Money Drain Idea

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Money Drain Idea

Post by Laura Smith »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago What about being able to pay for special jockey instructions? It could be something like $25k to activate it for a horse lifetime and you can give instructions like "force pace" if you think you need the lead, "miss break" if you think you'll need to do so to get inside, "stalk leaders" to avoid getting run into the ground on the lead, "save energy" if you think it's going to be an easy win and want to look towards the next race, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of better instructions you can give but it could allow you to tweak how your horse is ridden in a race and maybe give a bit more of an edge if you make the right choice. Make the wrong one and you hurt yourself.
We had jockey instructions in like Y25 or something. It didn't work out. Horses that were given instructions contrary to their preferred running style just got all annoyed and didn't run to their full ability anyway.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago
Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago Introduce horse drugs and shady vets.
Pay a lump sum of cash for a next race boost, but then implement a code that’s places a certain % risk of getting caught day of race. It can randomly run overnight. Penalty = scratched from race, a large fine and horse banned for 6 sim weeks from being entered in a race.
I'd quit if this was implemented. I think the goal is to drain money without simultaneously draining players :)
Pete's idea works on multiple levels then. You quitting would drain a fortune from the game!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago
Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago What about being able to pay for special jockey instructions? It could be something like $25k to activate it for a horse lifetime and you can give instructions like "force pace" if you think you need the lead, "miss break" if you think you'll need to do so to get inside, "stalk leaders" to avoid getting run into the ground on the lead, "save energy" if you think it's going to be an easy win and want to look towards the next race, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of better instructions you can give but it could allow you to tweak how your horse is ridden in a race and maybe give a bit more of an edge if you make the right choice. Make the wrong one and you hurt yourself.
We had jockey instructions in like Y25 or something. It didn't work out. Horses that were given instructions contrary to their preferred running style just got all annoyed and didn't run to their full ability anyway.
Ah gotcha, I’d always been surprised it wasn’t here and now I know
yeah
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Lee Tuttle wrote: 4 years ago
Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago
Pay a lump sum of cash for a next race boost, but then implement a code that’s places a certain % risk of getting caught day of race. It can randomly run overnight. Penalty = scratched from race, a large fine and horse banned for 6 sim weeks from being entered in a race.
I like this idea. Sort of a Pletcher/Asmussen vibe.
Ah yes Rachel Alexroidia. Lets not forget Bafferts alleged magical vitamins. Sigh... the horse racing industry.
Rachel Alexandra was a brilliant racehorse before she ever went to Pletcher. And besides that, she was owned by Stonestreet who are very honest horse people (e.g. publishing all of their yearlings drug test results).
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 4 years ago Advanced Ultrasounds: I know we all get anxious about Festivus; especially that one foal that we are really excited about but we know will let us down. Well, what if you didn't have to be anxious? What if you could pay for an advanced ultrasound and get a rough idea about your horse's ability (similar to but not exactly the same as gallops) as soon as you hit the breed button? You still have to gallop the horse to get a full idea of how good they are but at least you can get let down before Festivus.
This is kinda already available. When the year turns over, you can ask other players to ask the bloodstock agent about your yearlings (and they will get the typical comments like ‘Buy! Buy! Buy!’ ‘This horse could be anything’ etc.). Of course then the money is being passed around SIM players rather than taken out of the game.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
I'd quit if this was implemented. I think the goal is to drain money without simultaneously draining players :)
Pete's idea works on multiple levels then. You quitting would drain a fortune from the game!
If I ever voluntarily leave the game, on the way out the door, I'd be handing out money to other players like I was Robin Hood giving a ticker tape parade. LOL.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

If I ever voluntarily leave the game, on the way out the door, I'd be handing out money to other players like I was Robin Hood giving a ticker tape parade. LOL.
I’m picturing Laura making it rain with Simoleans all over Trial Park! Lol
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I think the best way to drain money is for Em to stand her own studs. Instead of all RL studs coming into the game as GP studs, make 50% of them regular SIM money. Seems like a simple drain that doesn't majorly change the way people play.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago
Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago

I like this idea. Sort of a Pletcher/Asmussen vibe.
Ah yes Rachel Alexroidia. Lets not forget Bafferts alleged magical vitamins. Sigh... the horse racing industry.
Rachel Alexandra was a brilliant racehorse before she ever went to Pletcher. And besides that, she was owned by Stonestreet who are very honest horse people (e.g. publishing all of their yearlings drug test results).
Rachel was trained by Asmussen. She won the Oaks before she went to him which was by far her most brilliant race.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Post of the year.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I think the best way to drain money is for Em to stand her own studs. Instead of all RL studs coming into the game as GP studs, make 50% of them regular SIM money. Seems like a simple drain that doesn't majorly change the way people play.
Definitely
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I think the best way to drain money is for Em to stand her own studs. Instead of all RL studs coming into the game as GP studs, make 50% of them regular SIM money. Seems like a simple drain that doesn't majorly change the way people play.
This, this, a million times this. Just for example, imagine there was a player named Fart Scamedaly who left the game. Had his stallions like Dames Jean and Can of History gone to the Steward that would have been hundreds of millions out of the game.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago

Rachel was trained by Asmussen. She won the Oaks before she went to him which was by far her most brilliant race.
You are correct, I always associate Pletcher with Stonestreet for some reason. Either way, I highly doubt Rachel was actually on illegal substances.
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

I think the best way to drain money is for Em to stand her own studs. Instead of all RL studs coming into the game as GP studs, make 50% of them regular SIM money. Seems like a simple drain that doesn't majorly change the way people play.

Could this Dirt/AW Sprinter, Shancelot be the start of this idea.
Bred 2 to him random and got 2 fillies
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

This is the best visualization EVER!

Me: 😂

But also, jokes aside, DON’T EVER LEAVE! I’d rather have you in game! 100%
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt