SIM 8.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Re: SIM 8.0

Post by Louise Bayou »

YESSSS. Thank you!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Horses for sale now by me is way off. I guess there needs to be a tweek.
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Your gallops were decimated??? Mine were destroyed. I don't know why I happened to check this this morning. I wish I had wrote them down. I do know I had 368 Allowance horses. I now have 297. I also now have 297 productive. Don't remember the number of stakes but it was way, way more than the 30 I have now. I had 11 freaks. I now have ZERO! NONE! NADA! To be fair, the freaks were no more freaks than the man on the moon. Not sure what this means going forward.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Brad Fabman wrote: 4 years ago Your gallops were decimated??? Mine were destroyed. I don't know why I happened to check this this morning. I wish I had wrote them down. I do know I had 368 Allowance horses. I now have 297. I also now have 297 productive. Don't remember the number of stakes but it was way, way more than the 30 I have now. I had 11 freaks. I now have ZERO! NONE! NADA! To be fair, the freaks were no more freaks than the man on the moon. Not sure what this means going forward.
While I lost my quarter freaks to the last tweeking, this one has taken most of my stakes. Ah, I periodically try the quarters and we just don’t seem to gel....I feel an auction coming on, lol.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Brad Fabman wrote: 4 years ago Your gallops were decimated??? Mine were destroyed. I don't know why I happened to check this this morning. I wish I had wrote them down. I do know I had 368 Allowance horses. I now have 297. I also now have 297 productive. Don't remember the number of stakes but it was way, way more than the 30 I have now. I had 11 freaks. I now have ZERO! NONE! NADA! To be fair, the freaks were no more freaks than the man on the moon. Not sure what this means going forward.
Yea, I had quite a few pacer freaks before this and now I have a grand total of 2. The two that stayed freaks are on the struggle bus to win a race so shocked they were still freaks actually.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Ooh, I like the new look of our messages. Separate tabs of incoming and outgoing!
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Dear Steward,

is there any reason why the Horse Types of Unspecified, any dirt, any turf, any miler, any router etc have been removed from the Horse Type drop down list?

Will we be getting them back?

I found them quite handy when i was not sure what I wanted to do with a horse.

Thanks.
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Unspecified in particular is nice to have as a "I havent decided yet" label.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Andrew James wrote: 4 years ago Unspecified in particular is nice to have as a "I havent decided yet" label.
This!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Remember that your horses haven’t actually changed. Only the gallop scale has. This is actually a good thing. It means you can ditch the dreck and put your time and money into the stakes horses who should now actually BE stakes horses instead of struggling to ever break their maiden. I actually wish the TB dirt routers would have a slight adjustment because I usually only manage to breed a small number of stakes every year but most of them can’t run their way out of a paper bag. I’d probably lose most of my freaks but at least the freaks would be freaky and the stakes would be stakey.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago I think it's possible the Mass Private Sale or Lease/Mass Private Accept didn't make it into the file of new things. That was a pretty big one to leave out, but it exists now.
Not complaining, just an fyi:

The mass private sale doesn’t let you accept a large quantity. I made a large deal and got to the page where all 97 were listed. I then clicked on the select all tab for them so all 97 were highlighted. Then when I click the accept selected offers option, the game just says you didn’t bring a horse with you. It seems like a broken feature.

In a nutshell: the person transferring them to me was able to send a ton all at once, but the receiver (me) can’t accept them all at once.

No big deal and I promise I’m not complaining, just wanted you all to know.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Randall Allen wrote: 4 years ago
The Steward wrote: 4 years ago I think it's possible the Mass Private Sale or Lease/Mass Private Accept didn't make it into the file of new things. That was a pretty big one to leave out, but it exists now.
Not complaining, just an fyi:

The mass private sale doesn’t let you accept a large quantity. I made a large deal and got to the page where all 97 were listed. I then clicked on the select all tab for them so all 97 were highlighted. Then when I click the accept selected offers option, the game just says you didn’t bring a horse with you. It seems like a broken feature.

In a nutshell: the person transferring them to me was able to send a ton all at once, but the receiver (me) can’t accept them all at once.

No big deal and I promise I’m not complaining, just wanted you all to know.
Was the offer for the 97 horses a Private Sale or Private Lease? Was it for $0 or for something larger than $0? I just tried to mock up the situation you described and it worked so I need more information. I also checked your account and it looked like there were a number of private offers waiting. I didn't want to actually accept the offers for you, but it appeared that it was going to work.

Try again? Tell me more?
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Kenneth Prater wrote: 4 years ago Horses for sale now by me is way off. I guess there needs to be a tweek.
Can you please be more specific. Can you give me an example of a horse that is showing up on this page that shouldn't be there?
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horsesbu ... eType=ByMe
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

I can tell you specifically that if I click on my horses "for sale", I now got over 10,000 horses. Not just mine. I had to click on a drop down menu to just get mine. Never had to do that before.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Ah, choosing "Horses For Sale" under the "My Office" menu. Fixed.