Dummy

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Dummy

Post by The Steward »

I’m very open about my battles with anxiety, depression, and recently inability to focus. I am all about team Erase the Stigma and whatnot.

Yesterday I was working on the Sim, and writing for work, and editing photos from Saturday, and both kids were sick, and life was just happening as it does. At some point I remembered the Hall of Fame voting was complete and took down the link. The very next step is to post and announce the winners but I didn’t even get as far as looking them up before I got distracted by something else and it didn’t enter my head again for 17 hours. JUST now I remembered I never did that. And I’m out for the morning with the kids so I can’t look up and post the results for hours.

Why am I posting this? 1. As a reminder to myself to do this and 2. If you’re having a bad day, just remember at least you aren’t a dunderhead that forgot what you were doing in the middle of doing it like the Steward! 🤦🏻‍♀️
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Dummy

Post by Rochelle Bos »

This is my life lol 😘
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

So I'm not quite halfway through (3 months) with my wife and me taking care of my 88 year old mother-in-law who is constantly trying to claim memory loss, real or imagined??? Anyhow, I come to the SIM to get away from all that kind of stuff and now I have to deal with it here with the Steward, sheesh!

We love you madam Steward! You'll get it back. Lots of smiles coming to you.
Last edited by Keith Maidlow 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 4 years ago I come to the SIM to get away from all that kind of stuff and now I have to deal with it here with the Steward, sheesh!
🤣 had a good laugh at this haha
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago ..............Why am I posting this? 1. As a reminder to myself to do this and 2. If you’re having a bad day, just remember at least you aren’t a dunderhead that forgot what you were doing in the middle of doing it like the Steward! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Most people here know I'm an atheist. But, I do believe in the here after.
You don't know how many times I've gone down the hall, and stood in the bedroom doorway wondering what I was 'here after.' :?

And, it usually takes another trip down the hall and into the living-room where I can then remember, and go back down the hall to the bedroom to fetch whatever it was.

I think this is something everyone starts to experience in their mid-30s to early 40's and it really doesn't get better from there on out. :P

Stormy :P
Last edited by Stormy Peak 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago I’m very open about my battles with anxiety, depression, and recently inability to focus. I am all about team Erase the Stigma and whatnot.

Yesterday I was working on the Sim, and writing for work, and editing photos from Saturday, and both kids were sick, and life was just happening as it does. At some point I remembered the Hall of Fame voting was complete and took down the link. The very next step is to post and announce the winners but I didn’t even get as far as looking them up before I got distracted by something else and it didn’t enter my head again for 17 hours. JUST now I remembered I never did that. And I’m out for the morning with the kids so I can’t look up and post the results for hours.

Why am I posting this? 1. As a reminder to myself to do this and 2. If you’re having a bad day, just remember at least you aren’t a dunderhead that forgot what you were doing in the middle of doing it like the Steward! 🤦🏻‍♀️
At least you had a lot of legitimate distractions going on. Some of us have zero distractions and still forget what we're doing in the middle of doing it.....every. single. day. (Some days more times then I can count on one hand.) It's not as fun getting old as I thought it would be.
Last edited by Lori Hamill 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bertie Bassett
Miler

Post by Bertie Bassett »

We all have days like this :-)
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

And then there was the time when I put a dish towel in the freezer and a gallon of ice cream on top of the fridge. For reasons unknown to mankind. I had quite the mess to clean up!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

The line between insanity and genius is 'fine.'

Focus on the genius side of the equation.

This game is your creation.

Which only reinforces my point :!:

;)
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I can totally relate to ALL of the above, lol. Cheers!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

We all have those derp moments! :lol:

For my final recital at music college, I was warming up in a practice room in another building. As it was drawing nearer to my exam time I went over to the other building (where my exam was) and whilst the other person was finishing their exam I got my violin out to just run some tricky passages before I went in, but turns out I left my bow in the other room. I had to RUN there because I had roughly 5-7 minutes before I was meant to be on stage playing. Except I forgot my student card so I couldn't get into the building, I thought I was going to cry. Thankfully the kind front of house staff recognised me and let me in. I ran all the way to the third floor, burst in on some poor girl practicing and just awkwardly said 'my bow', grabbed it and ran back down to the exam building as fast as I could. Soon as I got there, my accompanist was ready for us to go in. At least this unfortunate event didn't give me time to get nervous so I was very calm when I went on stage haha!
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

this just sounds like a normal day in my life
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

My GF found my car keys in the fridge yesterday morning. She asked me why I put them in there, I had no clue lol 😂
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I do this constantly, and it'll get worse the moment my classes start, and the more I get involved with HART again. Since I work on maintaining and posting adoption ads on various sites. Plus, making sure to do my work for the day job and then either going home or going to my 2nd job and that just creates more issues. I have photos I need to edit and clean up from pretty much the entirety of 2019, :lol: I'm so behind on those!

You are not alone.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago
The Steward wrote: 4 years ago ..............Why am I posting this? 1. As a reminder to myself to do this and 2. If you’re having a bad day, just remember at least you aren’t a dunderhead that forgot what you were doing in the middle of doing it like the Steward! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Most people here know I'm an atheist. But, I do believe in the here after.
You don't know how many times I've gone down the hall, and stood in the bedroom doorway wondering what I was 'here after.'

And, it usually takes another trip down the hall and into the living-room where I can then remember, and got back down the hall to the bedroom to fetch whatever it was.

Stormy :P

Rim shot! She'll be here all week people! :mrgreen:

Steward--I resemble that last remark!! :?