Arima Kinen

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Arima Kinen

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago Probably not doable, but voting horses into at least being eligible for the race, would still be fun. : )

Stormy
I can't imagine how this could possibly go wrong!
LOL...

Yeah, It would probably would up being a little bit like the Simmys and each year, some will always feel like the wrong horse(s) got left out. ;)

Stormy
Just make it a W16 big purse alternative. Doesn’t matter how it would impact the SC if we are working for greater realism, because there aren’t any real-life horses (I don’t think) who could run in both equivalents. Life is all about choices.

Run it on W16-D5.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago

LOL...

Yeah, It would probably would up being a little bit like the Simmys and each year, some will always feel like the wrong horse(s) got left out. ;)

Stormy
Just make it a W16 big purse alternative. Doesn’t matter how it would impact the SC if we are working for greater realism, because there aren’t any real-life horses (I don’t think) who could run in both equivalents. Life is all about choices.

Run it on W16-D5.
So Turf Routers could choose between the $4M Steward's Cup Turf, the $3M Melbourne Trophy, a pair of $500K Los Campeones races and a new $3-4M Japan race Week 16? Add even more choices for a top filly. And this just two weeks after they can pick either the $6M Arc or the $2M Cox Trophy?

Something's gotta give.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

LOL...

Stormy

Run it on W16-D5.
So Turf Routers could choose between the $4M Steward's Cup Turf, the $3M Melbourne Trophy, a pair of $500K Los Campeones races and a new $3-4M Japan race Week 16? Add even more choices for a top filly. And this just two weeks after they can pick either the $6M Arc or the $2M Cox Trophy?

Something's gotta give.
Sounds like a good time to get into turf routing :)
Now if I can only manage to breed anything better than a productive gallop haha
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago

Run it on W16-D5.

Something's gotta give.
That’s what I’m saying. It’s just good incentive to get into Turf Routing.

Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

yes there will always be horses that others feel are left out that should be in but there is only so many slots. This happens in sports such as college playoffs for football or college basketball for the march madness tournament. That's just life when there is voting involved in something.

The sim owners likely would be against this but how about have this race during the break BUT it won't be for Sim Money or Points and won't affect how the horse is training etc for the next sim year. This way they can still race in the SC or any of the high profile week 16 races.

I was going to suggest racing them at the peak condition for each horse however if an owner hasn't figured out the right equipment this would then end up telling them the equipment they perform best at unless the sim could run each at their peak condition level and hide the best equipment for each horse.

I would imagine most of these horses the owners likely have already figured out both pieces but if not this way we could get the best of each horse. The winner would get bragging rights and something for us to all enjoy during the break. but the Race would not actually count towards anything. Other than maybe getting a trophy.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Is this really necessary for Week 16 Friday? What's the goal here? Isn't management keen on taking money out of the game, and not the opposite?

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1486803
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1547518
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1487265
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

Christmas in July?
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago

Run it on W16-D5.

Something's gotta give.
This exactly. Well sort of. I've bred plenty of TR allowance types. But they run like solids.
Dom Behan
Turf Router

Post by Dom Behan »

Tune of Danny Boy,old Irish folk song.

O Danny Boy, the turf, the turf is calling
All these Grade Ones are beckoning to thee
But you have put your eggs in DR's basket
Now you must sit at peace and let those turfers be
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Dom Behan wrote: 4 years ago Tune of Danny Boy,old Irish folk song.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

DOOOOO IIIIIT!!!!!!!
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Omg the best!!! 😂
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Danny has had plenty of big turf routers... He owned Itoko, Magical Trevor, Captain Hammer, Dr. Horrible, Imagineer, Burning Up the Sun, White Star, Sven, etc. (all millionaires)

When you have won an Arc, you dont need to be told to get into Turf Routers cus they are already there ;)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

This is the BEST 😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago Probably not doable, but voting horses into at least being eligible for the race, would still be fun. : )

Stormy
LOL...

Stormy
Wouldnt this be the perfect use of partnerships in the future. Each partership has an extra vote to be sure to get your horses in..
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...