New Gallop Comments: Peak, Late Bloomer, Progressive ?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: New Gallop Comments: Peak, Late Bloomer, Progressive ?

Post by Gwayne's World »

Oops!!!
Last edited by Gwayne's World 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago Dylan, regarding your article on gallops, DREAM BIG!

In the immortal words of Bluto (John Belushi) in the movie Animal House, "Don't cost nothin' !" ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf16YtSOaUQ
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I haven't had time to read everything about the new gallop comments...I was wondering thought if gallops no longer give out hints for equipment? When I galloped my 71 yearlings I didn't get any equipment hints. So I don't know if I was just unlucky there, or if the hints are no longer available.

And if it is hints vs peaking ... I would rather have the occasional equipment hint and figure out for myself if my horse is getting better or slowing up as it ages. :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago I haven't had time to read everything about the new gallop comments...I was wondering thought if gallops no longer give out hints for equipment? When I galloped my 71 yearlings I didn't get any equipment hints. So I don't know if I was just unlucky there, or if the hints are no longer available.

And if it is hints vs peaking ... I would rather have the occasional equipment hint and figure out for myself if my horse is getting better or slowing up as it ages. :P

Stormy
They still do ☺️ I got some
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago I haven't had time to read everything about the new gallop comments...I was wondering thought if gallops no longer give out hints for equipment? When I galloped my 71 yearlings I didn't get any equipment hints. So I don't know if I was just unlucky there, or if the hints are no longer available.

Stormy
They still do ☺️ I got some
Lucky You : ) Thanks for the info.
Seems like last year the same thing happened, I galloped 70+ horses and nadda...but then had one gallop session some weeks later where I got a good number of them.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I think what a lot of people forget is that a horse can improve and not change gallops. It can go from the low end of the claimer numbers to a high end of the claimer number, and it would still be an improvement. Not all improvements are going to be claimer to freak or something crazy. Sometimes its just subtle.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I think what a lot of people forget is that a horse can improve and not change gallops. It can go from the low end of the claimer numbers to a high end of the claimer number, and it would still be an improvement. Not all improvements are going to be claimer to freak or something crazy. Sometimes its just subtle.
⏫☝️👆⬆️🆙
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I don't think that is lost on most people, BUT if a claimer is at its peak in a gallop we know there is no point, which is more important to know, and at least the late bloomer tells us at least that this horse will likely improve, nowhere does it say how little or how much... but if you are deciding on whether to wait a horse out, at least this tells us whether there is any possibility of something worth something later on, right? Which is the point of this new information in the first place, not that this claimer is going to become anything other than a claimer or anything better, so that is a helpful tool on whether its time to discard them immediately or see if anything develops, and if not, discard them later, not a big deal.. I mean even if the claimer improves to solid, still unusable.. The only question I would have is whether these comments reveal something that was always in the game or if the way the horses develop has been changed so these categories apply? I assume there is no change in the horses's development within the game but I haven't heard one way or the other..
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Now what would be really cool.....
If the bloomer comment showed on the stables pages:
Peak
Progressive
Late Bloomer

Man wouldn’t that be something :)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago Now what would be really cool.....
If the bloomer comment showed on the stables pages:
Peak
Progressive
Late Bloomer

Man wouldn’t that be something :)
Already posted this in One Small Thing, and now I'm waiting!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Here's the one thing I've been mulling over. The one comment says the following:

This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!

I'm curious as to whether the comment Peak, Progressive, Late Bloomer applies only to the odds of the horse's ability changing at the beginning of the year/mid year (whether it's within the same gallop comment or enough to push it to a new gallop comment) sometime in the future, and not to a horse that can improve after a start. The latter horse could technically show up as peak but still have room to improve once it has the racing experience. That still leaves some uncertainty to the process, and could explain why the disclaimer is there. I may be overthinking the comment, but I'm keeping some well-bred underachievers that have the peak comment to experiment with.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago Here's the one thing I've been mulling over. The one comment says the following:

This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!

I'm curious as to whether the comment Peak, Progressive, Late Bloomer applies only to the odds of the horse's ability changing at the beginning of the year/mid year (whether it's within the same gallop comment or enough to push it to a new gallop comment) sometime in the future, and not to a horse that can improve after a start. The latter horse could technically show up as peak but still have room to improve once it has the racing experience. That still leaves some uncertainty to the process, and could explain why the disclaimer is there. I may be overthinking the comment, but I'm keeping some well-bred underachievers that have the peak comment to experiment with.
You are not overthinking the comment.... there's definitely still wiggle room that we can and will see.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

As for some wiggle room...She always galloped as allowance, and a handy one at that. Now new this year, she’s a stake, at her peak. Lol, I love this game!
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I was curious if my gamble and decidIng to keep Velvet Soft racing would pay off and I galloped her and she gallop FREAK and is at her peak now ! Woot woot
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Perhaps we need another comment for past their peak so we know they aren't as good as they once were.