Steward Limits Explain

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Steward Limits Explain

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Gavin Guile wrote: 4 years ago I just do what I think is fun, I don’t complain or whine about not getting anything/wanting to get something. Just play the game I want to and enjoy doing it. Let people who have strong opinions about limits that I really have no understanding of how it impacts the game, I just adjust based on the current rules and having fun while doing so.
^^^^^^
yeah
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago This makes me think of something else related to DR - is there going to be a gallop comment adjustment with them? Is that a sentiment anyone else shares, that it’s needed? I’d rather any Stakes DR I have get readjustment to Allowance if need be, so I actually know what I’m breeding and/or really working with. Just a thought!
For what it's worth, I do think an adjustment would probably make sense here. At least much more than it did for non-standardbred Mixers this year ;)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Anyone who ends up with a Stakes DR Colt in a TBS auction is probably doing the right thing if they can sell it for a profit of 50% or more. Those things just aren't going to be competitive enough to earn more on track nearly all of the time.

Anyone who gets a Freak in any division should keep it and race it (or trade for a comparable freak if they prefer), and I'll tell them that. That said, if they still want to sell a freak I'm always interested.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 4 years ago
Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago This makes me think of something else related to DR - is there going to be a gallop comment adjustment with them? Is that a sentiment anyone else shares, that it’s needed? I’d rather any Stakes DR I have get readjustment to Allowance if need be, so I actually know what I’m breeding and/or really working with. Just a thought!
For what it's worth, I do think an adjustment would probably make sense here. At least much more than it did for non-standardbred Mixers this year ;)
I'm not sure how you adjust a subset of Thoroughbreds, rather than the entire breed. The other adjustments have been on a breed basis. There's other divisions that only have the very rare freak, particularly all weather. For example, I tend to leave most of mine horses as unspecified until they're actually ready to race. I get where you're coming from with this, but I don't know how this gets done in a way that addresses only dirt routers, and not the entire breed.
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

I read the whole thread.... can someone tell me exactly what the complaint is?
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Glenn Larson wrote: 4 years ago I read the whole thread.... can someone tell me exactly what the complaint is?
The complaint is we're going stir crazy without racing
I have a stable full of cats
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 4 years ago
Glenn Larson wrote: 4 years ago I read the whole thread.... can someone tell me exactly what the complaint is?
The complaint is we're going stir crazy without racing
Although you have to admit, in terms of break forum drama this year has been very mild!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt