Improvents W9D1 are here one day early?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Improvents W9D1 are here one day early?

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago
Glenn Larson wrote: 4 years ago The peak comment is interesting. It definitely does not guarantee that the horse won't show a better gallop. I have a 4yo TM who had an allowance-peak comment w8-d3 and stakes-peak w8-d7
I had a similar thing to this example. Different gallops, Same secondary readout on Peak.

Moral of the story seems to be, gallop them as they age, they’re not all the same :)
And no gelding done? Hm, that is interesting then. I still consider my "peaks" as very unlikely to improve and a good time to geld.

I wonder if all 3yo that are still late bloomers will bloom out at y54w16D6 or if they will bloom before the stewards cup :)
I have not seen any 4 yo that is not at its peak..
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Glenn Larson wrote: 4 years ago The peak comment is interesting. It definitely does not guarantee that the horse won't show a better gallop. I have a 4yo TM who had an allowance-peak comment w8-d3 and stakes-peak w8-d7
I think I remember the steward saying that there are two ways for a horse to improve (although I have no recollection when she may have said this so I could be completely off base). 1) A programmed improvement and 2) a random improvement. My guess is that the gallop comments refer to the programmed improvements that are bound to happen at a specific time that is already known by the game; however, random improvements may still occur in any horses, even those that are already peak.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 4 years ago
I had a similar thing to this example. Different gallops, Same secondary readout on Peak.

Moral of the story seems to be, gallop them as they age, they’re not all the same :)
And no gelding done? Hm, that is interesting then. I still consider my "peaks" as very unlikely to improve and a good time to geld.

I wonder if all 3yo that are still late bloomers will bloom out at y54w16D6 or if they will bloom before the stewards cup :)
Well, that particular example was a Filly. I guess I had not thought about whether or not any gelding actions would impact it, I'm not sure.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 4 years ago
I think I remember the steward saying that there are two ways for a horse to improve (although I have no recollection when she may have said this so I could be completely off base). 1) A programmed improvement and 2) a random improvement. My guess is that the gallop comments refer to the programmed improvements that are bound to happen at a specific time that is already known by the game; however, random improvements may still occur in any horses, even those that are already peak.
Correct. And the programmed ones are Break/W1, second start, and Week 8/9.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Brandon Schultz wrote: 4 years ago
Correct. And the programmed ones are Break/W1, second start, and Week 8/9.
Gasp! Second start eh 👀
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

2 races and then toss em!!!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 4 years ago

I defintely have 4yo that still show late bloomer....
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I have finally gotten the chance to look through my horses.

For the last few sim years I've been putting underperforming/poor galloping fillies and mares into a separate barn and seeing if they improve. As compared to my prior act of running them in claimers and often losing them to said claims. While I haven't been keeping records up until this point only 1 mare actually improved in gallop comments. Others that seemed not to be running up to their comment did show improvement when I started racing them again after a bit of a break, even without a comment change.

This year of the 18 2yo and 3yo fillies in that barn 5 showed an improvement. The dramatic uptick makes me thinking something has to have changed. Looking at those 5 horses 2 went from progress throughout to peak (those were both solid to productive improvements) and 3 went from late bloomer to peak (those were all productive to allowance improvements). I had 2 additional horses go from progress throughout to peak without showing a gallop comment improvement. 6 horses were progress throughout bot at the beginning of year and now and 5 were late bloomer then and now. None of my yearlings improved though I only galloped the group with equipment set already. I didn't go through them all to see if their improvement comments changed.

Not sure what any of that means but thats my data.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Mike Springer
Classic Contender

Post by Mike Springer »

I re galloped 92 horses and had 19 changes. 3 new stakes and 8 or 9 new allowance gallopers. I usually notice a handful of changes every year, but 19 seems a bit higher than normal for me.

Most of the time once they improve they get the peak comment with the gallop. I have a 3 year old that went from claimer to stakes and is still a late bloomer. Hoping the late bloomer part means he will eventually run like a freak.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Mike Springer wrote: 4 years ago Most of the time once they improve they get the peak comment with the gallop. I have a 3 year old that went from claimer to stakes and is still a late bloomer. Hoping the late bloomer part means he will eventually run like a freak.
Ooooooo! That is exciting!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I got a really nice improvement in my yearlings. I had an allowance go up to stakes and did not lose the late bloomer comment :D

I had a great feeling about this foal when I bred her dam.

Aero Thru My Heart - Outlander x Turn to You(formidable and hypoed a B+)
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Marley Oaken
Sprinter

Post by Marley Oaken »

I only galloped my yearlings and the two year olds who weren't entered. Only two improvers, one from solid to productive (late bloomer to peak) and the other from claimer to solid (progress to peak). I wasn't expecting much anyways considering my luck, but at least with the yearlings I got a lot of equipment pieces out of the deal so * shrug *

edit to add that I did gallop a racing five year old who seemed to be on the improve and he went from allowance to stakes so that's exciting!
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Dont know for sure but I think this one improved :)

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1124241

Really lucky to avoid being gelded, normally geld all my allowances, even the well bred ones, if they dont improve after the 1st race. I guess Tarkax could technically have improved in his second start instead of after the halfway point of the year too. He's named after a character from Mark Lawrence's Book of the Ancestor, for those that like fantasy, I couldnt recommend that series more.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

I only regallopes a few and two of them changed. To be honest those two are the first that I ever remember the gallop changing. A happy surprise
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

This one (https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1067241) went up to 'Stakes-At Peak' from 'Allowance'. Good thing too since the dam is a blue hen who cost a pretty penny and thus far only her 2yo had come up as 'Stakes'