Sim Committee

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Sim Committee

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I’m always at work trying not to work and instead just trying to sim. My current thoughts for 01/07/20:

I have always thought how cool it would be to have a sim committee hand picked by the players and steward combined to go over potential changes/fixes before they are implemented. They would go over the pros/cons of issues, have discussions on them and come up with new ideas to provide to the steward for potential future fixes/changes.

Obviously the committee would have to be a mix of both old and new, would have to include players from different genres of the game (mixers, stb, aw, tb) ect.

It can be voted on every season during break for the upcoming season similar to the Simmy voting.

Ok back to work for me
😂
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Sim Committee

Post by Danny Derby »

Love this idea, except don't call it a committee and don't have people voted on. Just call it beta testers and let the Steward/Admin pick out people who they want to help beta test - of course people could always volunteer if asked. Like any normal game.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Yea, I agree with Danny. If they wanted beta testers, they would have to have people submit applications explaining why they feel qualified for the job. It could look really sketchy and probably drama-filled if people voted on who got to participate.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Might possibly be a misunderstanding of my thoughts.

A committee would discuss the topics for potential changes and then report to the steward who would make the FINAL decision.

It would be a mix of players from different breeds player types.

It’s like a big brainstorm. Nothing sketchy about it.
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

i don't like it, nothing wrong with the way it is, just gives some players even more control over how the game plays if they voted in.
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Te Akau Downs wrote: 4 years ago i don't like it, nothing wrong with the way it is, just gives some players even more control over how the game plays if they voted in.
I mean remove voting let the steward choose, doesn’t matter. But yes there is something wrong with the way it is.

Now changes are made, but not 100% thought through on the player level. It’s hard for the steward to think how we the player thinks.

Many of these changes are revamped multiple times based on complaints or just things not thought out.

The purpose would be to think those things out to prevent changes being put into the live game and having to consistently fix on the fly.

Anyway, not all ideas are good so if my idea sucks so be it.
Just trying to help.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I think you would really need to get the right group of people involved. It can't be a group of "yes men/women" that will just go along with whatever The Steward wants, and it can't be a bunch of people that are resistant to every change that is offered. I think you need a balance of players that want to see new things added and people that want things to stay the same as the old days. People that want to everything equal across the board and a stewardbred for everyone, and people that want to struggle to get to that level. There are some people that understand the game and the spirit of the game and the good and bad of each change. They just have a way of seeing the positive and negative for these things and weighing them objectively. Those are the people that I would want to help guide the future of the game.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Love this idea, except don't call it a committee and don't have people voted on. Just call it beta testers and let the Steward/Admin pick out people who they want to help beta test - of course people could always volunteer if asked. Like any normal game.
SIM is going Beta after 54 seasons?? This game is even slower than I thought :)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Does this need a special committee? I think the same could be accomplished with a simple forum post (like we recently saw with partnerships) without all the drama of who gets to be on the committee.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Players Advisory Council. Just let people apply, let SIM Staff pick. No voting and no every season turnover.

Appoint players for a 3 SIM season term, then after a term you have to be off the “board” for 2 seasons minimum.

It’s a highly accountable model —— SIM looks out for the players, players have a hand in active innovation for the SIM, but no one player or type of player gets any sort of permanent or disproportionate say.

If it’s every year voted you’ll have a whole separate problem with disproportionate representation. The accountable board/council model keeps the group active and dynamic for a long time.

I’m not interested in seeing the SIM through say Year 65 or 70. I’m interested in Seeing SIM 100 be as cool as SIM 50 was.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

I would just like to live to see SIM100
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Oh, I would add, people can only apply if they’ve had written recommendation to the Steward from one other SIMster. She then can pick from whoever has been recommended.

Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

It’s not really being accomplished in forum threads/posts as most turn into an argument of some sort.

And nothing gets accomplished except a 50 page post of nonsense.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago It’s not really being accomplished in forum threads/posts as most turn into an argument of some sort.

And nothing gets accomplished except a 50 page post of nonsense.
Right. Forum threads aren’t effective governance.

Read the other post by The Steward —— if real life is a big obstacle, a Players Advisory Council would probably be a damn lifesaver because she wouldn’t have to micromanage, she would have help in policy direction and implementation, and frankly you could even say “The Players Advisory Council Spokesperson = Player X. If you have a gameplay concern, take it to that person and don’t bother The Steward. The PAC advises on the direction of the game and protects the Steward in her role”. Let that group appoint their own spokesperson, and that’s who gets to field all the day to day griping.

The image you want to picture here is a big, tall palm tree where the SIM Players ask the Steward, in her role, to climb the tree and look out to the SIM Horizon for us. What’s the vision for the future? How do we get there? Then, a PAC would step in to both A) Make sure she stays up in that tree and looks ahead to the big picture, but also B) FIERCELY protects her ability to do so by keeping the day to day garbage mostly off of her plate. Let her cast vision for the future, and breed TBS horses when she wants to.

Can’t argue with logic guys.

Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

In theory I think it’s a fantastic idea but in practice I’m not so sure because the last thing the SIM needs is (more) politics and that’s sure to come along with this, no matter how it’s done.
yeah