Bye Bye Steward Bred's

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Bye Bye Steward Bred's

Post by Andrew James »

Really interesting. Excited to see how this all shakes out. Will really miss the Steward auctions, they were/are one of those exciting things on the calendar.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Dom Behan
Turf Router

Post by Dom Behan »

Leasing out her mares and retaining ownership of all new sires will draw dollars from the economy. No chores required.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago With no options to buy stewardbreds people might be more willing to trade or lease out their mares to bring in the new blood.
I'm definitely always willing to do this. Its just a matter of time restraint for me. If people are like "Oh hey, I have this mare I want to swap for your mare" then I'm usually like heck yes (assuming its a relatively equal swap). But when I put out an ad asking for lease/swaps, it takes days and days to get things organised and I get stressed about not being able to get back to people fast enough etc etc.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago
Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago With no options to buy stewardbreds people might be more willing to trade or lease out their mares to bring in the new blood.
I'm definitely always willing to do this. Its just a matter of time restraint for me. If people are like "Oh hey, I have this mare I want to swap for your mare" then I'm usually like heck yes (assuming its a relatively equal swap). But when I put out an ad asking for lease/swaps, it takes days and days to get things organised and I get stressed about not being able to get back to people fast enough etc etc.
Most of my swaps are done through Private message to players telling them my interest in their mare.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Dom Behan wrote: 4 years ago [The Steward] retaining ownership of all new sires
This this this this this this this this this. 150 mares at 80k a pop is 12 mil right there. Not much compared to a TBS sale, but add a few new RL sires every year and it adds up.

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about this. I really enjoy the perpetual quest for Stew-breds, but the game will eventually probably be a better place without them... not least because it'll take some of the load off Em's back.
I have the same thoughts as some re: diversifying bloodlines in our barns. Will it force us to do more wheeling and dealing between ourselves? That alone is interesting.

I guess I'll miss not only the pursuit of the high-end prize horses, but the chance to score a diamond in the rough, and... I don't know, TBS horses have just always been such a focus of myself and many other players that it's a little hard to imagine the (thoroughbred) game without them.

It'll be an adjustment, but I think it'll lead to a more level playing field in the long run. Onwards and upwards!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

While I've yet to own a Stew-bred, and I am interested in the auction for newer players to see if that changes anything. Though I am happy to see that Em will be able to remove something from her overly full plate at some point.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

I stated before that if SB's went away if seriously rethink about staying...hasn't changed my mind about that....looks like it's a reality
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

i love Steward breds but it will make for a more even playing field as people will have to rely on their own breeding instead of relying on the Stewards
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Jack Meyer wrote: 4 years ago I stated before that if SB's went away if seriously rethink about staying...hasn't changed my mind about that....looks like it's a reality
I actually find this somewhat fascinating.... out of all your truly major horses, none of them were Steward-breds, and of all your SC entries (which are very live indeed!), none of them are Steward-breds. You of all people certainly stand on your own feet without my help at all.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Like someone else said, Stewardbreds are the reason I want money. I save up until I have enough to buy one, blow it all, and then start saving up again. So I hope that whatever the new money-draining things are, they will be something fun and desirable to have and to strive for. (Not just taxes, which takes away money without any of the fun).
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy

Trotter Stud:
Viceroy - 5K
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Jack Meyer wrote: 4 years ago I stated before that if SB's went away if seriously rethink about staying...hasn't changed my mind about that....looks like it's a reality
I actually find this somewhat fascinating.... out of all your truly major horses, none of them were Steward-breds, and of all your SC entries (which are very live indeed!), none of them are Steward-breds. You of all people certainly stand on your own feet without my help at all.
I was actually thinking the same. Jack has had a lot of very nice home bred monsters throughout the years.
There are so many more things in this game besides buying and racing steward bred horses.

Give it a chance to see how it plays out Jack. I bet you will be just fine =)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Something more satisfying, beating a Steward bred with one of your own, than beating a horse bred by 'Player X' for example. That part of the game will be missed by me!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I'd implore anyone who is concerned about Steward-breds going away and diversifying the bloodlines in their barn to bid on my lease auction which ends on Monday! Lots of blue hens and amazing pedigrees in there, you don't need to rely on the Steward for these!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/auctions ... ionID=4150
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago I'd implore anyone who is concerned about Steward-breds going away and diversifying the bloodlines in their barn to bid on my lease auction which ends on Monday! Lots of blue hens and amazing pedigrees in there, you don't need to rely on the Steward for these!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/auctions ... ionID=4150
I see what you are doing there Danny.. Not fooling me! :D
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

quote.
There will be one special auction per year of Steward-breds to newer players (not NEW, but newer).

Take it they will cost a pretty penny.

Time to start selling my home grown vegetables at the end of my drive.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.