Sim Committee

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Sim Committee

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago Does this need a special committee? I think the same could be accomplished with a simple forum post (like we recently saw with partnerships) without all the drama of who gets to be on the committee.
Anyone worried about the “drama of who gets to be on the committee” either wouldn’t do well on it themselves, or doesn’t understand the concept of governance as opposed to management.

If the Players had to be recommended by another player, and then basically ratified by the Steward in order to serve, why would you not be OK with their fitness to govern?

It’s different than “who are my best buddies” or “do I want to be on this council/committee”.

There are several players who I don’t often agree with in the SIM, who provided that they met those above qualifications I still think would do fine @ governance.

The issue isn’t “do I like them”, it’s “would they govern fairly and advise Em objectively”.

And frankly there are only a few players in the SIM, a very very few, who I don’t think would be capable of that.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum