DR Purse Cuts

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

DR Purse Cuts

Post by Danny Derby »

Found it weird that Australia is running multi million dollar TR races on the same day as the Arc and SC when so much else has been cut in the other marquee division, DR.

There's 9 $1M+ TR races for older horses vs. just 6 for DR. I'm not saying nerf the TR races, but how about reconsidering purse cuts on the Long Island Gold Cup and the Arcadia Million next year? No reason these shouldn't stay $1M events - they're big ones!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: DR Purse Cuts

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I think the changes were made because in real life, neither the Long Island Gold Cup nor the Arcadia Million have a $1m purse - one is $750k, the other $600k. In real life, the Cox Trophy is $3.5 million (US) compared to $2 million in the SIM, and the Melbourne Trophy is $5 million (US), compared to $3 million in the SIM.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Is the Dubai world cup not represented on the sim
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago I think the changes were made because in real life, neither the Long Island Gold Cup nor the Arcadia Million have a $1m purse - one is $750k, the other $600k. In real life, the Cox Trophy is $3.5 million (US) compared to $2 million in the SIM, and the Melbourne Trophy is $5 million (US), compared to $3 million in the SIM.
Somewhat fair, but I’m looking more at keeping a similar level of million dollar opportunities for the two marquee divisions in two historically significant races that have been $1M+, as opposed to trying to exactly mirror real life. If we were looking to really mirror real life a bit more, half of the derby preps would be $500,000 or greater, and Japan purses would increase tenfold.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Yes Frank, they’re called the Desert World Cup in the Sim, week 6 I think.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago I think the changes were made because in real life, neither the Long Island Gold Cup nor the Arcadia Million have a $1m purse - one is $750k, the other $600k. In real life, the Cox Trophy is $3.5 million (US) compared to $2 million in the SIM, and the Melbourne Trophy is $5 million (US), compared to $3 million in the SIM.
Somewhat fair, but I’m looking more at keeping a similar level of million dollar opportunities for the two marquee divisions in two historically significant races that have been $1M+, as opposed to trying to exactly mirror real life. If we were looking to really mirror real life a bit more, half of the derby preps would be $500,000 or greater, and Japan purses would increase tenfold.
I'm not arguing with you - I was trying to give some real life context, because that seems to be the driver for the purse changes. I think, given all of the other purse cuts in the SIM, you're more likely to see purses at or below their real life levels, not above. There will be more opportunities for turf routers simply because there's more countries/continents that have turf races. Obviously, the one you'll need to convince is the Steward. I'm not going to say no to the opportunity to run for more $$$. :D