Total Purses in the SIM

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Total Purses in the SIM

Post by The Steward »

Or as we call it behind the scenes, "Invented Money."

41 - 1,102,254,000
42 - 1,098,922,500
43 - 1,118,051,000
44 - 1,171,961,000
45 - 1,230,418,000
46 - 1,200,814,500
47 - 1,193,927,000
48 - 1,222,438,000
49 - 1,272,387,500
50 - 1,301,834,500
51 - 1,308,921,000
52 - 1,317,300,000
53 - 1,336,580,500
54 - 1,327,304,000 (WITH purse cuts, and still 10 weeks of sponsored races yet to happen)

This is how much free, magical money is printed in the SIM every year, then more if you count all the contests/TCT prizes/claim game prizes, etc.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Total Purses in the SIM

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Holy cats!!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Looks like the same amount of money if not more is there every season for the taking. We as players just need to do a better job of finding ways to get a piece of it :)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

It does put things into perspective!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Such a little difference on the overall number from the past several years it makes me wonder what the point of the purse cuts even was.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Is there a way you can also report on how much of that goes unclaimed? (Races with no entries?)
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

So SIM purses have risen 21% in 14 seasons. That’s an average of 1.5% a year. If the player base has risen by the same percentage, the average amount of available money per person would be the same. If the player base has grown by more than 1.5% per year the actual available money per player is less.

When only given one variable you can make anything you want out of numbers.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

I think this thread is about purse cuts and that’s fine, but I’m wondering:

1- we typically hear that XYZ amount of cash must be taken out of the SIM each season. Is there a targeted amount of cash to be floating in the SIM at any one time?

2- how does the purse total available, or the amount to be removed from the economy, fluctuate based on player population? (new players, players who leave, etc). Or does it?

3- if the TBS auctions never pulled money from the game, basically the whole game would look more like the Mixed and Standard breeds. I’m not saying that’s good or bad, but we have made it work in other breeds, seems like it could work in Thoroughbreds as well
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

As George and Glenn have pointed out it's one number of several that actually cause a problem (or solution). I seem to remember quite a few seasons a go that a $3B number was the amount quoted as the open $$ and at that time it had stayed close to that for awhile. I also remember when it only took about $7-8m to be in the top 50 in cash. Now its solidly over $12m. It's not a popular option but other means seem to be needed to bring the Sim economy back in line from Simflation. A graduated tax/increased expenses-day rates. Maybe pay the jockeys...don't know but as Danny pointed out even dramatic purse reductions didn't make a dent. Time to brain storm!
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Well, the fact is the game allows you to print money, you can go buy points and sell them for cash, now both people have the value instead of just one, if you can "print" money the value of those dollars goes down, inflation, so the problem I see is that this is not a closed universe where what people are paying in sim money for breeding, training, etc... is not as much as they are getting in purses, money is just plain created by anyone who wants to create it, and for that, everyone gets penalized.. I am sure its not nearly that simple, but that has to also put pressure on overall money in the game. happy to be corrected
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Art Kage wrote: 4 years ago Well, the fact is the game allows you to print money, you can go buy points and sell them for cash, now both people have the value instead of just one, if you can "print" money the value of those dollars goes down, inflation, so the problem I see is that this is not a closed universe where what people are paying in sim money for breeding, training, etc... is not as much as they are getting in purses, money is just plain created by anyone who wants to create it, and for that, everyone gets penalized.. I am sure its not nearly that simple, but that has to also put pressure on overall money in the game. happy to be corrected
If you buy game points and sell them for cash, someone is buying them, they no longer have the cash, it doesn’t double. It doesn’t produce more cash in the game, unless the game was buying your points.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I have cash I didnt have that I did not make in the game, I purchased that cash with real cash when I bought the game points.. it doubles. the other person can use those game points to breed horses that make money... so they just made a trade, and I have money that I created by buying it for real money

Ill just put it another way, since we have the exchange we could just cut out the middle man of game points, because game points have $$ value now, so when I buy game points, I am just really buying money for the game, money out of thin air, it cost me nothing within the game to get it.. It has the same value if you just called it another currency that can only be used to purchase certain things in the game, but with the exchange I can buy anything in the game, whether it cost money or game points.. doesnt matter, so you are buying money, and exchanging it for a different currency, thats it
Last edited by Art K Stables 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Art Kage wrote: 4 years ago I have cash I didnt have that I did not make in the game, I purchased that cash with real cash when I bought the game points.. it doubles. the other person can use those game points to breed horses that make money... so they just made a trade, and I have money that I created by buying it for real money
If you buy 100,000 SIM dollars from me for 10,000 game points, I no longer have the 100,000. I have 10,000 GPs. It does not double. 100,000 does not become 200,000
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Ill just put it another way, since we have the exchange we could just cut out the middle man of game points, because game points have $$ value now, so when I buy game points, I am just really buying money for the game, money out of thin air, it cost me nothing within the game to get it.. It has the same value if you just called it another currency that can only be used to purchase certain things in the game, but with the exchange I can buy anything in the game, whether it cost money or game points.. doesnt matter, so you are buying money, and exchanging it for a different currency, thats it
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

but again, you are not buying money for game points, you are buying money for REAL money, youve created money in the game you didnt have by purchasing it at the simstore with real cash.. that ADDS money to the overall money in the game