When People Leave the SIM

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

When People Leave the SIM

Post by Dan Gordon »

I know that RL gets in the way for all of us but I hate to see people leave the SIM. It seems to be very abrupt when it happens though. All of a sudden, you see a "Barn Dispersal" and it's like the person is erased. I feel like there should be at least some dialogue. Like what? I don't know. In the old days, somebody might say they are thinking of leaving and then we would rally around them. Or they would say what their RL issue is. I haven't been social in years on the SIM due to RL but I certainly wish that I had the time and I do peruse the Forum comments. Am I alone on this one in wishing there was more dialogue on this one? Maybe it was covered elsewhere and I missed it?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: When People Leave the SIM

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Double post :(
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I would think that should be up to the person leaving the game to put something here or not.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The dispersals automatically happen when the person hasn’t logged in for 45 days(???) vs them going to AJ. So it would be up to the player to say goodbye before they poof.

I do have to agree though, when I see dispersal auctions I always wonder what happened to them and hope they are okay 😔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

I could be way wrong but I feel like the same number of people join and leave after two months as always, its just way more visible now because of the automatic auctions.

But I like the sentiment Dan.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

They get a warning from us at 21 days, then 45 days, then on day 52 I think it is they disperse. Maybe we should give them more time.... but what is the best timeline?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago They get a warning from us at 21 days, then 45 days, then on day 52 I think it is they disperse. Maybe we should give them more time.... but what is the best timeline?
Maybe a full SIM year? 112 days?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Tony Baker
Sprinter

Post by Tony Baker »

I'm fortunate enough to be running quite a few stakes horses on lease at the moment. What would happen to those if someone else was running them and didn't log in for 112 days....not trying to be negative about it but just thinking about how it would affect the original owner of the horse. Maybe if a horse on lease was not entered for a certain period say 5 weeks then it was automatically returned to the lessor ?

Apologies for the slight tangent...
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Tony Baker wrote: 4 years ago I'm fortunate enough to be running quite a few stakes horses on lease at the moment. What would happen to those if someone else was running them and didn't log in for 112 days....not trying to be negative about it but just thinking about how it would affect the original owner of the horse. Maybe if a horse on lease was not entered for a certain period say 5 weeks then it was automatically returned to the lessor ?

The way it works, if a person hasn't logged in for a long time, and if the system decides the player has abandoned the SIM, and if they have any leased horses, the horses are returned to the original owner before any other distributions happen.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Tony Baker wrote: 4 years ago I'm fortunate enough to be running quite a few stakes horses on lease at the moment. What would happen to those if someone else was running them and didn't log in for 112 days....not trying to be negative about it but just thinking about how it would affect the original owner of the horse. Maybe if a horse on lease was not entered for a certain period say 5 weeks then it was automatically returned to the lessor ?

This did come up previously in one small thing where an owner was frustrated that horses they had leased out were not being raced as the leasee had gone MIA. I personally don't lease out race horses but I certainly could see the argument for some form of recall mechanism in this case without having to wait 10 weeks (or if we change it a full year) for those horses to be returned predispersal.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago

This did come up previously in one small thing where an owner was frustrated that horses they had leased out were not being raced as the leasee had gone MIA. I personally don't lease out race horses but I certainly could see the argument for some form of recall mechanism in this case without having to wait 10 weeks (or if we change it a full year) for those horses to be returned predispersal.
I had a decent horse leased out once and the owner went MIA. I just messaged Em and the horse was returned no problem.
yeah