Chimborazo

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Chimborazo

Post by Art K Stables »

Congrats to riven gold and Micheal on the chimbo, seems like Dirk and Riven are the same horse, nosing each other out, congrats to Tamara on picking the top 4 in order based on speed figures, but even happier she was wrong on the 5th place finisher :)
Last edited by Art K Stables 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Chimborazo

Post by Tom Lin »

Congratulations to Michael and Riven Gold on their big win!
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Thanks guys. I got some private congrats from Pete too, and I told him I was disappointed to see my boy draw the ace like he did last start when he missed Dirk by a nose. I thought the same may happen again, and even watching the replay I was sure it had until the placings came up.

It's cool to win such a big race, though it's a bit awkward winning with a homebred in a division I've never been all that involved with. I bought his dam from a dispersal auction as an unraced horse at the end of her 2yo season, won the first two legs of the Islands Triple with her at 3, then won a Grade 1 at 4. I've since bred from her and no more than three or four other turf sprinting mares per year for about a SIM-decade. So I haven't really put in the hard yards to deserve turf sprint glory, but I'll take it.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Huge congrats to you, Michael! I've really enjoyed following this colt's career. He must have been an improver, judging by the 36.15 yearling work...

This was a really cool renewal of this race. The 3YOs have been incredibly interesting to watch this year, and it's pretty telling that the sophomores filled out the trip here while there are least two or three other freaks running around out there- here's hoping they all meet up in the SC.
Also enjoyed Tamara's analysis. Good job!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I really wanted to call this race and was playing it by ear to see if I could make a broadcast happen.... but I've been too ill. Congrats Michael!!! I'll call him in the SC :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years agoHe must have been an improver, judging by the 36.15 yearling work...
The yearling work was with one piece, and he's galloped Stakes from the getgo (including his last gallop in Week 11 last year). That said he must be a pretty high stakes (if it wasn't obvious based on his performances), as when I asked Em for an equipment check on him during one of those times when she offers such things her comment was "Nice Baby!".

He's one of many victims of my waning interest in the SIM over the past five or six seasons. I asked for his equipment, gave him a second work so he could race at 2, then forgot all about him until I could rush some races into him at the end of the year. His 2yo half-sister's worse; I gave her two works in Week 1 this year after forgetting to work her as a yearling, and have since forgotten about her and let her get completely unfit again. She's a stakes galloper too.
The Steward wrote: 4 years agoI'll call him in the SC :-)
So, I should run him in the SC then? He didn't get anywhere near Dirk at 1100m last year, so I didn't think 1000m this year would suit him any better. I was going to put him aside and go 2-4-6 Pegasus-Saudi Cup-Dubai instead. I have a bunch of SC trophies, but I don't know when I'll ever get a next chance for a Pegasus or Dubai one.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I would be super sad if he didn't go in the SC. Not sure if the ability number at 5 and 5.5f is the same - can't recall exactly what I heard a long time ago - but even if he's infitesimally less good at 5 than he is at 6f, he's still one of the top ones out there and it's worth a shot. I love the Peg-Saudi-Desert thing but would hate to see it end up diluting the SC in the long run...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Congrats Michael! Well done!