New and Fun Ways to Spend Sim$

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: New and Fun Ways to Spend Sim$

Post by Dylan Christensen »

For the ones that it seemingly would...
yeah
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

SIM lottery?

Runs 2-3 times per season, 10-50k per ticket and you can buy as many tickets as you like

Payouts are made up of a quarter or maybe a third of the total $$ from entries. So 1000 entries would pull in 10 million and then 2.5 million gets paid out to winning players and 7.5 million goes poof. It’s not huge numbers but it’s one more small fun thing.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Can ya tell I am work again.... Bored enough ro respond.

As things stand, one can't train a horse 5,000kms away with out having at least one person onsite to physically attend the animal. It has been proven time and time again that as an assistant, Mary Fairweather or what ever she goes by these days is incompetent quite frequently... So you could charge for having an assistant trainer each week for each region you race in.
Benefits: Horse doesn't get poisoned or shot by mobsters.

Maybe make players hire grooms based on the number of horses they have racing. One groom for every 5-10 horses.
Benefits: Your horse gets fed.

Allows players to build their own personal Hall Of Fame Museum for horses they want remembered for themselves. Charge to build it. Charge to add a horse... Cause it costs to build and set up displays.
Benefits: Horses available for easy access on a data table for a trip down memory lane.

Done rambling now.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago Art if you have not caught on yet, the common response to any idea submitted is that it will cause a larger Gap between the rich and the poor.
Maybe that is because a lot of the ideas give game advantages to those that can afford to pay for them.

I thought Admin wanted suggestions that didn't give game advantages.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago So I run a large barn and yes this would make things easy, but do I really want this? No.

If that’s the case why have equipment, fitness, ect ect in the first place?

I think we need to have some challenges in the game to keep it interesting and also showcase one trainers ability versus another. Doing all these for us automatically would remove aspect of the game.

We can hire an assistant trainer already. Find a player willing to do those things for you and hire them to help you.

My vote is no for this.
Yes, this is a good point. At least once a year, I forget to train for a week and it would be nice to not have to rely on my rapid fading memory!!!

However, I agree that we do need challenges in the game, and this would be one that I can do without the change.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

What about a companion pet show. You pay entry fees and then the winner gets the pot minus some percentage taken out by management. Or if we wanted to limit potential winnings just a set amount. Could make a trophy for the trophy case and have a page that lists all the companion pet show winners.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 4 years agoAllows players to build their own personal Hall Of Fame Museum for horses they want remembered for themselves. Charge to build it. Charge to add a horse... Cause it costs to build and set up displays.
Benefits: Horses available for easy access on a data table for a trip down memory lane.

So far I think this is my favourite idea, but I know that there are players wouldn’t use this, some players are much less sentimental about their horses and view the SIM as a game of numbers. That being said to me this is similar to paying to save your ladies from dying when they have their last foal.

Maybe there could be a link from the player profile to their “Top Competitors Gallery”. Maybe they’ll need to have a headshot to be added?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
Kaine Saracen wrote: 4 years agoAllows players to build their own personal Hall Of Fame Museum for horses they want remembered for themselves. Charge to build it. Charge to add a horse... Cause it costs to build and set up displays.

So far I think this is my favourite idea, but I know that there are players wouldn’t use this, some players are much less sentimental about their horses and view the SIM as a game of numbers. That being said to me this is similar to paying to save your ladies from dying when they have their last foal.

Maybe there could be a link from the player profile to their “Top Competitors Gallery”. Maybe they’ll need to have a headshot to be added?
Yeah, I like this. Of course not everyone would use it, but some would. I think it'd be really neat to have a gallery of my sentimental favourites.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago

Yeah, I like this. Of course not everyone would use it, but some would. I think it'd be really neat to have a gallery of my sentimental favourites.
Maybe there could be a way for us to add a little one line blurb about why they are there? “First Grade 1 Winner”, “First Headshot”, “First SIMMY Award Winner”, “Beast of a Horse”, “First superstar Stud”, “5 generations of homebreds”, etc
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

What about ribbons we could add to horse's manes? They wouldn't have any impact at all on their racing ability, but in the past performances and horse page it would note which ribbon a horse was wearing for each start, including the size, color and any decorations on it. If the horse has a headshot the ribbons could also be added to the headshot for an additional fee.
James Selby
Sprinter

Post by James Selby »

When the theme of this trend is "Fun" way to spend cash in the sim, I think Cleo's suggestion of possibly up to three super lotteries might interest all players and have a better chance of success if the prize's are...lets say more mouthwatering.

The prize's obviously can't be money because lots of players have plenty of that and besides the object is to take more money out of the game and not create it. So you have to ask yourself, What is the main feature in this game, players like/want to give out their shineys on most ?

Answer = A Steward bred.

If these lotteries had the following prizes...I think most players would be happy to buy a ticket or more.

Wk 16. Lottery 1 = 100K ticket. Prize = Choice of any Stew bred before they go to the TBS auction.

Wk 8. Lottery 2 = 50k ticket. Prize = Steward breeds a mare you send her for you...you just tell her Stud choice.

Wk 5. Lottery 3 = 25k ticket. Prize = Choice of any unbred mare from the stewards barn on a free lease.

My pricing might be a bit steep but considering the value of the prize it would need to be. Again this would bring up the rich v poor argument, as the rich can buy more tickets...but please consider a favorite does not win every race and if need be a ticket limit could be implemented.

Ok, my mind has stopped racing now. I think I will go and relax and watch a film...maybe "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory". :)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

James Selby wrote: 4 years ago When the theme of this trend is "Fun" way to spend cash in the sim, I think Cleo's suggestion of possibly up to three super lotteries might interest all players and have a better chance of success if the prize's are...lets say more mouthwatering.

The prize's obviously can't be money because lots of players have plenty of that and besides the object is to take more money out of the game and not create it. So you have to ask yourself, What is the main feature in this game, players like/want to give out their shineys on most ?

Answer = A Steward bred.

If these lotteries had the following prizes...I think most players would be happy to buy a ticket or more.

Wk 16. Lottery 1 = 100K ticket. Prize = Choice of any Stew bred before they go to the TBS auction.

Wk 8. Lottery 2 = 50k ticket. Prize = Steward breeds a mare you send her for you...you just tell her Stud choice.

Wk 5. Lottery 3 = 25k ticket. Prize = Choice of any unbred mare from the stewards barn on a free lease.

My pricing might be a bit steep but considering the value of the prize it would need to be. Again this would bring up the rich v poor argument, as the rich can buy more tickets...but please consider a favorite does not win every race and if need be a ticket limit could be implemented.

Ok, my mind has stopped racing now. I think I will go and relax and watch a film...maybe "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory". :)
This sounds fun! And there can always be a max ticket amount enabled
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Unfortunately James, that idea might not take money out. Each stewardbred already sells and takes money out of the game, so if the lottery only brings in 7 million and the winner picks a 15 million horse, we go backwards.

Maybe lottery prizes could be for being able to preset things on a foal. Like you can select soundness or equipment or weather or maybe even when they’ll mature AT TIME OF BREEDING. Those are good prizes because they are sort of valuable but you can still * that horse up picking a bad cross, or it can still be born a claimer.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

James Selby wrote: 4 years ago Wk 8. Lottery 2 = 50k ticket. Prize = Steward breeds a mare you send her for you...you just tell her Stud choice.
The way I'm interpreting this is you take one of your own mares, pick a stallion for her, then the Steward just puts her name on it by hitting the breed button? If so I don't see the benefit? If I'm getting it wrong could you clarify what you mean?
yeah
James Selby
Sprinter

Post by James Selby »

Unfortunately James, that idea might not take money out. Each stewardbred already sells and takes money out of the game, so if the lottery only brings in 7 million and the winner picks a 15 million horse, we go backwards.
Cleo...We both could be right or wrong here. I went with the assumption that if only a 100 active players bought only one ticket in each lottery during the season then that would properly pay back the steward the loss of that one horse from the tbs auction and all sales above that number would be eventually taking money out of the game.
The way I'm interpreting this is you take one of your own mares, pick a stallion for her, then the Steward just puts her name on it by hitting the breed button? If so I don't see the benefit? If I'm getting it wrong could you clarify what you mean?
Dylan...The benefit is that you are still getting a stewbred that properly has a minimum value of at least a million. Remember, that breeders name on the foal takes approx 180 - 220 million out of the game each year because we feel paying that money will properly give us a quality horse. On top of that because you are sending her the mare, it would be most likely be one you have some sort of attachment to and would like it to have a better chance of breeding a good one (by no means guaranteed) in a division you like to compete in most.

Again this was just a fun idea. I don't know if it would be a success or not as their is properly a lot of knock on effects to take into account (3 stwbrd rule springs to mind) but the TCT competition and the Pick six seem to get a decent following in the game so maybe something like this might also work.