Pegasus Classic

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: Pegasus Classic

Post by Gwayne's World »

The moral of this story is, we owners have to do a better job breeding our horses.

The Steward has set a high standard for us to aim at.

Nothing is broken. Nothing needs fixing.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago The moral of this story is, we owners have to do a better job breeding our horses.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago The moral of this story is, we owners have to do a better job breeding our horses.

delusional
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago

delusional
But he has a valid point.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Couldn't have said it better myself
yeah
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I’m hoping someone who has picked stallions for The Steward with equal success as her could help me choose a stallion for https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=613540 this year. She threw only stakes and freaks when The Steward was breeding her, and only claimers and solids for me while I’ve been sending them to seemingly top tier stallions. Thanks in advance!
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

I think what Danny says is really interesting and worth noting.
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago I’m hoping someone who has picked stallions for The Steward with equal success as her could help me choose a stallion for https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=613540 this year. She threw only stakes and freaks when The Steward was breeding her, and only claimers and solids for me while I’ve been sending them to seemingly top tier stallions. Thanks in advance!
You will never change their minds!! Of course, they won’t change mine either.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago I’m hoping someone who has picked stallions for The Steward with equal success as her could help me choose a stallion for https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=613540 this year. She threw only stakes and freaks when The Steward was breeding her, and only claimers and solids for me while I’ve been sending them to seemingly top tier stallions. Thanks in advance!
I was going to say Kingdom Come but you already tried him, so Circle of Life :p

Also yes, I paired Em’s mares for her few years ago.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago
I think the mare lease that happened last year (was it last year?) had similar results. Is she a hen? Sometimes I really wonder about the BSA comment for certain mares...I don’t know if anyone else feels like it’s funky too. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Or it could very well be that I just have terrible luck.
Oh yes, my mare is certainly a hen!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago Also steward breds aren’t better because the steward breeds them. One year I bred basically every steward bred turf router (maybe at the end of Em’s pregnancy or something?). I think there were at least two super freaky horses from the ones I bred (I want to say Reddington was one of them but I’d have to dig my spreadsheet out of purgatory to confirm that). They are good because they have over 50 years of pedigree.
It wasn't Reddington - his note says: Been planning this horse a loooong time... please don't change name!

I know one year I suggested most of the turf sprinters and milers crosses, because the Steward was crunched for time (Breeders' Cup weekend) and also provided the names for Rift Storm, Gunmetal Grey and Click Three Times. There's been other years I've made suggestions, but it's been a while.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I happened to beat 3 Steward-bred horses in a Graded DR Stakes with a player-bred "stakes" galloper the other night, it was pretty fun.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1370197

A good horse is a good horse, regardless of who bred it. The Steward simply has a concentration of extremely nice mares at her disposal that most of us could never afford, so her yield of Stakes/Freaks every season versus lower gallops is far higher than we players achieve. I can just about guarantee you that if she were to transfer all those mares to someone else for a season, that player would see similar gallop percentages in the resulting yearlings.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 4 years ago I happened to beat 3 Steward-bred horses in a Graded DR Stakes with a player-bred "stakes" galloper the other night, it was pretty fun.
Uh-oh! You're throwing down the gauntlet? Em, you have to do better!!! :D
Not any ol' player-bred that. :) Congwatulations!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 4 years ago I happened to beat 3 Steward-bred horses in a Graded DR Stakes with a player-bred "stakes" galloper the other night, it was pretty fun.

A good horse is a good horse, regardless of who bred it. The Steward simply has a concentration of extremely nice mares at her disposal that most of us could never afford, so her yield of Stakes/Freaks every season versus lower gallops is far higher than we players achieve. I can just about guarantee you that if she were to transfer all those mares to someone else for a season, that player would see similar gallop percentages in the resulting yearlings.

I mean that wasn’t your ordinary player bred horse. It was a Pete Vella bred horse haha
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago

I mean that wasn’t your ordinary player bred horse. It was a Pete Vella bred horse haha
Pretty sure in my research you had a 0.0% TB millionaire breeding score 😜
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt