Solutions Looking For A Problem

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Solutions Looking For A Problem

Post by Danny Derby »

If you have any, please post here!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Solutions Looking For A Problem

Post by Dylan Christensen »

:lol: I've been tempted to make a similar post for a while now
yeah
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I have a problem. Nobody has ever given me a horse bred by Danny Derby named Thanos. I would appreciate you helping me solve this problem!!!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Garret Folsom wrote: 4 years ago I have a problem. Nobody has ever given me a horse bred by Danny Derby named Thanos. I would appreciate you helping me solve this problem!!!
I'm sorry, you have it backwards. We're not looking for problems here, just solutions for what may or may not be problems.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
Garret Folsom wrote: 4 years ago I have a problem. Nobody has ever given me a horse bred by Danny Derby named Thanos. I would appreciate you helping me solve this problem!!!
I'm sorry, you have it backwards. We're not looking for problems here, just solutions for what may or may not be problems.
So the problem is that he doesn't have Thanos. The solution is give him Thanos.

I endorse this fix.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Solution: Because that's where the nail is!

Problem: Why is the mirror hanging next to the ceiling?
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

Solution: Someone Give me a horse that has won the Derby

Problem: I have never won the derby
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

What if once a season, the brilliant TR mare Shahir’ra is revived, and there’s a lottery ticket that allows one player to breed a foal from her (also would be handy if Sidney was around for that one breeding)? You know, just a fair chance for everyone *ehm*me*ehm* to get a Shahir’ra foal.

Think this is a pretty good solution to the obvious problem of...eh...lack of Shahir’ra foals??
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Once there was a senior space scientist who was working with his astronomy team on their countdown to moon.

Since last night, they were completely baffled with a question on how to use their pens in space while their astronauts would be under zero gravity conditions. The pens would leak and stain their closets or pouches.

One of them suggested ‘Let’s make a small room with artificial gravity for making our astronauts jot down their findings or any random notes!’

The senior said, ‘That would gouge upon our space program budget. Plus, we have to make lot of amendments on the fuel etc stuff because this will lead to an additional weight on the air shuttle. What about peri-shuttle areas where you need to make notes for any minor problems & communication?”

Another one joked, “A room? You must be really short of ideas hunh! Why not to use a spring-loaded injector with a timed compressor to keep the ink under pressure; a one-way valve to prevent back-flow and a rubber stopper to prevent the leak!”

The senior replied, “What do you think about getting splashed all over every time you lift the stopper? Well, the time is short and the launch is scheduled after 3 days. Don’t dare put your cart before the horse! Pull your socks up on this issue, look out for feasible solution until tomorrow morning! Let us call it a day.”

That day the senior scientist was highly perplexed with this situation which they had not paid much heed to until these final days of launch rundown. He went home in dismay.

At the dinner table, he told his wife about this problem which had suddenly propped up in the minds of his fellow team members about failure of use of pen in zero gravity situations. She asked if typing would solve it to which he said that sometimes scribbling is quicker than anything else, especially when they need to talk among themselves. The computers etc would only have a limited area of activity. If they have to come out for any corrections outside the shuttle, communication would be only possible in writing. But then putting computers everywhere, would cost the program heavily!

His 6 year old son who was listening to the conversation said, “Why elder people do not like pencils?”

The smile on the seniors face was gleaming and he just replied,

“Because we think we can’t make mistakes!”

Complicated problem very simple solution!!
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Solution: Give me secret access to information I need to know BEFOREHAND how good a foal will be prior to breeding...and access to any mare and stud in the game for this purpose.

Problem: I suck at breeding.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago What if once a season, the brilliant TR mare Shahir’ra is revived, and there’s a lottery ticket that allows one player to breed a foal from her (also would be handy if Sidney was around for that one breeding)? You know, just a fair chance for everyone *ehm*me*ehm* to get a Shahir’ra foal.

Think this is a pretty good solution to the obvious problem of...eh...lack of Shahir’ra foals??
I concur that Shahrir'ra not being around is a HUGE problem. I like your solution.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Dan Gordon »

Solutions: All Stewards' Cup, Pegasus and Triple Crown races should be held on a fast track

Problem: You have a stud whose comment is "I wouldn't get this horse's feet dirty". You've been campaigning all year pointing to a race. But it comes up Muddy. This just happened to me with Storm of My Heart which would have been my first Classic win since Heart of the Storm. Yes, I know we are trying to simulate real life. Yes, I know I can just run a different race. But I decided I'm going to whine so here it is.............
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Kingslayer has the very same comment and won the Long Island Classic on a sloppy track...give it a shot, you never know. Lol
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Dan Gordon wrote: 4 years ago Solutions: All Stewards' Cup, Pegasus and Triple Crown races should be held on a fast track

Problem: You have a stud whose comment is "I wouldn't get this horse's feet dirty". You've been campaigning all year pointing to a race. But it comes up Muddy. This just happened to me with Storm of My Heart which would have been my first Classic win since Heart of the Storm. Yes, I know we are trying to simulate real life. Yes, I know I can just run a different race. But I decided I'm going to whine so here it is.............
Other solution. Only have mixers. The Steward's Cup is held in the desert each year so almost never wet. Though that brings up the new problem of what do you do when you have a loves mud mixer.

But like Nick said you can always give it a shot. I had a "boat gliding over water" mixer that won 2 Steward's Cup on that dry desert track.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Dan Gordon wrote: 4 years ago Solutions: All Stewards' Cup, Pegasus and Triple Crown races should be held on a fast track

Once again... I recall hearing that weather preference has the same amount of effect on race results as jockey quality, i.e. very small (equivalent to winning or losing a photo finish.) If you want to run in a big race, run in a big race! Why let the weather ruin it for you?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.