Money Drain Idea

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Money Drain Idea

Post by Andrew James »

This is a little out there but just consider how fun :)

For an exorbitant amount (lets call it a million per mare) you can use a stud that is pensioned or deceased. I miss Pyrotechnic guy, amongst others.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Money Drain Idea

Post by The Steward »

And for 10 million, we can breed a mare we keep forgetting we pensioned/lost and still miss (Cadeauje!)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

$10M to visit the cloning lab. Results may vary.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Oh, must start saving!

Lol, who am I kidding, but it sounds good in theory.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Introduce horse drugs and shady vets.
Pay a lump sum of cash for a next race boost, but then implement a code that’s places a certain % risk of getting caught day of race. It can randomly run overnight. Penalty = scratched from race, a large fine and horse banned for 6 sim weeks from being entered in a race.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago Introduce horse drugs and shady vets.
Pay a lump sum of cash for a next race boost, but then implement a code that’s places a certain % risk of getting caught day of race. It can randomly run overnight. Penalty = scratched from race, a large fine and horse banned for 6 sim weeks from being entered in a race.
I like this idea. Sort of a Pletcher/Asmussen vibe.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Trainer banned from entering stakes races for 6 (racing) weeks would be more effective
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I've wondered if raising the role of jockeys could be a new drain - you have to pay agents and fees to get the best ones, bid against other players for contracts, and they play more of a role in the outcome of a race (and maybe something like bugs are cheaper but come with a bit of a handicap for their first season or two, but if you book a bug and they have a big skill leap, you get them for another year on the same fee). If there was a jockey auction (or auctions) at the start of the season it would drain some of the bankrolls of the people making buckets of money off stud fees (and I'm one of those so I'm not pointing fingers at anyone).

Now, in the spirit of the retro direction this thread is going, you could also add bribes to competitors' jockeys too for all kinds of shady tactics (a drop down list?). Of course they might just take your money, not follow instructions, then skip the country.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'd quit if this was implemented. I think the goal is to drain money without simultaneously draining players :)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago
I'd quit if this was implemented. I think the goal is to drain money without simultaneously draining players :)
It was just a fun little idea, no need to throw out the “I would quit if” statement. Honestly though, for how long you have been around, I doubt you would quit over that lol
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

As someone that thinks breeding is the most fun part of the game, here are some breeding inspired ideas:

Super-Hypo: Are you worried about making the wrong decision on who to send your mare to? Well worry no more! You can pay a fee to get a short list (maybe 5 horses) of the top active stallions that your mare hypos/matches with. If that type of thing bothers people we could even make it fun and perhaps the list only returns the top 3 that your mare hypos to plus one or two random/average hypo score type guys also show up and you have to figure out which are the actual top ones. Makes it fun too since it only suggests active stallions, you might get a bunch of old dudes that are about to pension and then you have to redo it next year or in a few years.

Limited time stallions: Sure, we have game created stallions that are like real-life stallions, but what if we had a limited time or one time only breeding seasons where special stallions coming over from TBS-land (some made-up place with really great stallions that may or may not function similarly to game created real-life stallions but better). The limited-time stallions could either have really pricy stud fees to drain money or potentially could even have breeding spots auctioned off in some way. It could also be a fun and cost-neutral contest giveaway. Also might be a fun way to honor a real-life horse that does something cool. "Justify won the triple crown! For a limited time, he will be standing for the steward! Don't miss this chance to get a little Justify bloodline into your barn!"

The distance meter: For those of you that strive to breed horses for multiple distances you can pay to see a specific comment (similar to a gallop comment) referring to that horse's ability at a specific distance. It could unlimited and drain lots of money or it could even be a one-time per horse type of thing. Who knows, it may be fun in mixing up some of the divisions.

Hyperovulation pills: You can pay to guarantee twins! That's right, two horses for the price of one (well the price of one plus the price of the extremely expensive fertility medicine... but you can blame "Big-Pharma" for that). Also, these pills are a bit tough on your horse so you can only use them once in a mares life!

Advanced Ultrasounds: I know we all get anxious about Festivus; especially that one foal that we are really excited about but we know will let us down. Well, what if you didn't have to be anxious? What if you could pay for an advanced ultrasound and get a rough idea about your horse's ability (similar to but not exactly the same as gallops) as soon as you hit the breed button? You still have to gallop the horse to get a full idea of how good they are but at least you can get let down before Festivus.

The all-new Ship a Stud program: State bred stakes races are a great way to make money with a horse that is good, but not quite great. That is unless you live in a state with a super stallion where every horse in the division is great and you don't have a shot at a state-bred stakes. Well worry no more, you can now pay to ship a stallion to your mare so that the foal is born in the state of your choice rather than the state where the stallion resides! You'll be rolling in state-bred money in no time!

Frozen Sperm: Do you have a favorite 2-year-old filly that you just can't wait to breed to that great stallion... wait... what's that? He's 14 already! Well that isn't a problem anymore! You can pay the stud fee, plus an additional storage fee, to hold onto that gentleman's seed for up to 5 sim years to use whenever you'd like! Just make sure you do it early because you can take one sample per stallion and you can only get that sample before he pensions!
Last edited by Brandon Schultz 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

What about being able to pay for special jockey instructions? It could be something like $25k to activate it for a horse lifetime and you can give instructions like "force pace" if you think you need the lead, "miss break" if you think you'll need to do so to get inside, "stalk leaders" to avoid getting run into the ground on the lead, "save energy" if you think it's going to be an easy win and want to look towards the next race, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of better instructions you can give but it could allow you to tweak how your horse is ridden in a race and maybe give a bit more of an edge if you make the right choice. Make the wrong one and you hurt yourself.
yeah
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago
I like this idea. Sort of a Pletcher/Asmussen vibe.
Ah yes Rachel Alexroidia. Lets not forget Bafferts alleged magical vitamins. Sigh... the horse racing industry.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 4 years ago Super-Hypo, The distance meter(surface meter too?),Frozen Sperm
i like these 3 a lot...
Last edited by Dylan Christensen 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
yeah
Lance Macisaac
Miler

Post by Lance Macisaac »

Now this would make the game more interesting!