SIM 8.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Re: SIM 8.0

Post by Brad Fabman »

Again anybody still having that issue is a cache clearing issue. I had to do it again. Now it works.
Fabman Farms - Simmy Awards Won: Y54-Quarter Horse Champion Three Year Old Female - Beena's Gold
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 4 years ago Dear Steward,

is there any reason why the Horse Types of Unspecified, any dirt, any turf, any miler, any router etc have been removed from the Horse Type drop down list?

Will we be getting them back?

I found them quite handy when i was not sure what I wanted to do with a horse.

Thanks.
Hi Rachel,

I can see there is some support for adding back "unspecified" but because you can select multiple options we don't need Any Dirt/Any turf anymore. You can select Dirt Route, Dirt Mile, and Dirt Sprint (which would be very very rare) or, even better, now you can select Dirt Route/Dirt Mile instead of Any, which would have gotten all three. This way is more specific.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

I have now used the mass private sale feature and it saved me hours of time!! Love it.
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I LOVE this!

One thing! Now that we can set multiple horse types for stallions... Is there any way that we could search for stallions that are listed in more than one specific category? Like some way of displaying all horses that are listed under *both* TS and AWS, for example?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

The Admin wrote: 4 years ago
Randall Allen wrote: 4 years ago
The Steward wrote: 4 years ago I think it's possible the Mass Private Sale or Lease/Mass Private Accept didn't make it into the file of new things. That was a pretty big one to leave out, but it exists now.
Not complaining, just an fyi:

The mass private sale doesn’t let you accept a large quantity. I made a large deal and got to the page where all 97 were listed. I then clicked on the select all tab for them so all 97 were highlighted. Then when I click the accept selected offers option, the game just says you didn’t bring a horse with you. It seems like a broken feature.

In a nutshell: the person transferring them to me was able to send a ton all at once, but the receiver (me) can’t accept them all at once.

No big deal and I promise I’m not complaining, just wanted you all to know.
Was the offer for the 97 horses a Private Sale or Private Lease? Was it for $0 or for something larger than $0? I just tried to mock up the situation you described and it worked so I need more information. I also checked your account and it looked like there were a number of private offers waiting. I didn't want to actually accept the offers for you, but it appeared that it was going to work.

Try again? Tell me more?

Dear Admin:

I sent all those horses to Randall Allen as I'm selling off all my mixers. It should be over 300 in total and we already settled financially with the sale of one horse. Therefore all those private offers should be $0. I may have left the box empty which I believe means it defaults to $0. Thanks.
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Ryan Whitehead wrote: 4 years ago
The Admin wrote: 4 years ago
Randall Allen wrote: 4 years ago

Not complaining, just an fyi:

The mass private sale doesn’t let you accept a large quantity. I made a large deal and got to the page where all 97 were listed. I then clicked on the select all tab for them so all 97 were highlighted. Then when I click the accept selected offers option, the game just says you didn’t bring a horse with you. It seems like a broken feature.

In a nutshell: the person transferring them to me was able to send a ton all at once, but the receiver (me) can’t accept them all at once.

No big deal and I promise I’m not complaining, just wanted you all to know.
Was the offer for the 97 horses a Private Sale or Private Lease? Was it for $0 or for something larger than $0? I just tried to mock up the situation you described and it worked so I need more information. I also checked your account and it looked like there were a number of private offers waiting. I didn't want to actually accept the offers for you, but it appeared that it was going to work.

Try again? Tell me more?

Dear Admin:

I sent all those horses to Randall Allen as I'm selling off all my mixers. It should be over 300 in total and we already settled financially with the sale of one horse. Therefore all those private offers should be $0. I may have left the box empty which I believe means it defaults to $0. Thanks.
I need Randall Allen to try again to accept the offers. It looks like it should work.
The message "you didn't bring a horse with you" happens if you go to a bookmark directly or if you don't check any checkboxes before choosing the "Accept Offers" menu. Step by step description of what isn't working would be helpful. Thanks.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Rachel Sadler wrote: 4 years ago Dear Steward,

is there any reason why the Horse Types of Unspecified, any dirt, any turf, any miler, any router etc have been removed from the Horse Type drop down list?

Will we be getting them back?

I found them quite handy when i was not sure what I wanted to do with a horse.

Thanks.
Hi Rachel,

I can see there is some support for adding back "unspecified" but because you can select multiple options we don't need Any Dirt/Any turf anymore. You can select Dirt Route, Dirt Mile, and Dirt Sprint (which would be very very rare) or, even better, now you can select Dirt Route/Dirt Mile instead of Any, which would have gotten all three. This way is more specific.
Unspecified has been added back to the filter menu. Check it out.
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I am going to LOVE the training timesheet add on! I am so forgetful to do my different workouts.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Tiyoun Long
Miler

Post by Tiyoun Long »

Wow this upgrade must have taken ages. Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all concerned . Absolutely brilliant !
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

I guess the picture of Spencer changes throughout the year, he looks pretty relaxed now (and his board says "On Break") but on the 8.0 intro page he looks very busy
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

We have been waiting for spencer for several months, or even years.
When he finalyy shows up, he just sits there sipping coffee, stating that he is on a break.
Most people tend to do an extra effort when they start a new job..
I guess I am a little disappointed in that Spencerslacker.
I just hope that he takes care of his air traffic control duties. I don't want my horses to crash on the airfield.
My suggestion is to only do transport by Van until we get to know that Spencer a bit better.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Checking out more new features and I of course had to peek at Laura F's owner page...
80,174 : 19,997-18,413-13,389 Win-24.9% OTB-64.6%
So close to 20k wins!

(If you're a stalker and you know clap your hands 👏 lol! Love you Laura! ❤️)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I like this "regalloping" of the mixers. Now it is easier to see the true freak% of each mixer stud. There were some changes at least in QH and arabs.
I think some mixers were never regalloped after last twitch and that made their studs look better than they actually were.

For example mighty sandstorm now has the highest freak% and someone noticed before me and he is now fully booked.

I like this change. But it will affect upcoming festivus. If I get three freaks this year I will be freaking out.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Brad Fabman wrote: 4 years ago Again anybody still having that issue is a cache clearing issue. I had to do it again. Now it works.
Yes I am, lost count of the number of times I’ve logged in and out. Am I missing something?

Furthermore, I’m not impressed with the need to toggle back and forth between messages to make sure I’ve replied to something.
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 4 years ago I like this "regalloping" of the mixers. Now it is easier to see the true freak% of each mixer stud. There were some changes at least in QH and arabs.
I think some mixers were never regalloped after last twitch and that made their studs look better than they actually were.

For example mighty sandstorm now has the highest freak% and someone noticed before me and he is now fully booked.

I like this change. But it will affect upcoming festivus. If I get three freaks this year I will be freaking out.
agreed.
most of my 1yo crop just got butchered.
but, I had a 4yo chase stakes that used to be chase freak return to chase freak.
The Stew is keeping things interesting.