Bye Bye Steward Bred's

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Re: Bye Bye Steward Bred's

Post by Jack Meyer »

True, they all trace back to SB bloodlines, ones I would not have had they not been there....ones which will go away eventually. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for Em because I certainly understand life can be stressed (without twins to care for, a job that requires a lot of your time, and everyday things we endure), this will give you time for other things which is great.
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Aloretta Dethly
Miler

Post by Aloretta Dethly »

I've been playing this game for 5 1/2 real life years and have never bought a Stewardbred; it's not for lack of trying, I just don't have the funds to afford one that I actually want. Maybe I'm too picky but I've never wanted to bid on a horse just because it's bred by the Steward, I want to buy a horse I'm actually excited to run. I'm a bit sad that it seems like at this point I'll never own one, but it really won't affect how I play the game.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

With no steward breeds this will absolutely favor the veterans with strong breeding barns. The newer player will have it harder then ever to compete I think .

I like the idea of Em having a stew sale for newer players.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Xander Zone wrote: 4 years ago With no steward breeds this will absolutely favor the veterans with strong breeding barns.
I'm going to have to disagree with you hard there. Most newer players get a good breeding barn under them before they ever have any chance to get a Stewie. While a Stewie can help I know myself and many others have built breeding barns devoid of Stewie's and while they aren't anywhere near the veteran barns that's to be expected in every aspect when beginning.
yeah
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Aloretta Dethly wrote: 4 years ago I've been playing this game for 5 1/2 real life years and have never bought a Stewardbred; it's not for lack of trying, I just don't have the funds to afford one that I actually want. Maybe I'm too picky but I've never wanted to bid on a horse just because it's bred by the Steward, I want to buy a horse I'm actually excited to run. I'm a bit sad that it seems like at this point I'll never own one, but it really won't affect how I play the game.
Maybe she could have an auction for people who have never had a Steward bred?
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

Sorry Dylan how many Freaks have you bred or home breds that have won a stew cup or any other major G1 ?
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago Yes, it almost certainly will produce a great result prior to Year 75. My point is not how long it will take for these changes to matter, but rather that they are healthy changes when considering the long-reaching impact that they will make.
Yes, 100% agree with you Glenn. I admit that I initially misread your words.

I made a reply in the Edge this week: It's simple. I play the SIMHorseracing game by trying to do what's good for the game that I love. I truly believe that a majority of SIM players play this way. You all find a way to be competitive and win and have fun. You all know that to keep SIM strong you have to give back to the game in whatever manner you can. You write articles, you help new players, you lease / sell interesting and useful racers and mares, you give away good things, you trade and mutually strengthen your barns, you kibitz in chat, challenge, agree to disagree, offer alternative views in the forum, and you help build a stronger SIM. I know. I have seen you do this since SIM year 3. I know that you all realize that the strength in SIMHorseracing is in strong community, a large number of competitive players building a better game and an empathetic community of caring about the game.

We will all survive and grow with whatever decision The Steward and her support group make. All of Us Together. jX
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Xander Zone wrote: 4 years ago With no steward breeds this will absolutely favor the veterans with strong breeding barns. The newer player will have it harder then ever to compete I think .

I like the idea of Em having a stew sale for newer players.
Yeah, since they are being phased out, it is a reality that stronger breeding barns (both genders factored in) will have a leg up. So I think not only is the newer player sale a fine idea, but so is using that method to phase them out. Put them into the hands of less stable/newer breeding operations to hopefully stabilize them a bit more before the Stewies phase all the way out.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago
Aloretta Dethly wrote: 4 years ago I've been playing this game for 5 1/2 real life years and have never bought a Stewardbred; it's not for lack of trying, I just don't have the funds to afford one that I actually want. Maybe I'm too picky but I've never wanted to bid on a horse just because it's bred by the Steward, I want to buy a horse I'm actually excited to run. I'm a bit sad that it seems like at this point I'll never own one, but it really won't affect how I play the game.
Maybe she could have an auction for people who have never had a Steward bred?
Good idea. I have NEVER had the funds for a SB. I’ve been playing since year 37 and most of my earnings have come from mixers and Steeplechase. It is very hard to get great blood for TBs but I keep trying with a few families in my herd. I gave up on ever getting a SB. :lol:
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Plus I think people are underestimating how long it will take me to phase out. I have tons of 4yos and numerous 1/2/3 year olds on the track right now that I've long since paid for. They'll be around a long time.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago Plus I think people are underestimating how long it will take me to phase out. I have tons of 4yos and numerous 1/2/3 year olds on the track right now that I've long since paid for. They'll be around a long time.
I’m guessing a 10 season fade out?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Trastevere Peru
Miler

Post by Trastevere Peru »

I made a reply in the Edge this week: It's simple. I play the SIMHorseracing game by trying to do what's good for the game that I love. I truly believe that a majority of SIM players play this way. You all find a way to be competitive and win and have fun. You all know that to keep SIM strong you have to give back to the game in whatever manner you can. You write articles, you help new players, you lease / sell interesting and useful racers and mares, you give away good things, you trade and mutually strengthen your barns, you kibitz in chat, challenge, agree to disagree, offer alternative views in the forum, and you help build a stronger SIM. I know. I have seen you do this since SIM year 3. I know that you all realize that the strength in SIMHorseracing is in strong community, a large number of competitive players building a better game and an empathetic community of caring about the game.

We will all survive and grow with whatever decision The Steward and her support group make. All of Us Together. jX
[/quote]

jX, agree at all¡¡¡
Happy Acting Turf Sprinter 20,000
Dressed in Suits Turf Sprinter 10,000

¨Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus¨
Umberto Eco
Misty Hills
Sprinter

Post by Misty Hills »

Xander Zone wrote: 4 years ago With no steward breeds this will absolutely favor the veterans with strong breeding barns. The newer player will have it harder then ever to compete I think .
As a new player, my view is that it will be the exact opposite of this.
As Em said, Stewardbreds will remain in the game for a long time, and some players are acting as though they are being deleted tomorrow. I'm very excited about what the future holds, as I believe the game will be more beginner-friendly without Stewardbreds and I'm excited about having a less stressed Steward with more time on her hands.
Whoops
Sorry
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

What Skippy is saying is that the established players will have deep bloodlines from years and years of opportunity to own these wonderful fake ponies and that in itself will put them at an advantage.
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Misty Hills
Sprinter

Post by Misty Hills »

Jack, how is that a bigger advantage than continuing to let them buy Stewardbreds? This might sound silly and correct me if I'm wrong, but it almost sounds as though you're suggesting that because we cannot make it 100% fair we shouldn't even make an attempt? Now, we already know that's not the main reason for Em phasing them out, but let's put that aside for a second.
Whoops
Sorry
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