Just a Quick word

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Just a Quick word

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

I know this may not be the right forum thread or index thingy for this post, but I know a lot of SIMsters check here often.

I just wanted to take a quick sec and send all the best wishes, thoughts and prayers to all of you fellow Sim friends living down under in Australia.
Seeing the heart rending images and videos coming out of that country as a result of the historically horrific wildfires is incredibly sad. The tragic loss of life, immense property loss and wildlife that is being destroyed is truly catastrophic and sad in ways words cannot define.

Stay safe and stay strong Aussie SIMsters...you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Just a Quick word

Post by Darcy McBride »

Amen, Phil. The scenes are just unbelievable. I hope they can be brought under control soon. I think about our Aussie SIMsters every day.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Unfortunately it’s not just the fires crippling us right now. Most of the country is drought declared. There are towns totally out of water and using truck fleets to bring it in. Many places have had less than a tenth of their annual rainfall for the past two years. Buying feed and hay for animals is getting impossible even if you can afford it. Millions of acres of fertile land just aren’t getting planted because there’s no point. And the one area in northern Queensland that did get rain got ridiculous flooding rain and they estimate over a half a million cattle were killed. And that’s just the cattle.

Basically it kinda sucks to live in Australia right now unless you’re living in a populated coastal area and aren’t currently on fire. So that’s probably only like 5 million of us lol
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I’m sending prayers for all of you down under, my heart goes out to man and beast alike.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

My heart goes out to all dealing with this devastation in Australia - the pictures and information I've seen is just heartbreaking.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago I’m sending prayers for all of you down under, my heart goes out to man and beast alike.
Same here.
I look forward to the day when I turn on the news and hear that the fires(s) are X% contained and/or....parts of Australia got some much needed rain today...
Fingers crossed

To Cleo's point about flooding being as bad as a drought: it's my understanding that extremely dry ground is too hard to absorb so much water at once--it's better to get a fine drizzly rain over the course of several hours. I remember the local weather people mentioning that when we had droughts around here(DC and surrounding area) in the late 90s/early 00s.

Take care and be careful.
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

i live on the coast and not affected but my heart goes out to all that are involved in the fires that are ripping through our country and the wildlife it has taken in its destructive path.
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

It’s absolutely awful to see Australia going through this horror. My heart breaks for all of you down under, I wish there was a way to help other than donations, thoughts and prayers.

I would recommend watching the video on the fires by OzzyManReviews on YouTube. For me, he really put into perspective how harrowing this experience has been, and continues to be, for people and wildlife in Australia more than any news article or segment could do.