Queens of Racing Article Series Nominees

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Re: Queens of Racing Article Series Nominees

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago Next year, I hope you can add Titanic to your list. I hear she is pretty cool ;)
She is very cool ;) :D I should have been more clear in my criteria that it doesn't matter if the filly/mare is in the Hall of Fame yet. That is just one of the criteria... the filly/mare just needs to fit one of the four... does that make sense? My apologizes for not being more specific in my directions :oops:
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago Maryland Million
Shahir’ra
Wonder
Thank you for the suggestions Nick! They all look wonderful! :D
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago Whitney-Won the Long Island Classic and Desert World Cup against the boys along with heaps more Grade 1’s, is a Hall of Famer and was a very influential broodmare (especially through her daughter Corona who produced Wish Upon a Star).
Amber-Raced same time as Whitney and beat her a couple of times, won the SC Classic and was 2nd to Maelstrom the year prior, multiple Grade 1 wins against the boys and is a hall of famer, incredibly influential broodmare produced a triple crown winner and 2 Long Island Classic winners.
Olive Branch-Won the SC Turf beating the boys as well as the London Derby, should be a hall of famer (is on the ballot this year) and was a very influential broodmare too.

Other Triple Crown race winning fillies that haven’t been mentioned yet:
Derby-
Soldier Girl
Piece of the Moon
High Flyer

Baltimore Crown-
Excellent Meeting
Forever Risk

Long Island Classic-
Foreigner

Other Desert World Cup winners:
Three Day Event
Bishoujo Senshi

Arc winning fillies:
Banner (also hall of famer, breed shaping broodmare)
Others have already been mentioned in this thread

There’s lots of other races in the SIM museum to look at that have female winners too like the Midsummer Classic, Melbourne Trophy, Pegasus etc.
Thank you so much Carole! You've given me so many ideas!! :D
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Garret Folsom wrote: 4 years ago Not sure if you're just looking for thoroughbreds, but my Quarter Horse, Bright Moon Dust raced against the boys 3 times in her career and beat them all 3 times. She won the Million Dollar Maturity twice, she has the 2nd highest earnings for any Quarter Horse Router (male or female) all-time, falling just short of Night Scene. She has 6 G1's, including 3 Steward's Cups.
Nope, I'm open to mixers too! Thank you for suggesting Bright Moon Dust, she's perfect for my series! :D
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago While she’s a very nice mare Garret, I think she has to have been retired 10 years to be eligible. Paramour and Owl are in the same boat...good company to keep for sure!

From the rules...
https://www.simhorseracing.com/simforum ... 20&t=26617

My apologizes for not being more clear in my original post, but I meant that the filly/mare could fit just one or more than one of the criteria I listed. Hope I cleared things up!
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago While she’s a very nice mare Garret, I think she has to have been retired 10 years to be eligible. Paramour and Owl are in the same boat...good company to keep for sure!

From the rules...
https://www.simhorseracing.com/simforum ... 20&t=26617
For Hazel’s articles she said the ladies can fit one or more of her criteria, so they don’t have to currently be in the HoF or HoF qualified ☺️
Hazel Anthony wrote: 4 years agoI am looking for a filly or mare that fits one or more of these criteria:

1. Has beaten males
2. Has won multiple graded stakes races (preferably Grade 1s) and has remained consistent throughout their career
3. Has some type of race or track record
4. Has been inducted into the Hall of Fame for a certain reason
Thank you for clarifying for me Rochelle :)
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Has anyone suggested Skyfall or Owl Let You Know yet? These mares are pretty obscure and I’m not sure if there’s been any articles about them before.
I should have listed the mares/fillies I've already written about... :oops: just did that now! I've already written about both of them, but they are definitely excellent suggestions! :D Thank you Danny!
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Hi, Hazel. I love to ready Queens of Racing articles. It's fun to relive their racing careers and how they are doing in the Broodmare barn. Keep up the good work!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Admittedly she's not as accomplished as some of the others but my filly Send Her Horses won 3 Grade 1s in a row against males her 3yo season (one even against older males)
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Hazel, I enjoy your articles. Thank you. jX

With apologies to Hazel and her forum thread: I started looking at my females in the cemetery and went down the SIMHorseracing vortex yet again.
Most of my old racers and mares do not qualify on all counts because I rarely raced against the boyz (sic) and beat them. There are some HOFers in the bunch that I enjoyed revisiting. These were so very fun back in the day: Awesome Dancer, Fading Star, Rambunctious Too, Gift of the Moon, Zaha, Attracting, Valentine Heart, Alliteration, Rowdy Behavior, Azelia Bay, Stand Up Speak Up, Tickle, Premier, Tachyons and of course, All In Fun. Thanks for reminding me about the reminiscent memory lane. I have indeed been most fortunate in the game but mostly I am happy that the game has grown and evolved to the ultra-competitive fun game that it is today.

Hazel, your articles and other articles have a major positive contribution to the game. jX
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Jon Xett wrote: 4 years ago Hazel, I enjoy your articles. Thank you. jX

With apologies to Hazel and her forum thread: I started looking at my females in the cemetery and went down the SIMHorseracing vortex yet again.
Most of my old racers and mares do not qualify on all counts because I rarely raced against the boyz (sic) and beat them. There are some HOFers in the bunch that I enjoyed revisiting. These were so very fun back in the day: Awesome Dancer, Fading Star, Rambunctious Too, Gift of the Moon, Zaha, Attracting, Valentine Heart, Alliteration, Rowdy Behavior, Azelia Bay, Stand Up Speak Up, Tickle, Premier, Tachyons and of course, All In Fun. Thanks for reminding me about the reminiscent memory lane. I have indeed been most fortunate in the game but mostly I am happy that the game has grown and evolved to the ultra-competitive fun game that it is today.

Hazel, your articles and other articles have a major positive contribution to the game. jX
Stand Up Speak Up was the coolest horse ever. Still the only female to win the SC Turf Sprint, and in doing so beat two of the all-time greats of the division... also a G1 winner at 1 1/16 miles... they don't make 'em like that anymore! ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Darcy McBride wrote: 4 years ago Hi, Hazel. I love to ready Queens of Racing articles. It's fun to relive their racing careers and how they are doing in the Broodmare barn. Keep up the good work!
Thank you Darcy! It means a lot! :D
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago Admittedly she's not as accomplished as some of the others but my filly Send Her Horses won 3 Grade 1s in a row against males her 3yo season (one even against older males)

She's beautiful Tammy, thank you for posting! :) I would love to write about her (once she's retired)! :D
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago

Stand Up Speak Up was the coolest horse ever. Still the only female to win the SC Turf Sprint, and in doing so beat two of the all-time greats of the division... also a G1 winner at 1 1/16 miles... they don't make 'em like that anymore! ;)
Thank you for pointing that out Laura! :) She looks absolutely fantastic- perfect for a Queen of Racing article ;)
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Thank you so much Jon, I'm glad you've been enjoying my articles! :)

Thank you for the list of mares! It will keep me busy for a while :lol: :lol: And they all look so wonderful!!
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS