I just have to ask this....

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tony Baker
Sprinter

I just have to ask this....

Post by Tony Baker »

So I have this question that I have typed out three times and deleted it, but I am going to ask it even tho is sounds slightly crazy (we all need to laugh sometimes.....)

I am slightly nostalgic at heart and I retired my 1st ever winner from the game (was a different career gallop). Rather than send him to the great Sim pixel bin in the sky next year I've made him a stable pony......

My question is.....being a former different career galloper...will he teach my yearlings I purchased recently his bad habits of wobbling up the stretch and being all "stiff and awkward" and ducking around the back of the stable for a cigarette instead of doing workouts... or does the sim not take a former gallop rating of a stable pony into consideration...an allowance gallop yearling is going to perform as an allowance gallop (within the set predetermined parameters) without any influence from their stable pony ?

I'm 99.99% guessing the answer is no but the 0.01% chance is the reason we buy lotto tickets right?
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: I just have to ask this....

Post by Laura Smith »

The stable ponies' abilities don't have any effect on the horses they train, as far as I know... but I also get sentimental about them ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Tony, I have bad news for ya.

He probably realized why he was so stiff and awkward, and his way to teach the young'uns not to be that way, is to duck behind the barn with them to smoke weed. :P

Just hope he teaches them about race day drug testing too. :?

Stormy ;)
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I asked if the swim the horse option which mentions building stamina would help a front runner type not fizzle out, or if it does actually help in a particular rating of the horse in the game, never got an answer.. its "game play" meaning figure it out.. which with 6 or 7 races a year is silly but whatever
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Art Kage wrote: 4 years ago I asked if the swim the horse option which mentions building stamina would help a front runner type not fizzle out, or if it does actually help in a particular rating of the horse in the game, never got an answer.. its "game play" meaning figure it out.. which with 6 or 7 races a year is silly but whatever
For whatever it's worth, my impression for a long time has been that besides being an exercise, all those activities help with an "experience" stat, which improves performance. This was on an old podcast (which I hope I have archived somewhere so I can confirm this)... the other nugget of info I remember from it was that it's actually really hard to max out that experience stat and very few horses ever do.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Thanks Laura good to know I imagine part of the difficulty is how much or little you do is different for the optimum for each horse