Arima Kinen

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Arima Kinen

Post by The Steward »

If I were to go completely crazy (I mean, more than normal), the race I would like to add/make a big deal in the SIM is Japan's Arima Kinen. It is my favorite race of the year in real life. It is worth zillions of monies. The Japanese racing fans vote on who gets in and it's always the biggest stars of the year honored to show up and compete against each other (instead of ducking and hiding).

But the problem is that it is Christmas week IRL every year, and in the SIM this is break time. I've thought about putting it Week 16 and moving the Japan Trophy races to Week 14, but then you still don't get the best because the best would go to SC/Melbourne. I've thought about a very old discussion in having racing during the "break" for Week 17 instead of break.... for horses that aren't going to be retiring or need breeding. I've thought about just letting it go. I've thought about making it a summer race in the SIM. So many ideas!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Re: Arima Kinen

Post by Karl Smythe »

Move Japan Trophy as in real life
Add Arima Kinen ----- Big money with some great turf runners going long.
This race will become a classic in the SIM.
If you really want to make it great quickly......offer a 5 million dollar bonus to a horse that wins both Japan Races. Would be great!!!!
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Continuing my chat with myself/Karl..... I am looking at the stakes schedule for Japan. If you ignore the Hong Kong International series which takes place Week 15, it would be very easy to move the Japan Trophy to Week 13 or 14 and have the Armina Kinen week 16.... the turf one, of course, not the dirt one.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Just do it!!!!

Nike/Karl is telling you :)
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Is this a turf route? I think it would be fun to incorporate into the schedule.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

If you're going to add a multi-million dollar Turf Route in Japan, I'd want to see a similar Dirt Route race added to the circuit as well.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I would certainly be interested in more of the highest echelon turf routes; in hopes of having a worthy horse to compete. Yeah turf! (and Danny keep your "dirty" opinions to yourself! lol)
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I’d definitely consider a week 9 slot rather than 16. That way you’ll get the horses who’d otherwise be wrapped up in Australia, SC and the Arc and it doesn’t mess with Dubai or the Pegasus
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

DO IT! Also, it probably needs a fancy trophy :p
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Canadian triple needs a trophy, when the feat is actually completed.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Will it take away from the Stewards Cup Turf if its W16?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Probably not doable, but voting horses into at least being eligible for the race, would still be fun. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

I would love if that race got implanted in the Sim. I recently just found out about this race, though I've always loved staying up late watching Japan racing when they would have any big stakes races that they actually presented in English. I'm also a night owl anyway so was always nice to see racing at 2-4 am lol.

I wish we had a race like that in the states in Real life but I know here in the states it wouldn't be as popular etc.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago Probably not doable, but voting horses into at least being eligible for the race, would still be fun. : )

Stormy
I can't imagine how this could possibly go wrong!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago Probably not doable, but voting horses into at least being eligible for the race, would still be fun. : )

Stormy
I can't imagine how this could possibly go wrong!
LOL...

Yeah, It would probably would up being a little bit like the Simmys and each year, some will always feel like the wrong horse(s) got left out. ;)

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000