SIM 8.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
James Selby
Sprinter

Re: SIM 8.0

Post by James Selby »

The Admin wrote: 4 years ago
The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Rachel Sadler wrote: 4 years ago Dear Steward,

is there any reason why the Horse Types of Unspecified, any dirt, any turf, any miler, any router etc have been removed from the Horse Type drop down list?

Will we be getting them back?

I found them quite handy when i was not sure what I wanted to do with a horse.

Thanks.
Hi Rachel,

I can see there is some support for adding back "unspecified" but because you can select multiple options we don't need Any Dirt/Any turf anymore. You can select Dirt Route, Dirt Mile, and Dirt Sprint (which would be very very rare) or, even better, now you can select Dirt Route/Dirt Mile instead of Any, which would have gotten all three. This way is more specific.
Unspecified has been added back to the filter menu. Check it out.
Could you also return it to the drop down menu in horse info so we can still set horses to "unspecified" if we wish. Like others I always found it a useful option to have to keep certain horses apart in my racing barn until I have further use of them.

Thanks.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 4 years ago The things we are meant to care about from managements side and the things we(well me) do notice:

A Fighter

No stress, this "late bloomer" is running 90's as a 2yo!!!
If it helps, the Steward emailed me to let me know she was using my stable in the screenshots for Welcome to SIM 8.0, and the only thing she told me besides that is the following: "what it says in the test site may not be what [A Fighter's] real life comment is." So, take that comment for that particular horse with a grain of salt. I think it is meant to be more illustrative of what the late bloomer comment looks like than whether this particular horse is in fact a late bloomer. He's the first horse alphabetically in my Main Racing Barn, so I suspect that's why he was used.
Ben Stover
Miler

Post by Ben Stover »

Is it not illegal to be so damn misleading?

"But Wait, There's More...

We hope you enjoy SIM 8.0!
Go to your Stable Office... "

So I do what it tells me to do....I go to my stable office... looking, praying, searching, praying and going back re re-reading, praying some more before, I realize I have been Orton-doofed by some slick-willie writing wit to confuse a older gentlemen into spending way to much time looking for the ghost who is not there....I believe I have been intentionally CASPERed!

If this was real life Id be contacting my lawyer and try to get some much needed moolah for the time I wasted looking for the Casper that was not there.....
.....Wait a minute, THIS IS REAL LIFE! Hmmmm :idea:
Would you like to settle out of court? For a DR Freak and 750K sim $$, we can forget this morning ever happened?

I would also like to add a big THANK YOU for all the hard work you guys do behind the scene so we can enjoy life a little more...Its amazing what you do!!!
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I am, lost count of the number of times I’ve logged in and out. Am I missing something?
I cleared my cache and that took care of it.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I'm assuming it might just as easily say "So and so horse is a claimer! This horse looks to be a late bloomer."?

Maybe to advance to Solid? Or Allowance? Maybe Stakes?

How far can late bloomers advance, I wonder?

Or is it only that the gallop will stay the same but not run their best until they are older?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

How far can late bloomers advance, I wonder?
I'm also curious as to how many different comments there are. I'm guessing three: one for precocious horses, one for "ordinary" developing horses, and one for late bloomers.

My guess is that, initially, players were going to take the comments way too literally and be upset when their precocious horse doesn't win its first start and that sort of thing. I suspect that, like the gallop (and pretty much all things SIM), this additional comment is only intended to be a guideline and not a black-or-white direction on what to do with the horse.
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago
Brad Fabman wrote: 4 years ago Again anybody still having that issue is a cache clearing issue. I had to do it again. Now it works.
Yes I am, lost count of the number of times I’ve logged in and out. Am I missing something?

Furthermore, I’m not impressed with the need to toggle back and forth between messages to make sure I’ve replied to something.
Clearing your cache and just logging in and out are two completely different things. It's probably different across different browsers depending on which one you are using. Google your browser and ask how to do it. It's and easy fix.
Cate Lynn
Miler

Post by Cate Lynn »

I am so excited about all this newness! So far everything is awesome...I've used the new messaging most and wow, much easier.

I'm not sure if I'm the first to mention this, but because of the ton of new updates, I'm wondering if there'd be a chance to open up ALL gallops over break? Sure, gallop new foals early; but even be able to gallop current horses "for free" (ie: without tiring or injuring) to be able to run through and assess comments, ask questions, align things prior to the new season? I'd personally love a chance for the organization of that :)

Thanks so much for all the work you and the team have been doing on the backend for this update. These are very good ones, and I'm excited to keep playing with it all!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

“Clearing your cache and just logging in and out are two completely different things. It's probably different across different browsers depending on which one you are using. Google your browser and ask how to do it. It's and easy fix.“

Thanks Brad, I’m far from computer literate, lol. All is good now.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Cate Lynn wrote: 4 years ago I am so excited about all this newness! So far everything is awesome...I've used the new messaging most and wow, much easier.

I'm not sure if I'm the first to mention this, but because of the ton of new updates, I'm wondering if there'd be a chance to open up ALL gallops over break? Sure, gallop new foals early; but even be able to gallop current horses "for free" (ie: without tiring or injuring) to be able to run through and assess comments, ask questions, align things prior to the new season? I'd personally love a chance for the organization of that :)

Thanks so much for all the work you and the team have been doing on the backend for this update. These are very good ones, and I'm excited to keep playing with it all!
While I am far from an amazing trainer, every year since... well... I can't remember that far back (its been 13 RL years!) but I have always galloped my all horses, minus those that ran W16, when gallops open with no injury as long as they are on a farm. Take that with your own risk though LOL I clearly dont have the best stats and that may be a reason why 8-)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I’m hoping there is also a trainer comment that says:

Mary Weather says:
“Oh My!! Your horse is a claimer. Honestly not sure what you were thinking when you bred him/her. This horse will not be improving. You are lucky we have not yet taken your breeding license away. Better luck next time”
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago I’m hoping there is also a trainer comment that says:

Mary Weather says:
“Oh My!! Your horse is a claimer. Honestly not sure what you were thinking when you bred him/her. This horse will not be improving. You are lucky we have not yet taken your breeding license away. Better luck next time”
THIS!!!! ^^^^^^^ I want this!! :D :D :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago I LOVE this!

One thing! Now that we can set multiple horse types for stallions... Is there any way that we could search for stallions that are listed in more than one specific category? Like some way of displaying all horses that are listed under *both* TS and AWS, for example?
Pwetty pwease with sugar on top?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

James Selby wrote: 4 years ago
The Admin wrote: 4 years ago
The Steward wrote: 4 years ago

Hi Rachel,

I can see there is some support for adding back "unspecified" but because you can select multiple options we don't need Any Dirt/Any turf anymore. You can select Dirt Route, Dirt Mile, and Dirt Sprint (which would be very very rare) or, even better, now you can select Dirt Route/Dirt Mile instead of Any, which would have gotten all three. This way is more specific.
Unspecified has been added back to the filter menu. Check it out.
Could you also return it to the drop down menu in horse info so we can still set horses to "unspecified" if we wish. Like others I always found it a useful option to have to keep certain horses apart in my racing barn until I have further use of them.

Thanks.
Anything that is not specified (aka you haven't selected Dirt Router or whatever), is AUTOMATICALLY unspecified. So anything you haven't gone through and selected will be unspecified. Because it's check boxes we can't add it back there or you could have an unspecified ALSO turf sprinter, which isn't a thing.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago I’m hoping there is also a trainer comment that says:

Mary Weather says:
I’d vote for this, 😂