I’m curious...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

I’m curious...

Post by Nick Gilmore »

about our shiny new additions to the gallop comments.
I had this:Y54-W7-D7 Trainer: 'Shy Spirit' is a stakes quality horse. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully.
Then her next gallop:Y54-W12-D2 Trainer: Oh, my! 'Shy Spirit' is a freak! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!
Of course I’m thrilled with the jump, but her status as a late bloomer has changed to a peak. Has anyone else noticed this change happening without a gallop change?

(Note, the filly is Kingslayer’s little sis, so it makes me smile!)
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: I’m curious...

Post by Regina Moore »

I've had quite a few horses change to "peak" at mid year, with or without a gallop change. (Though it feels like there's more gallop changes than normal.) Of course, this is just 2yos and 3yos, since all my 4yo+ started out the year already at "peak".
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I like Regina had a number of horses change from nonpeak to peak some with accompanying gallop improvements some without. Also saw considerably more gallop comment improvements than I normally see.

There was a thread discussing the changes back around week 9: https://www.simhorseracing.com/simforum ... =2&t=47624
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

As above, I had more horses improve and almost universally they are now "Peak"
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Since I breed a lot of horses, I had a lot of changes. Of those I think one horse still says late bloomer after it improved. The other 99.9% say they are at their peak.
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

It's interesting that she's jumped straight from late bloomer to peak, skipping the intermediate "close to peak, race her soon" or whatever it is (I just have them as Peak, Close, and Late in my spreadsheets).

I'm not sure what you wanted to see her gallop change to once she hit her peak, Nick. Superfreak?
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I think at peak race her soon is not intermediate, I think that comment means this horse will not be better than it is now and will only decline, the intermediate is peak can’t predict future because the horse still has a chance to improve
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Art Kage wrote: 4 years ago I think at peak race her soon is not intermediate, I think that comment means this horse will not be better than it is now and will only decline, the intermediate is peak can’t predict future because the horse still has a chance to improve
"This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully." (What I call "Late)
vs
"This horse should progress throughout their career, but don’t wait too long to get them to the races!" ("Close")
vs
"This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!" ("Peak")

The horse in the OP went straight from Late to Peak in less than five weeks; I assumed Close was an intermediate step (eg. if a horse goes from Late to Close you know they'll go to Peak in the next 16 weeks, at one of the next two gallop updates). It could be that the maturity comments are related to how close, on a percentage basis, the horse is to its peak. So a horse could mature rapidly and go from, say, 70% (which would appear as Late) to 90% (Peak) in such a short space of time that you can miss the window where it's at 80% (Close). Or not even have such a window at all; Week 1 it was Late, it matured so fast that in Week 9 it jumped to Peak.

I may have it wrong, and it could be that what I call "Close" is actually a post-peak "Don't wait too long: it's all downhill from here". But that doesn't fit with the first part of that comment being "This horse should progress..."
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Michael Looker wrote: 4 years ago I'm not sure what you wanted to see her gallop change to once she hit her peak, Nick. Superfreak?
Lol, it’s not the gallop comment itself, but I’m more interested in the secondary remarks. I guess I’m not paying careful attention to them as I did not realized they would fluctuate as much as they obviously are. While I do make notes on their page, I don’t use spreadsheets.

Thanks to all who answered.