Saudi Cup/Pegasus

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Saudi Cup/Pegasus

Post by The Steward »

Due to popular request, the Saudi Cup races will be run Week 4.

This makes an early season triple as Week 2 is Pegasus, Week 4 Saudi Arabia, and Week 6 is Dubai. If you do all three, you can pretty much guarantee your horse will want a vacation, but the money makes it too good to pass up.

The Pegasus nominations will become a LOT cheaper now, $100k per nomination to $20k (we didn't change any of the purses), and there will be nominations for the Saudi Cup at $20k. The races are as follows:

1 1/4 miles 4+ Arabians, Arabian Classic $1.5 mil
1 1/8 miles 4+ F/M Saudi Distaff $1 mil
2 miles turf 4+ Saudi Turf Marathon $1.5 mil
5f dirt 4+ Saudi Sprint $1.5 mil
1 1/4 miles T 4+ Saudi Turf Cup $800k
1 mile 4+ Saudi Dirt Mile $800k
5f turf 4+ Saudi Turf Sprint $1 mil
1 mile turf 4+ Saudi Turf Mile $800k
1 1/8 miles 4+ Saudi Cup $5 mil

Because of this change, the Arcadia Million retains its name but purse becomes $500k (sadly mimicking real life!), and the Inglewood Gold Cup also becomes $500k.

**Note: This is not a political statement about how the SIM feels about the area or the races themselves. We're just trying to mimic real life as much as possible**
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Saudi Cup/Pegasus

Post by Rochelle Bos »

😈 excellent
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Sounds great! Now I just need a good horse...
yeah
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Will these be a three horse per trainer event like the Steward's Cup and Dubai races?
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Interesting. Soundness is really going to be a factor, especially going 16-2-4-6 in big G1s. I like it!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

I hate, hate, HATE that people are (or might be) so sensitive that she had to add that final disclaimer.

It’s a horse racing simulation, not a referendum on human rights violations. It’s meant to mimic the racing world and this is great for that.

Please, SIM Management, don’t ever feel the need to apologize preemptively for something like this ever again. And kudos for this Week 4 addition.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago Interesting. Soundness is really going to be a factor, especially going 16-2-4-6 in big G1s. I like it!
That's for sure! You almost definitely need a very sound with a companion animal. Should be interesting to say the least
yeah
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago I hate, hate, HATE that people are (or might be) so sensitive that she had to add that final disclaimer.

It’s a horse racing simulation, not a referendum on human rights violations. It’s meant to mimic the racing world and this is great for that.

Please, SIM Management, don’t ever feel the need to apologize preemptively for something like this ever again. And kudos for this Week 4 addition.
It's not that deep. It wasn't an apology, just a harmless disclaimer. Nothing to be mad at here!
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Tim Matthews wrote: 4 years ago
It's not that deep. It wasn't an apology, just a harmless disclaimer. Nothing to be mad at here!
That’s what she said?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

:lol:
yeah
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago
That’s what she said?
Not that you'd know of, eh Pete? lol
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago

That’s what she said?

Not that you'd know of, eh Pete? lol
:lol:
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago Due to popular request, the Saudi Cup races will be run Week 4.

This makes an early season triple as Week 2 is Pegasus, Week 4 Saudi Arabia, and Week 6 is Dubai. If you do all three, you can pretty much guarantee your horse will want a vacation, but the money makes it too good to pass up.

The Pegasus nominations will become a LOT cheaper now, $100k per nomination to $20k (we didn't change any of the purses), and there will be nominations for the Saudi Cup at $20k. The races are as follows:

1 1/4 miles 4+ Arabians, Arabian Classic $1.5 mil
1 1/8 miles 4+ F/M Saudi Distaff $1 mil
2 miles turf 4+ Saudi Turf Marathon $1.5 mil
5f dirt 4+ Saudi Sprint $1.5 mil
1 1/4 miles T 4+ Saudi Turf Cup $800k
1 mile 4+ Saudi Dirt Mile $800k
5f turf 4+ Saudi Turf Sprint $1 mil
1 mile turf 4+ Saudi Turf Mile $800k
1 1/8 miles 4+ Saudi Cup $5 mil

Because of this change, the Arcadia Million retains its name but purse becomes $500k (sadly mimicking real life!), and the Inglewood Gold Cup also becomes $500k.

**Note: This is not a political statement about how the SIM feels about the area or the races themselves. We're just trying to mimic real life as much as possible**

When are the nominations for the Saudi Races I don't see it on the calendar.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Will these be a three horse per trainer event like the Steward's Cup and Dubai races?
Yes
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago I hate, hate, HATE that people are (or might be) so sensitive that she had to add that final disclaimer.

I know this is an extremely hot topic amongst my friends, and my personal feelings aside have nothing to do with adding it to the SIM in fantasy land where we all just like getting money. I guarantee I'll be calling these races, too!!