SIM 8.0

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Re: SIM 8.0

Post by Xander Zone »

The one thing that I discovered and it really messed me up was I used the unspecified or any dirt for my mares let’s say so now all them horses I had separate for what ever reason are mixed in as DS DM Dr. Set me back sim years on how I worked out what mares would go to what studs
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Mass leases are a beautiful thing, bless you for adding them.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
The Admin wrote: 4 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Can we no longer see if a private message was received? Is this a bug or intentional?
You are correct and it was intentional. There were problems with the "read" indication before, and those issue were compounded by allowing multiple recipients.

The issue before was that it wasn't truly accurate. That is because many people have their private messages forwarded to email or text message. So they read the message outside of the SIM so the SIM didn't know if the message had been read or not. It wasn't until a person read the message on the SIM, that the "read" indication happened. So, for some people, they never read the message on the SIM so it appeared that the message was never read when it had been.

Now, with multiple recipients, we would either have to wait until all recipient had read the message before marking it "read", or else we'd need a way to track and display the "read" status for each recipient.

Between the fact that it wasn't truly accurate, and cumbersome to display with multiple recipients, and that email applications don't reliably tell you when they've been read, we decided to drop it.
Really unhappy to hear this. I used that feature often, and although it may not have worked for an e-mail or text notification, I'd rather have something useful 90% of the time than not having it at all.
I agree :( I used it all the time
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Jurgen Ver
Classic Contender

Post by Jurgen Ver »

It's great that the game stil develop. Thanks for the great job.

I am just curious what the gallop comments will do in the races. I do trotters, when i see the gallop comments now, wow what a huge difference. What wil this mean in the races? Stakes are horses that can win stakesraces and allowance horse can win condition races? Before the update allowance galops were horses that raced in claimings, also a lot of stakes were racing in claimings.
Does it also mean that freaks are the best of the best? Before the update there were much freaks that never win there maiden or never win a condition race.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Eric Hamme wrote: 4 years ago Were the gallop changes only with non-TBs? Because my TB's all look unchanged as best as I can tell, while both my two remaining steeplechasers changed. One to Chase Freak, which didn't help him in the GWC, and my incoming three year old to Chase Claimer, which might mean the 5k is getting paid for her to go bye bye.
According to the guide to Sim 8.0 gallop adjustments were only made to "Steeplechasers, Mixers, and Harness horses."
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Jurgen Ver wrote: 4 years ago It's great that the game stil develop. Thanks for the great job.

I am just curious what the gallop comments will do in the races. I do trotters, when i see the gallop comments now, wow what a huge difference. What wil this mean in the races? Stakes are horses that can win stakesraces and allowance horse can win condition races? Before the update allowance galops were horses that raced in claimings, also a lot of stakes were racing in claimings.
Does it also mean that freaks are the best of the best? Before the update there were much freaks that never win there maiden or never win a condition race.
I don’t do trotters but at least with other mixer divisions the stakes are basically freaks and allowances are horses that have won stakes.
yeah
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Jurgen Ver wrote: 4 years ago It's great that the game stil develop. Thanks for the great job.

Ok, so in real life a horse doesn’t have a gallop comment that places it into a pre-determined conditional range. This dial-back on Mixer gallops brings them closer into line with TBs, when it comes to the SIM. And then it mirrors real life in that you’ll have to start gauging where to place the horse, rather than just “He’s an A so he does B”.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

We should always be gauging where to place our horses by other criteria than just gallop comments. Expecting something specific from them because of a gallop comment is oversimplifying, but I see it happening all the time.

If every stakes galloper could be guaranteed to be a stakes winner, this would be about as boring as if every blue hen A hypo was a freak. Which is to say... super * boring.

Anyway, carry on.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago We should always be gauging where to place our horses by other criteria than just gallop comments. Expecting something specific from them because of a gallop comment is oversimplifying, but I see it happening all the time.

If every stakes galloper could be guaranteed to be a stakes winner, this would be about as boring as if every blue hen A hypo was a freak. Which is to say... super * boring.

Anyway, carry on.
This!
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago We should always be gauging where to place our horses by other criteria than just gallop comments. Expecting something specific from them because of a gallop comment is oversimplifying, but I see it happening all the time.

Anyway, carry on.
Can you post this on every whiny "I got a claimer from my Hen/A hypo" thread that gets posted Saturday?
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Gallop comments are just a starting point. The race results should ultimately determine at what level your horse is going to race. In Y53, due to competitive reasons, freaks and stakes were often found in stakes. This may change or it may not. A lot of it depends on what caliber of horses other players choose to race.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

George Knatz wrote: 4 years ago

Anyway, carry on.
Can you post this on every whiny "I got a claimer from my Hen/A hypo" thread that gets posted Saturday?
I literally do every single year, and yet...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

If this helps at all, this thing is currently showing as an Allowance https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1039592

Before the changes he was considered a stakes.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Here’s my big 8.0 question. So I gallop my yearlings and one says he’s an allowance but may improve. I race him and he’s a really low allowance, he improves to a mid allowance. Now if I gallop him again will it still say he might improve or will it go back to a regular comment now that he has improved?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

George Knatz wrote: 4 years ago Here’s my big 8.0 question. So I gallop my yearlings and one says he’s an allowance but may improve. I race him and he’s a really low allowance, he improves to a mid allowance. Now if I gallop him again will it still say he might improve or will it go back to a regular comment now that he has improved?
If he improves, it won't tell you he will still improve in the future, because it would be lying.

That said, there's always an element of randomness in horses going up and down at various points in their careers. We still don't spell out the whole world for you.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG