SIM 8.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: SIM 8.0

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Are we going to be able to enter horses more than 2 weeks out?
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago Just as a heads up, apparently when the horses were regalloped, the regallop also included pensioned/retired horses. I figured this out when Luck of the Irish (multiple champion, freak her whole career), showed up as productive on her dam's page. Her comment currently reflects what it would be if she was racing at age 7, not what it was when she retired at age 5. I also found pensioned freaks that now have a much lower comment on their dam's page, since their comment reflects their current age, not where they were the last time they were actually galloped.

So, take these stats with a huge grain of salt. The Steward is aware of this - there's a partial fix in the works. They will be getting the comments back to where the horse was at last gallop pre-retirement, but that gallop will now be rated under the new system, so some of the retired/pensioned freaks may show up as stakes. I'm setting up a lease auction, and right now, a lot of my older mixer mares' produce records look a lot worse than they did before SIM 8.0. The partial fix should help.
As a followup to that I just checked under Colored Spotlights to see what my retired mare Dio was rated as. She just won the Steward's Cup with a 99 speed figure a couple days ago I was curious if she had improved to a freak and I really shouldn't have retired her instead she is showing as "productive" and looking at Colored Spotlights stakes gallopers they all seem younger and the few 4/5 year olds that I checked weren't retired yet. So I am guessing its not just that horses are showing comments that they would have at their current age I am thinking anything retired automatically is getting downgraded, unless I really won the Steward's Cup with a productive grade horse.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Rachel Sadler wrote: 4 years ago Dear Steward,

is there any reason why the Horse Types of Unspecified, any dirt, any turf, any miler, any router etc have been removed from the Horse Type drop down list?

Will we be getting them back?

I found them quite handy when i was not sure what I wanted to do with a horse.

Thanks.
Hi Rachel,

I can see there is some support for adding back "unspecified" but because you can select multiple options we don't need Any Dirt/Any turf anymore. You can select Dirt Route, Dirt Mile, and Dirt Sprint (which would be very very rare) or, even better, now you can select Dirt Route/Dirt Mile instead of Any, which would have gotten all three. This way is more specific.
Thankyou!
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago Just as a heads up, apparently when the horses were regalloped, the regallop also included pensioned/retired horses. I figured this out when Luck of the Irish (multiple champion, freak her whole career), showed up as productive on her dam's page. Her comment currently reflects what it would be if she was racing at age 7, not what it was when she retired at age 5. I also found pensioned freaks that now have a much lower comment on their dam's page, since their comment reflects their current age, not where they were the last time they were actually galloped.

So, take these stats with a huge grain of salt. The Steward is aware of this - there's a partial fix in the works. They will be getting the comments back to where the horse was at last gallop pre-retirement, but that gallop will now be rated under the new system, so some of the retired/pensioned freaks may show up as stakes. I'm setting up a lease auction, and right now, a lot of my older mixer mares' produce records look a lot worse than they did before SIM 8.0. The partial fix should help.
I have a stallion that was a freak that is now a productive. I don't know what the answer is but it also really did a job on the broodmare barn.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago

As a followup to that I just checked under Colored Spotlights to see what my retired mare Dio was rated as. She just won the Steward's Cup with a 99 speed figure a couple days ago I was curious if she had improved to a freak and I really shouldn't have retired her instead she is showing as "productive" and looking at Colored Spotlights stakes gallopers they all seem younger and the few 4/5 year olds that I checked weren't retired yet. So I am guessing its not just that horses are showing comments that they would have at their current age I am thinking anything retired automatically is getting downgraded, unless I really won the Steward's Cup with a productive grade horse.
I have a few that are the same comment, You're In It is one, always been a freak, still freak and retired. Dio being productive does seem wrong, but I don't think it's that retired horses have a downgrade. Even some of my older mares, Backroad Song, was Freak as a yearling, now listed as stakes, 9 years old retired in Yr 49.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

all this means is enter you productive mixers in the SC and you might get rewarded hahaha
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago all this means is enter you productive mixers in the SC and you might get rewarded hahaha
I have a dirt router who gallops, 'Different Career,' who I am considering standing at stud for $150K?
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago all this means is enter you productive mixers in the SC and you might get rewarded hahaha
Well apparently my multiple stakes winner and the 5th place finisher in this year’s SC Paint Route is an Allowance so that’s a thing
yeah
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

SO now we have a lease barn can we have a (mass) terminate lease option in the drop downs please?
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Just looking at the calendar it appears foals are due on friday as always but races begin on saturday rather than monday so I assume gallops will open then as well..
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Art Kage wrote: 4 years ago Just looking at the calendar it appears foals are due on friday as always but races begin on saturday rather than monday so I assume gallops will open then as well..
Rumour has it!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Let me just say I am okay with the gallop adjustment but I wonder with the adjustment how a horse can drop two gallop comments when the last gallop was done 3 weeks ago? Were all horses adjusted the same? or do the gallop comments reflect Y54? Just find it curious.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
Art Kage wrote: 4 years ago Just looking at the calendar it appears foals are due on friday as always but races begin on saturday rather than monday so I assume gallops will open then as well..
Rumour has it!
I’m fairly certain it was confirmed a few weeks ago that gallops will open as soon as the year turns over.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago

I have a few that are the same comment, You're In It is one, always been a freak, still freak and retired. Dio being productive does seem wrong, but I don't think it's that retired horses have a downgrade. Even some of my older mares, Backroad Song, was Freak as a yearling, now listed as stakes, 9 years old retired in Yr 49.

Dio is now a stakes again so I am guessing the promised fix has been implicated and gallop comments for retired horses are more accurate.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I just wish to say that the best part is that gallops open Saturday thereby saving us a weekend of sad puppy begging faces that made me sad to know I was of the same species 😃