new system, so some of the retired/pensioned freaks may show up as stakes. I'm setting up a lease auction, and right now, a lot of my older mixer mares' produce records look a lot worse than they did before SIM 8.0. The partial fix should help.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Can we no longer see the status if a message was received? I'm not seeing it anywhere.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

T.D. Palm wrote: 4 years ago As far as the new gallop comments....my racing barn didn't take too bad a hit; but in my training barn , my Freaks became Stakes; my Stakes became Allowance, and some of my Allowance became Productive. Now I'm sorry I bred my best mares already. I've never been a great breeder, but I will most likely stop breeding altogether. I have little hope for my upcoming yearlings' gallops.
Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years agoRemember that your horses haven’t actually changed. Only the gallop scale has. This is actually a good thing. It means you can ditch the dreck and put your time and money into the stakes horses who should now actually BE stakes horses instead of struggling to ever break their maiden. I actually wish the TB dirt routers would have a slight adjustment because I usually only manage to breed a small number of stakes every year but most of them can’t run their way out of a paper bag. I’d probably lose most of my freaks but at least the freaks would be freaky and the stakes would be stakey.
Your horses aren't any worse, they're the same, and so are everyone else's. So nothing has changed except that you can have more realistic expectations for your horses now. :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Just a thought, many things will be very useful, the date set for putting horses in races and the training charts most helpful.. who the history of owners is not sure why that matters.. Spencer is a curiousity not sure what that does for anyone other than give a better idea all the stuff going on behind the scenes, I think the most important feature is really not here yet, the galloping and it sounds like there are bound to be controversies on the now late bloomer, etc.. people are going to have issues and thats where the response will be most intense.. But, overall, thanks for the extra tools, they will be used and helpful.. :)
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Anything that is not specified (aka you haven't selected Dirt Router or whatever), is AUTOMATICALLY unspecified. So anything you haven't gone through and selected will be unspecified. Because it's check boxes we can't add it back there or you could have an unspecified ALSO turf sprinter, which isn't a thing.
I usually mark my racing horse with the equipment "no equipment" and "one piece" when they are due for retirement..
(Should I enter this horse? ne+op makes "nope" is my resoning behind this)

So I have horses with blinkers, f8, one piece and no equipment at the same time, which isn't a thing either.
I guess some trainers use "unspecified" for some other reason, perhaps "dont start running until age 3", which makes unspecified turf sprinter fairly logical..
Perhaps unspecified could be switched to Remark 1 and Remark 2. That gives trainer 4 ways of secretly labelling their horses in a way that is visible in the overview...
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I love that harness gallops were finally tweaked. Now I understand why the darn "Freak" I have in my barn could not win a stakes race (he is Stakes now after the adjustment) AND it means that when I gallop during festivus, my Freaks will ACTUALLY be Freaky and I can sell them for more ;)

I prefer quality over quantity, personally, and these adjustments simply allow the actual quality to shine through better.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I entered 4 two year old pacer freaks for the stewards cup. The only one who got any price money was my maiden freak..

The same maiden freak was the only one who stayed "freak" after regallop, which means he probaly was the best amongst them.
I was really close of not entering him, just lucky that I did. Next year will be easier to decide for sure.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

New Sim smell....mmmmm!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Brad Fabman wrote: 4 years ago Your gallops were decimated??? Mine were destroyed. I don't know why I happened to check this this morning. I wish I had wrote them down. I do know I had 368 Allowance horses. I now have 297. I also now have 297 productive. Don't remember the number of stakes but it was way, way more than the 30 I have now. I had 11 freaks. I now have ZERO! NONE! NADA! To be fair, the freaks were no more freaks than the man on the moon. Not sure what this means going forward.
I had a stakes Appy Sprinter who runs 92 speed figures get bumped down to am allowance? *!
yeah
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I finally found Spencer... and um, a typo LOL

Em - accounting transactions line has a typo in "transactions"

Sorry to be THAT PERSON :P just want it perfect for you
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Wish the dirt routers were more realistically represented in their gallop rating!

I swear my stakes runners are more suited to recreational trail riding?
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

The new mixer gallops are exciting. I had a stakes drop to allowance that had been a stakes competitor and running 92 speed figures on multiple occasions. My stakes mixers this year stayed stakes and basing on the super low number of stakes left over...I think this might be big!
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Suggestion for the lease barn ❤️

Under horse actions add “end leases” so you can end multiple leases at the same time ☺️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Cate Lynn wrote: 4 years ago I'm wondering if there'd be a chance to open up ALL gallops over break? Sure, gallop new foals early; but even be able to gallop current horses "for free" (ie: without tiring or injuring) to be able to run through and assess comments, ask questions, align things prior to the new season? I'd personally love a chance for the organization of that :)

Thanks so much for all the work you and the team have been doing on the backend for this update. These are very good ones, and I'm excited to keep playing with it all!
I second this!! I’d love for 1 “risk free” gallop/jump on everything for organization/curiosity purposes!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt