Improvents W9D1 are here one day early?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Improvents W9D1 are here one day early?

Post by Polk Buffalo »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1135784

I accidently galloped this one yesterday (solid)
and today (allowance)

I noticed about 10 other improvers after galloping today. (and one going from claimer to different career)
I thought improvements occured W9D1 but it seems they occur W8D7.

Go ahead and regallop folks!
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Improvents W9D1 are here one day early?

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I am pretty sure even though they are advertised as week 9 changes they've always actually occurred week 8 day 7.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I think they actually occur a little after results on Saturday. At least, historically, they have.

So far, I've had a pair of two year old fillies improve from stakes to freak (one late bloomer, one progress), and another two improve from allowance to stakes (both late bloomer). Three are dirt routers, one is a turf router.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I jumped my 2 yo chasers.. 15 out of 16 went from chase stakes to chase allowance..
Those chasers always surprise me.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

Only galloped my yearlings and the unraced 2 yr olds in my barn. Had many improvements which surprised me since I rarely get any.

Yearlings

1 allowance --> Stakes (Phenomenal One)

2 YEAR OLDS

2 Different Career -- Claimer
2 Claimers -- Solid
1 Claimer -- Productive
1 Solid -- Productive
4 Productives -- Allowance
4 Allowance -- Stakes (Timelapse, Summerland, Man of Mystery, Good Samaritan)
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I have a 3 year old filly that I have been leasing since around this time last season. She has gone from Allowance, to (late blooming) Stakes at the start of this season, to now "at peak" Freak at this week 9 change. She won a G3 for me as a Stakes galloper, so I can't wait to see what she does the rest of the season.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Yeah, I definitely think that the changes 8.0 brought made gallop improvements more likely. I had a bunch, and I usually have absolutely zero.

The highlights are an allowance filly turning into a stakes, and a stakes colt turning into a freak. Both are 2yo dirt routers.
I have a stable full of cats
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

I had an allowance filly turn to stakes (2 year old DS) and a 3 year old filly go from stakes to freak (also DS).
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Huh interesting, of my 1 and 2yos I've had no improvers. Interesting that everyone else suddenly saw a spike though.

ETA: Just tested some 3yos and one of my fillies went from Allowance to Stakes and is at her 'peak' now (she's by Satono Moon who seems to often have these improvers)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

My yearlings didn't improve because they all hate me but my 3yos, they love me.

I had three horses improve to freak!

Allure - dirt sprint filly - King of Stars x Alluring Contrast https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1089043 (formerly stakes)

Brewers - dirt sprint colt - Walk Off Grandslam x Bedroom Secrets https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1059263 (formerly stakes)

Horse - dirt route colt - James Dean x Trials of Love https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1063413 (his name amuses me, also formerly stakes)

Titanic's allowance filly improved to stakes as a 3yo too
Last edited by Nena Olson 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

My yearlings didn’t budge, but I am perfectly okay with that!

I didn’t have any flat horses improve to freak, but I had 5 TBs improve to stakes (DR, DR, TR, TR, TS), and 3 mixers improved to stakes (Appy, Appy, QH).

I also had 2 2yo chasers improve to Chase Freak. And a handful improve to Chase Stakes

I have no idea how many flat allowance TBs I started the year with, but I have 190 allowance at the moment...that is an overwhelming amount 😅

Also improvements have always happen after races week 8, it’s just easier to say they happen week 9 😉
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

Wow....allowance to freak, stakes to freak. Is this random? I wonder how it all works. (hmmmm)
I don't think I've ever seen one improvement.

Until today!!!!

I got one big surprise-a claimer went to solid!!!! Isn't that just the most wonderful thing?????
What is the point, I'm beginning to wonder.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Pleased to have 2 new freaks in my barn: Two Weeks, who was allowance last year and stakes for the first half of this year, and My Girl Lily, who unfortunately for me belongs to Em after next year.
Brian Leavitt wrote: 4 years ago Yeah, I definitely think that the changes 8.0 brought made gallop improvements more likely. I had a bunch, and I usually have absolutely zero.
Same here, but i wonder if it's not that improvements are any more likely, but rather that the gallop comment is less "misleading" than it used to be, to quote the FAQ forum.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Tim Matthews wrote: 4 years ago Same here, but i wonder if it's not that improvements are any more likely, but rather that the gallop comment is less "misleading" than it used to be, to quote the FAQ forum.
That's the idea. We didn't change the percentage of horses that improve, but we changed how you see it, because so many people claimed they never had improvers which wasn't what was happening.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Tim Matthews wrote: 4 years ago Same here, but i wonder if it's not that improvements are any more likely, but rather that the gallop comment is less "misleading" than it used to be, to quote the FAQ forum.
That's the idea. We didn't change the percentage of horses that improve, but we changed how you see it, because so many people claimed they never had improvers which wasn't what was happening.
Ah, so that's what it is! Very cool :)
I have a stable full of cats