Bye Bye Steward Bred's

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Bye Bye Steward Bred's

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Recently posted on the front page...
Y55 Update:
--Steward-bred Limits: We are removing the limit on how many Steward-breds you can own per year. You will still only be able to buy 1-2 per sale but you can buy off other players.
--Partnerships will still not be able to bid on/buy/own Steward-breds.
--There will be one special auction per year of Steward-breds to newer players (not NEW, but newer).
--Steward-breds will be phased out as other money-draining things come into play over the next few years.

Curious what everyone's thoughts on this are, I personally don't care all that much but I'm sure there are a lot of feelings flying for some people. I do think it will be interesting to see how this plays out in the grand scheme of things however.
yeah
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Bye Bye Steward Bred's

Post by Carole Hanson »

I’m curious to find out what will happen with The Steward’s broodmare band. And does that mean Emily will stop leasing/buying mares from players?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Kinda devastated. Not gonna lie.

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago I’m curious to find out what will happen with The Steward’s broodmare band. And does that mean Emily will stop leasing/buying mares from players?
I assume she will stop leasing mares, finish off her current deals, and breed the mares she has left until she has none left or until the new money-draining things are fully implemented and then auction off her remaining mares.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

If Em is quitting this because she wants to - then fine, but if it is still something she enjoyed doing in the Sim, then I am kind of disgusted with all those who whined about how unfair it was that not everyone was rich enough to own one of those horses...because, ya know...capitalism sucks and everyone should get a trophy.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Excellent post Stormy! I couldn’t agree more!

Leasing the mares would be a good replacement to draw the money out. I’ve never had a top high echelon Steward bred, so technically this shouldn’t bother me. But, to me the thrill is in the hunt, the attempts to get that hidden gem that didn’t break the bank to get. I will miss them.
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Randell Johnson »

I don't often say anything, but Steward breds are basically my favorite part of the game. (Weird... but don't judge)
I find it a little unfortunate that they are going away. But if thats what happens, I guess thats what happens.

And as Nick said - its the thrill of the hunt that makes it so fun!!!!!

My very humble opinion,
Randy
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Not being one who dipped into that market, I'm sorry to see them go! They are a benchmark to admire and strive for in our own individual breeding operation.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

I think this will be terrific for the game. Think of how much your voices were heard in these changes..............

++ Partnerships have tight limitations
++ Limits on ## of Stewies per crop = gone, so Pinhooking is back.
++ Newer Players get a shot at a Stewardbred horse while they still are around, unimpeded by Veteran Wealth.
++ Those clamoring for taxes have new life in that discussion.
++ Eventually, those who complained about Stewardbreds in the first place won't have to race against them.
++ Homebreds are going to become more and more valuable commodities than they've ever been.

It's the beauty of orchestrated compromise............almost no matter who you are, there's something in that list that you like, something that you hate, and something you're neutral toward.

KUDOS SIM Staff.............I think the Year 55 Update will make SIM Year 75 and beyond an exciting place to be headed.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Some musings:
I liked Steward bred horses, I really did, but lately my passion for them diminished as auctions got crazy and I got left behind.
I don't think I ever leased a mare to the Steward but I am sure some will really miss the rapid influx of cash that a lease could bring.
Are the game changers good for the game? I think so, overall, and time will tell way before Year 75.
Emily stated breeding mares was a chore and not exactly thrilling so, good. Let it go.
Which item am I most anxious for? Eek, "Steward-breds will be phased out as other money-draining things come into play over the next few years."
I have to go find my "money-draining things" brick-bat to beat them away as they appear out of the swampy lagoon.
It's all in how you choose to accept change that makes a big difference in your SIM experience, jX
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Jon Xett wrote: 4 years ago Some musings:
I liked Steward bred horses, I really did, but lately my passion for them diminished as auctions got crazy and I got left behind.
I don't think I ever leased a mare to the Steward but I am sure some will really miss the rapid influx of cash that a lease could bring.
Are the game changers good for the game? I think so, overall, and time will tell way before Year 75.
Emily stated breeding mares was a chore and not exactly thrilling so, good. Let it go.
Which item am I most anxious for? Eek, "Steward-breds will be phased out as other money-draining things come into play over the next few years."
I have to go find my "money-draining things" brick-bat to beat them away as they appear out of the swampy lagoon.
It's all in how you choose to accept change that makes a big difference in your SIM experience, jX
Yes, it almost certainly will produce a great result prior to Year 75. My point is not how long it will take for these changes to matter, but rather that they are healthy changes when considering the long-reaching impact that they will make.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Avery Genna
Turf Router

Post by Avery Genna »

I have mixed feelings. I do like the idea of an auction for newer players, as for the Steward Breds being phased out, I think it could definitely be a good thing to have more top level player bred horses. It makes me glad I’ve focused on putting together a nice broodmare band, but I do wonder about those players who focus more on racing than breeding and how they’ll get a top level or stakes level horse, because with more players breeding their own freaks and stakes horses, I doubt many of them will want to sell.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

My stable will probably slowly but surely die out once the stewies are gone. They’ve been a quick and easy way to keep new blood coming in. I always WANT to do mare leases and swaps but it’s hard to find time to get organised. This year I’ve organised a grand total of one and it’s for a breeding 4-5 Sim years into the future haha.

If this decision had been forced by people whining then I most likely would have ragequit. But Em is even busier than I am in real life and this is one thing that can be taken off her list.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago My stable will probably slowly but surely die out once the stewies are gone. They’ve been a quick and easy way to keep new blood coming in. I always WANT to do mare leases and swaps but it’s hard to find time to get organised. This year I’ve organised a grand total of one and it’s for a breeding 4-5 Sim years into the future haha.

If this decision had been forced by people whining then I most likely would have ragequit. But Em is even busier than I am in real life and this is one thing that can be taken off her list.
Many people just hold onto their good broodmares, Stewardbreds are the way to get new good blood into barns, and also the reason I want money. So this is very bad news for me.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

With no options to buy stewardbreds people might be more willing to trade or lease out their mares to bring in the new blood.

Might be a good thing. And who knows, possibly the steward might simply lease out her mares every season instead of breeding them. I think this can still take a pretty good chunk out of the economy especially if her mares have the nice pedigrees.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

A reminder for all those that think this is a result of people's wining and taking away the Steward's joy
The Steward wrote: 4 years ago I haven't read this whole thread (it is long), but I just wanted to say that right now the biggest problem/road block to Steward-breds is real life. I'm really drowning trying to keep up with real life let alone the SIM.... and Steward-breds would be the easiest thing to make go away. Right now it's not at all a "fun way for me to play." It is solely a way to remove huge chunks of money from the game.... hence why I keep asking for good suggestions of how else to do that.
I liked stewardbreds. I have had success with them through the years and while on one hand it will be sad for me to see them go I know I personally have found the breed where I don't have to compete with them considerably more enjoyable of late so I am looking forward to a time where thoroughbreds will likewise be all playerbreds. I also think it will be cool for some newer players to have an increased shot at getting some before they go away.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*