FESTIVUS IS COMING

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Re: FESTIVUS IS COMING

Post by Garret Folsom »

Sideshow was a Freak from the beginning. What's interesting is that when he was a yearling, he had a 58.20 5F workout on Turf and it was the 2nd best workout ever. Now, that's not even a Top 50 horse. Crazy!!!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago
Garret Folsom wrote: 4 years ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago “#hyposaren'teverything 😜

Laura I couldn’t agree more, they are guidelines. I only ever got an A+ with a chaser mare and her foals were limited. I will say when I see multiple flat A crosses to a stud, It truly makes the heart beat faster. Kingdom Come was like that and while I have 4 stakes by him I’m looking forward to running, I’m still looking for a freak from him....hopefully, lol.

And for those newer on the scene, Jabberwocky was a flat B cross out of a “good” mare. There’s not much I shy away from anymore, you just never know what that misbegotten random slide will give you. Hahaha! It truly is the great equalizer!
Garret...Jabbers was a wings gallop into his 3 year old year, how’d Sideshow gallop? Just curious.

Sideshow (by Jabberwocky) was a B- hypo out of a Good Mare (I think - was maybe a formidable) and he earned $5 Million+ on the track...
Moon of Atlantis is a ‘formidable’ who only ever got one B+ hypo (Reddington), everything else was B. She has produced 4 millionaires, 2 SC winners and 7 Grade 1 winners. Hypos definitely aren’t everything
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

My biggest fingers crossed is for "Love You Scott" https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... ID=1171068 - a colt I named after Scott Eiland, who passed away a couple of years ago; the dam is "Five Moves of Doom" - a blue hen mare who's name is for the common finishing moves in wrestling. Scott was a huge wrestling fan and commentator. The stud is James Dean - named for the actor that died too soon, as did Scott. The hypomate is an "A" - we can hope.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

THIS is my productive galloping, "not for the classies" half sister to Kingdom Come. I HATE her with a burning passion but keep breeding her because..I'm stupid.lol She is B to everyone but got a B+ with Allonsy so I spent $150k on her because as stated above... I'm stupid. Fingers crossed for a miracle! :lol:
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 4 years ago My biggest fingers crossed is for "Love You Scott" https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... ID=1171068
I will cross my fingers for you, too, Carolyn! This is one that needs to be a superstar for certain.
Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago THIS is my productive galloping, "not for the classies" half sister to Kingdom Come. I HATE her with a burning passion but keep breeding her because..I'm stupid.lol She is B to everyone but got a B+ with Allonsy so I spent $150k on her because as stated above... I'm stupid. Fingers crossed for a miracle! :lol:
Hey, I think Allonsy x James Dean (and possibly the reverse) may be the next magic cross, so with a little luck you might have a good one!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I'm nervous about mine. I've had wonderful luck the past two years and I feel like I'm due for like all claimers now. This could be the year 😂
This has been me since Kid Galahad was a yearling...and he's 8 now.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I'm nervous about mine. I've had wonderful luck the past two years and I feel like I'm due for like all claimers now. This could be the year 😂
I had the worst crop I have had in yearsss, like... before Enchantment was born. I am very disheartened :( I figured it would be bad but not quite this level. Time for Y55!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago
I had the worst crop I have had in yearsss, like... before Enchantment was born. I am very disheartened :( I figured it would be bad but not quite this level. Time for Y55!
The true spirit of Festivus!
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 4 years ago My biggest fingers crossed is for "Love You Scott" https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... ID=1171068 - a colt I named after Scott Eiland, who passed away a couple of years ago; the dam is "Five Moves of Doom" - a blue hen mare who's name is for the common finishing moves in wrestling. Scott was a huge wrestling fan and commentator. The stud is James Dean - named for the actor that died too soon, as did Scott. The hypomate is an "A" - we can hope.
late blooming allowance
I'm just here for the fun of it
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago I have a few which I'm looking forward to galloping:
Time Limit x Dream City (Sidney)-Dam hails from that wonderful Moon of Atlantis family, is a star broodmare and this was an A- cross (same cross as champion Obsidian Fury). Plus Em bought the mare for big bucks so hopefully this foal will be nice!

Only Me x Lily of the Valley (Itoko)-The dam was a champion race horse and Only Me has had a fantastic start at stud! If the gallop doesn't work out, I can't wait to see the producing potential of this filly!

Coleman Hell x Queen of Atlantis (Kingdom of Rust)-Full sister to God Save the Queen so I'm hoping lightning can strike twice!

Only Me x Seen From the Sky (Halley's Comet)-Dam is a blue hen, she has produced a stakes yearling and this is a nice A- cross!

In conclusion, TR rule my barn!
Allowance-Late Bloomer
Solid-Late Bloomer
Stakes-Should Progress
Claimer-Late Bloomer