Money Drain Idea

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Money Drain Idea

Post by Carole Hanson »

Here's an idea:
How about this. Controversial idea that people might not like but most players would be able to afford this. All jockeys stay at the level they are right now. You can pay a flat fee to hire a new jockey on a contract for life (you get to choose their gender and name, same as it is now), the fee being $150,000 (and yes that seems extortionate but they are signing their life away to ride for you in several races at the same time, sometimes on different continents!) and you can train them to become better:

Level 1-Sack of potatoes-Flat fee $150,000
Level 2-Improvement to 'Apprentice' jockey: +$15,000
Level 3-Improvement to 'Good' jockey: +$35,000
Level 4-Improvement to 'Natural' jockey: +$50,000
Total to get a 'Natural' jockey=$250,000

OR, you can hire a jockey out part-time instead:
Level 1 jockey:
1 race-$100
1 week-$1,000
2 weeks-$2,500
4 weeks-$5,000
8 weeks-$10,000
12 weeks-$15,000
16 weeks-$30,000

Level 2 jockey:
1 race-$250
1 week-$2,500
2 weeks-$5,000
4 weeks-$10,000
8 weeks-$20,000
12 weeks-$30,000
16 weeks-$60,000

Level 3 jockey:
1 race-$500
1 week-$5,000
2 weeks-$10,000
4 weeks-$20,000
8 weeks-$40,000
12 weeks-$60,000
16 weeks-$80,000

Level 4 jockey:
1 race-$1,000
1 week-$10,000
2 weeks-$20,000
4 weeks-$40,000
8 weeks-$80,000
12 weeks-$120,000
16 weeks-$160,000

The way this could be implemented is that everyone is required to pay the flat fee for any existing jockeys they have plus any extra fees that correspond to the jockey's level (so if you have a 'natural' jockey, you will pay $250,000 for them, a good jockey and you pay $200,000 for them with an option to pay $50,000 to make them a natural jockey). But if a player does not wish to keep the jockey, they can instead 'Release this jockey from their contract' and they go up on the hire a jockey market. The game creates a certain number of jockeys with random names and genders that will already appear on the market once the change takes place (let's say 500 from each category?) so that people who wish to hire rather than pay the up front fee have something to choose from. There will be 4 weeks for players to adjust to this change, if they do not do anything with their jockeys, the jockey will be released from their contract automatically. So any jockeys that a player wishes to keep must have the corresponding fees paid before the 4 week deadline. Also, all jockeys will have the jockey level displayed and the hire a jockey market can be sorted by the different levels. I know this renders the jockey agent useless but I doubt this feature brings in THAT much money.

This could work I think because the jockey isn't THAT big of a difference in a race so players who can't afford the best jockeys for every race aren't getting totally screwed but for players who can afford having 'Natural' jockeys, it's a small edge (and let's face it, if you are a big time player, hiring out and training 4 jockeys for life, let's say, will cost you $1,000,000 which isn't THAT much for a lot of the top players and it's a one time fee).

But I am super open to criticism on this idea, perhaps you have a way to improve it? Overhaul it completely? I'd love to hear it! :)
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

So I leased a mare this year and was really excited to breed her and get a filly from her line in my stable. After countless hours looking at the sires I narrowed it down to two that I liked....Buildyouanempire or Kinectic.

I ended up choosing Empire since I think he has produced better to date and I didn’t want to mess it up (though I may have)

I know some iterations of the plan I propose has been stated but what if we could pay 25,000 GPs and have the game decided between two studs that we have to choose ourselves. So rather than the game providing suggestions or a list, we tell the game I want to breed a filly/colt (we tell the game the gender) from either these two sires, and the game (or Em) tell us what they think the better choice is?

