The Louisville Bunbury and The Bunburette

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

The Louisville Bunbury and The Bunburette

Post by Stormy Peak »

This year it seems I have 2 nice fillies...at least given how well they did last year. Both are from my long lived line that started with my mare Foremost, who started her racing career in Yr 17. She started a pedigree line that produces great females/mares but rarely, great males. :P (but I'm not complaining!)

Foretold

Roughian

Foretold won a Grade 1 in Europe as a 2 year old, and Roughian came in 2nd in the SC Bunburette, losing it by a nose to the wonderful filly, Rightlovewrongtime, owned by Carolyn Eaton.

So, now I've entered them in their first big races as 3 year olds, and I decided to do something a bit more risky with Roughian and I entered her into the Bunbury, rather than enter both into the Bunburette.

I think my 2 fillies are really close as far as talent, but Foretold 'likes mud' - and I thought with that slight handicap, it probably would be better to not put her in with the boys, so Roughian gets the chance to go against the boys and also see a nice increase in distance...at 1 1/4 miles...compared the 1 1/8 miles in the Bunburette.

Both will be in tough races, and also, now it's Foretold's turn to face Rightlovewrongtime, as well as other very fine fillies.

Roughian, is a 'no preference' and facing some tough colts,including last year's SC winner A Fighter, owned by Sim legend, Laura Ferguson.

A few days ago, I took a look at the history of the Bunbury to see if any fillies ever won it, and since it's inception in Year 33, only 1 filly has won and that was last year when the aptly named Cursebreaker, owned by Erin Sanderson beat the pack by a neck. I didn't take the time to see how many fillies attempted this feat over the years, but maybe tonight I might research that if I have the time.

I might be foolish to pit my filly against the boys, but it's hard to ignore the $$ Million Dollar purse. The Bunburette's purse is at $500,000. Both of my fillies are stakes type, and probably going against freaks, but I've had plenty of really nice stake horses that have beat freaks, so I'm hoping both of my fillies will be like that. Right now, I just don't have enough races with them to determine that.

I want to wish everyone the best of luck in the races, and if you have any comments on your own entries, I would love to hear them.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: The Louisville Bunbury and The Bunburette

Post by Stormy Peak »

Dang...

Foretold got the farthest outside rail.
Roughian, in her race, didn't fair that much better...post position 2.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000