Pegasus Classic

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Pegasus Classic

Post by Gwayne's World »

Cleo vs. The World (Steward Breds). Rooting for the homey.

Nice card overall with many nice horses.

Good luck to all!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Pegasus Classic

Post by Danny Derby »

Is it problematic that 7 of 8 runners in a race like this are Stewies?
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Looking further at the non-AW races. Really is kind of telling.

Turf: 5 of 7
Dirt Mile: 7 of 7
Turf Mile: 6 of 7
Sprint: 5 of 6
Dash: 2 of 5
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Is it problematic that 7 of 8 runners in a race like this are Stewies?
Absolutely
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Looking further at the non-AW races. Really is kind of telling.

Turf: 5 of 7
Dirt Mile: 7 of 7
Turf Mile: 6 of 7
Sprint: 5 of 6
Dash: 2 of 5
So are you telling me it’s stewardbred or nothing?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

That confirms the rush to get Steward breds
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

George Knatz wrote: 4 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Is it problematic that 7 of 8 runners in a race like this are Stewies?
Absolutely
Curious to hear your thoughts why? Not that I’m disagreeing or anything but I’d love to know why you think they are such a big problem.

And I guess this raises the question, if Steward Breds are a problem, should Em stop breeding her mares?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago
Absolutely
Curious to hear your thoughts why? Not that I’m disagreeing or anything but I’d love to know why you think they are such a big problem.

And I guess this raises the question, if Steward Breds are a problem, should Em stop breeding her mares?
Awww the age old question,
“to stewardbred or not to stewardbred”

It would definitely be an interesting and more balanced world for all without stewardbreds.

Players would be forced to rely on their breeding skills and slides would play a bigger role since that would be how the small barns complete in the big races if they are not breeding all the monsters. (Gotta love those slide freaks. Gives us a little hope)

The only problem I see is that unless all current stewardbreds were removed from the game, it would still put the smaller barns at a very unfair advantage not having the steward mare stock in their barns.

Honestly don’t think there is an easy answer.

I noticed a small trend and more stewardbreds per season as the years float by. 15 seasons ago she wasn’t even breaking the 200 foal mark, but last year she bred 264.
And we all know 95% of them are stakes or freaks. Homebreds can’t compete with those numbers.

I think less stewardbreds with a restriction of 1 per trainer per age bracket might be an option. That way they are still around, but less of them per season on the track allowing more room for the homebreds to start making an impact.

Just my Thursday ramblings. Probably take flack from someone over my response to this, but oh well. As the saying goes, opinions are like (you know what), we all have them 😂
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Just for the record, I love Steward bred horses.

I just look at it as a challenge to breed a nice one on my own. ;)
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago
Absolutely

First let me state that as long as they are in the game, I will participate in every stewardbred sale there is.

That being said, I would prefer to race and compete against horses that were bred by players with that players skill and not monster horses bred by the owner of the game. It is a little heart breaking to breed a few DR stakes horses and realize that they only have minor racing value because there are probably 75 DR stewardbred stakes that they have to compete against. I do feel there was a much higher percentage of allowance horses in the past couple auctions which at least is some improvement.

I am just stating my preference. I will buy my three every year and hope for the super freak just like everyone else.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

It’s not hard to race in a steward bred free world. Just get into mixers.

Also steward breds aren’t better because the steward breeds them. One year I bred basically every steward bred turf router (maybe at the end of Em’s pregnancy or something?). I think there were at least two super freaky horses from the ones I bred (I want to say Reddington was one of them but I’d have to dig my spreadsheet out of purgatory to confirm that). They are good because they have over 50 years of pedigree.

There are benefits from steward breds that people don’t necessarily realise. One example is I’ve seen Em notice that certain divisions are getting low on good stallions (because we tend to be filly heavy with our best mates) and she’ll punch out a heap of outcross lined colts to try and fill the gap. A lot of the problems we see in mixers would probably never have even happened if they also had steward breds, but it’s good that they don’t because that gives players the option to compete player to player only.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago Also steward breds aren’t better because the steward breeds them.
we will agree to disagree =)
Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago A lot of the problems we see in mixers would probably never have even happened if they also had steward breds, but it’s good that they don’t because that gives players the option to compete player to player only.
All the made out of thin air studs are basically stewardbreds. Holiday studs, the all new and improved GP studs. All hypo better than most of the player bred studs. It has caused a problem in mixers as 95% of the player bred studs are useless at this point unless you are into breeding allowance horses.
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

/
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

+1 to all Pete's comments.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago Also steward breds aren’t better because the steward breeds them.
we will agree to disagree =)
I literally bred virtually every one of her mares in one division and that year’s horses weren’t any better or worse than the year before or after. They are better horses because they come from better mares. I bet I’d have just as good numbers as Em if I had 100 Special to You types in my barn. Those better mares are the product of 50+ seasons of purely playing the breeding game. I do realise that Em has a definite advantage in knowing precisely how the breeding script works but random slide is just as likely to * her as it is with us.
Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago A lot of the problems we see in mixers would probably never have even happened if they also had steward breds, but it’s good that they don’t because that gives players the option to compete player to player only.
All the made out of thin air studs are basically stewardbreds. Holiday studs, the all new and improved GP studs. All hypo better than most of the player bred studs. It has caused a problem in mixers as 95% of the player bred studs are useless at this point unless you are into breeding allowance horses.
Those holiday studs and such were only introduced because players were so short sighted with their breeding practices that they drove the mixers into the ground. Which is probably exactly what they’d do to thoroughbreds given time. I’ve already seen it happen to a massive degree with dirt sprinters even with Em trying to counter it.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)