Gallops!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Gallops!

Post by Lily Wilkins »

How did everyone do?
I have 32 TB yearlings this season... 31 of which I bred.
59.4% have an Allowance or better rating... WOO!!
6 Stakes - all Dirt Routers!!! One is a Stew Bred.
13 Allowance - Many of these got the "Late Bloomer" or "Should improve throughout career" note, so I am definitely sitting on them a while.
3 Productive
And the remainders are junk :lol:

No Freaks, dang it. Maybe next year!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Re: Gallops!

Post by Diane Townsend »

My second year of breeding and I bred my first stakes - 2 of them! (not exciting for most people but exciting for me!)

Stakes TR out of star mare
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1170286

Stakes mid Appy out of Formidable mare (last foal I bred AFTER I thought I was done for the year!)
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1181948

Plus 14 Allowance out of 36 foals
Last edited by Diane Townsend 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

1 stakes and a whole lotta junk. Awesome! Even worse than last year. I know you all get excited about gallops. I don't. I know better.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I wish my entire breeding barn and training barn would just burn to the ground. $4.1 million spent on breeding 120 foals. One TB freak, two STB freaks, 6 TB stakes, and that's all I get out of it.
Last edited by Erin Sanderson 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Diane Townsend wrote: 4 years ago Stakes TR out of star mare
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1170286
Diane, that should make you very happy to have a stakes TR. I haven't seen one of those in years that I haven't bought out of a Steward's auction, and I have a bunch of blue hens.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

3 Stakes and 9 Allowances from 32 foals. Plus I got one 2yo that improved from Allowance to Stakes so that’s nice to see!
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

194 Total of all. thoros and mixers
3 Freak
19 Stakes
58 Allowance
48 Productive
16 Solid
32 Claimers
18 Other Career

In that a good 25-30 are possibly chasers so next seasons gallop comments should be better on them. Considering that the mixer gallops are about 1 level lower than last season due to sim8.0 I don't feel horrible.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Over $11 mil spent, 347 foals in my barn. 0 TB freak, 2 Freak Paints (1 homebred), 4 Stakes TB (2 DR, TM, DS), 1 Stakes QH, 4 Paint Stakes (2 homebred), 64 TB Allowance, 33 Mixer Allowance. Hours of sorting and researching each mare individually. I don't even know why I bother, and after the day I've had IRL I honestly don't know why I play this game. All last year I struggled with my motivation, and this is just...I'm going to take a few days, maybe more off because my heart can't handle this.

I got to retire/pension a whole bunch of horses I was keeping in case of improvement which made me feel a little better. (I wanted to retire/pension them all).

I just don't want to do this anymore. I am struggling to feel even a tiny bit happy, I do not need more sadness in my life, I have enough of that.

That was way more depressing than I meant it to be, sorry, I'll let myself out. See you whenever.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago Over $11 mil spent, 347 foals in my barn. 0 TB freak, 2 Freak Paints (1 homebred), 4 Stakes TB (2 DR, TM, DS), 1 Stakes QH, 4 Paint Stakes (2 homebred), 64 TB Allowance, 33 Mixer Allowance. Hours of sorting and researching each mare individually. I don't even know why I bother, and after the day I've had IRL I honestly don't know why I play this game. All last year I struggled with my motivation, and this is just...I'm going to take a few days, maybe more off because my heart can't handle this.

I got to retire/pension a whole bunch of horses I was keeping in case of improvement which made me feel a little better. (I wanted to retire/pension them all).

I just don't want to do this anymore. I am struggling to feel even a tiny bit happy, I do not need more sadness in my life, I have enough of that.

That was way more depressing than I meant it to be, sorry, I'll let myself out. See you whenever.
I think most of us feel that way when we see the amount of claimers and solids. I did in past seasons. But last season I decided to focus on the positive runners. Get some rest, come back and focus on the freak paints. Those are definitely not common.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Let’s all remember that this is a game, it has absolutely nothing to do with real life. Gallops can be disappointing I know, I’m not totally happy with mine but it’s definitely no reason to quit the game when you have incredible horses in your racing barn to look forward to.

And yes I understand you might feel like once your superstar retires that’s it, your barn’s on the ropes. But let me tell you, I’ve been through that fear before and something has always come up to make sure my barn stays afloat. Especially since when those stars retire they tend to produce other nice babies.

If you really want to overhaul your whole barn, why not lease your mares off and spend the money on a select few high class leases. Contact players, I’m sure most will be willing to negotiate with you.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

On the thoroughbred side (all turf milers)
1 freak (All of Us Dreamers)
1 allowance
3 productive
2 solid
1 claimer

I will say I'm in a bit of disbelief over the freak. I haven't even had a homebred stakes yearling galloper since thoroughbred gallops were last tweaked years ago (let's not forget last year's shock over finally getting a stakes only to have to be reminded that it was a steward bred) so to get a freak... though of course the universe has a sense of humor because he is out of my mare whose name aged well (she was named pre2016 based on a One Republic Song)
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago On the thoroughbred side (all turf milers)
1 freak (All of Us Dreamers)
1 allowance
3 productive
2 solid
1 claimer

I will say I'm in a bit of disbelief over the freak. I haven't even had a homebred stakes yearling galloper since thoroughbred gallops were last tweaked years ago (let's not forget last year's shock over finally getting a stakes only to have to be reminded that it was a steward bred) so to get a freak... though of course the universe has a sense of humor because he is out of my mare whose name aged well (she was named pre2016 based on a One Republic Song)
I have a stakes TM from All of Us Dreamers- congratulations on your freak.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

41 foals (no Stewardbreds)

1 freak 2.4% (dirt route)
3 stakes 7.3% (turf sprint, dirt route (2))
8 allowance 19.5% (dirt route (5), aw mile,turf route, turf sprint)

29% allowance or better
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 4 years ago I wish my entire breeding barn and training barn would just burn to the ground. $4.1 million spent on breeding 120 foals. One TB freak, two STB freaks, 6 TB stakes, and that's all I get out of it.
Im sure you coud get almost all your investment back from selling that freak ;)
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Out of 28 Dirt Sprint TB foals:

2 Stakes (both fillies)
12 Allowance
8 Productive

I’ll take it, pretty happy with the results overall, stakes gallopers below:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1147690

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1159263
SHOOTING STAR STABLES