I think the price is high enough that it wouldn’t be overused by the players but would still drain GPS (or we can make it $250k). This also puts the decisions on the players more than other recommendations as we chose the two sides in question. Added bonus, gives Em a chance to weigh in on these if she wants or create a code that can do it (if she doesn’t and coding is possible). Thoughts? Also price for this is flexible if people think it’s too low, I probably would have paid $300k or so for the recommendation...
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

What if there was a pay option to hit a breeding with that would allow us to pay more to find out if the combo would make a better filly or colt? Say 5-25k, with a line of “choose the best gender for this breeding”. So on top of say a 25k stud fee you would pay an additional amount to have the best potential gender, since we know some throw better colts than fillies or vice versa. Just a confirmation of the best gender for that cross, still a somewhat random result, but a guarantee. Otherwise without paying the extra you could still choose the gender or random cross without the bonus of getting which would be best.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Remember that the random slide comes into play at each breeding, so you may have chosen the better cross but the random slide took it down a notch. And besides that, if you bred a filly she might be a meh racehorse but a fantastic broodmare.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

A Bobby Bonilla Auction :lol:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Let people pay to show their stud ads on live broadcasts now that this is a thing.
yeah
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Got a horse you just can't find that second piece of equipment for?

Click on the button below and for a reasonable price of $100K your problem will disappear!

Along with your bankroll and the over abundance of cash in the SIM.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago Let people pay to show their stud ads on live broadcasts now that this is a thing.
Having seen some race calls I like this idea and I'd like to second it. There's a little break at the end of each race before the Steward confirms the results, and a second break when the next race is being queued that could be used without interrupting the flow of the calls already.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Re-resurrecting this thread. Good way to take money out of the game is to update the bloodstock agent comment for racehorses and allow it on someone’s own horses. I could see a lot of people using this on their foals even if it doesn’t mean a lot, just more than it currently does mean.
yeah
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 4 years ago As someone that thinks breeding is the most fun part of the game, here are some breeding inspired ideas:

Super-Hypo: Are you worried about making the wrong decision on who to send your mare to? Well worry no more! You can pay a fee to get a short list (maybe 5 horses) of the top active stallions that your mare hypos/matches with. If that type of thing bothers people we could even make it fun and perhaps the list only returns the top 3 that your mare hypos to plus one or two random/average hypo score type guys also show up and you have to figure out which are the actual top ones. Makes it fun too since it only suggests active stallions, you might get a bunch of old dudes that are about to pension and then you have to redo it next year or in a few years.

Limited time stallions: Sure, we have game created stallions that are like real-life stallions, but what if we had a limited time or one time only breeding seasons where special stallions coming over from TBS-land (some made-up place with really great stallions that may or may not function similarly to game created real-life stallions but better). The limited-time stallions could either have really pricy stud fees to drain money or potentially could even have breeding spots auctioned off in some way. It could also be a fun and cost-neutral contest giveaway. Also might be a fun way to honor a real-life horse that does something cool. "Justify won the triple crown! For a limited time, he will be standing for the steward! Don't miss this chance to get a little Justify bloodline into your barn!"

The distance meter: For those of you that strive to breed horses for multiple distances you can pay to see a specific comment (similar to a gallop comment) referring to that horse's ability at a specific distance. It could unlimited and drain lots of money or it could even be a one-time per horse type of thing. Who knows, it may be fun in mixing up some of the divisions.

Hyperovulation pills: You can pay to guarantee twins! That's right, two horses for the price of one (well the price of one plus the price of the extremely expensive fertility medicine... but you can blame "Big-Pharma" for that). Also, these pills are a bit tough on your horse so you can only use them once in a mares life!

Advanced Ultrasounds: I know we all get anxious about Festivus; especially that one foal that we are really excited about but we know will let us down. Well, what if you didn't have to be anxious? What if you could pay for an advanced ultrasound and get a rough idea about your horse's ability (similar to but not exactly the same as gallops) as soon as you hit the breed button? You still have to gallop the horse to get a full idea of how good they are but at least you can get let down before Festivus.

The all-new Ship a Stud program: State bred stakes races are a great way to make money with a horse that is good, but not quite great. That is unless you live in a state with a super stallion where every horse in the division is great and you don't have a shot at a state-bred stakes. Well worry no more, you can now pay to ship a stallion to your mare so that the foal is born in the state of your choice rather than the state where the stallion resides! You'll be rolling in state-bred money in no time!

Frozen Sperm: Do you have a favorite 2-year-old filly that you just can't wait to breed to that great stallion... wait... what's that? He's 14 already! Well that isn't a problem anymore! You can pay the stud fee, plus an additional storage fee, to hold onto that gentleman's seed for up to 5 sim years to use whenever you'd like! Just make sure you do it early because you can take one sample per stallion and you can only get that sample before he pensions!
Some of these are really cool ideas. I like the one about shipping a stallion a bunch.