Purses Cut - Impact on Sires?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Purses Cut - Impact on Sires?

Post by Gavin Guile »

I noticed that some of the stake races from this year to prior have been cut, some I saw were by 50%. Since purses are lower is the minimum amount earned to not receive a stud penalty still $350k?

Also it will now be tough to get to the thresholds set by previous horses in career earnings, feels like we are in a new era to evaluate horses, thoughts?
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Purses Cut - Impact on Sires?

Post by Laura Smith »

I'm not noticing any changes in the stakes sched even after clearing my cache. Hmm.

But I imagine the threshold will still be $350k. It's really not hard to make that these days. I think Em has said that it should be raised even... but that was before the purse cut, I guess.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Oh ok cool, I was looking at the two year old schedule so may not be a big impact as I thought it might be
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I wish this change had been implemented starting with this year’s 2 yo. Just thinking about rankings, stallion potential, broodmare records and so on, it would be easier to think of horses as racing ‘before the switch’ or ‘after the switch’ and having it be easy to spot them by age. Now we will have a ton of 3, 4, and 5 yos caught in purse level limbo.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

I thought the penalty was $1,000,000. Is it only $350k?
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

350k to avoid the slight negative effect put on the sire numbers once retired. However not many are going to be sending their nice mares to a sire with 350k earning so most look at the 1 mill mark before they even start looking.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA