SIM 8.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

SIM 8.0

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

So when I click on the read more here link after the welcome to SIM 8.0, it takes me to a page where everything is
Laura Ferguson's stable. If SIM 8.0 means that my stable will now look like hers...I'm ALL for it!

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: SIM 8.0

Post by Nena Olson »

I dont even see a Welcome to Sim 8.0 lol Phil's from the future :O
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I don’t get the welcome sign either, but I know in the past Em has used Laura’s barn as her guinea pig for testing.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The Admin accidentally posted the link.... It was up for about 3 seconds. Phil found it in that three seconds. I guess that makes Phil the winner ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I really want to test out the gallop feature right now lol this is torture :lol:

But I love what I’m seeing with all the SIM 8.0 changes, great job team!! :mrgreen:
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Miss Steward, you do all these lovely updates, and you can't get the barn photos centered across our homes pages? :o
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

OMG!!! I haven't checked anything out yet but just reading about it, I am so. impressed. Amaaaazing!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Regina Moore wrote: 4 years ago Miss Steward, you do all these lovely updates, and you can't get the barn photos centered across our homes pages? :o
They are centered, it's a cache issue. Once you force a cache reset or log out and in a few times they go back to being pretty.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

The things we are meant to care about from managements side and the things we(well me) do notice:

A Fighter

No stress, this "late bloomer" is running 90's as a 2yo!!!
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Once you force a cache reset or log out and in a few times they go back to being pretty.
Great - all pretty now!

I think my favorite is the multiple divisions we can apply to one horse. I wonder if this means we can get rid of the "uncategorized" and "all dirt", etc., in the stud book.

I also found Spencer. :)
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

On the events calendar, I noticed that Year 54 races open on SATURDAY the 28th rather than Monday the 30th. Is this a new thing rolled out with SIM 8.0? I do love the concept of races and gallops opening on a Saturday rather than a weekday :D plus it's a couple days less to wait ;)
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

This is amazing, I’m so excited!!! I love the Owners tab and the fact that the last owner is now displayed on deceased horses’ profiles. I asked for that awhile ago in the One Small Thing thread and I’m so glad to see it in Sim 8.0. Also the late bloomer comment - I predict that will be very useful because many of my freaks are underperforming and I probably end up retiring them too early.

Thank you, thank you, Sim team!! :D
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Also, dang, the harness gallop adjustments sure decimated my population of freaks! Not complaining - that adjustment was needed, especially for Pacers.
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Regina Moore wrote: 4 years ago Miss Steward, you do all these lovely updates, and you can't get the barn photos centered across our homes pages? :o
They are centered, it's a cache issue. Once you force a cache reset or log out and in a few times they go back to being pretty.
Mmmm...maybe it’s not iPad friendly?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I think it's possible the Mass Private Sale or Lease/Mass Private Accept didn't make it into the file of new things. That was a pretty big one to leave out, but it exists now.