Declining A Simmy Award

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Declining A Simmy Award

Post by Danny Derby »

I just feel outright dirty that Bella Notte won the Champion 3YO Filly award. I won't argue she's nice but by no stretch of the imagination did she have the best year, and several others were plainly more deserving. Honestly I was surprised she was even nominated. After giving it some more thought, I'd like to respectfully decline the award if possible.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Declining A Simmy Award

Post by Rochelle Bos »

If it makes you feel better I didn't vote for her
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago I just feel outright dirty that Bella Notte won the Champion 3YO Filly award. I won't argue she's nice but by no stretch of the imagination did she have the best year, and several others were plainly more deserving. Honestly I was surprised she was even nominated. After giving it some more thought, I'd like to respectfully decline the award if possible.
You decline the award. It's then given to the second place vote getter. I bet the new winner will feel real warm and fuzzy about getting the award. If you feel that strongly about not winning maybe declining the nomination would have been a better solution.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago If it makes you feel better I didn't vote for her
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!:
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I mean, the general SIM population saw that she was deserving. It’s a democracy for a reason and she seems to have earned it according to this democratic body. While I didn’t agree it seems most people did so I believe she truly did deserve the award.
yeah
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

this makes my head hurt
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Danny, I don't think your filly was up for voting...at least I don't see her listed...so she was chosen by Em/her team. ?

Your filly got: Y53-North American Champion Three Year Old Female (with the key words here, at least to me...being North American.)

It might be some of the other fillies you think were more deserving did not race solely in North America...so if they won a Grade 1 race in say Europe, or did a number of races in Asia and then came here and won a few, while your horse campaigned here for every race and knocked out those stake wins...then any race outside of North America should not count in this particular category and your filly gets credit where credit is due.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000