Brain reading names wrong haha

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Brain reading names wrong haha

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Anyone have that problem? For the whole time I've owned this horse I have thought it's name was Sinister Shine... lol
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Christine Knight
Two Year Old

Re: Brain reading names wrong haha

Post by Christine Knight »

Yes, absolutely. In fact I nicked a mare probably 3 or 4 times before I realized the mistake, their pedigrees were pretty close too so I just didn't realize it for so long. Felt so stupid.... take my money lol :roll: :lol: :oops:
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

My daughters are both dyslexic. It’s so easy to eat “Virginia” fast and see “*”. Billboards arE hilarious at high speeds
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Yeah.. I was cruising around earlier and stumbled upon "Mattress of Wind": https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1025024

I pondered it for a second and re-read the name about 3 times before I realized it was a brain-fart on my end of things and that Kent is NOT the weirdo here, I am. :lol:
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

If it makes you feel better I read the title of this post as "Brian Reading Names Wrong" and was trying to figure out what in the world Brian Leavitt did wrong this time to make someone post about it on the forum.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 4 years ago If it makes you feel better I read the title of this post as "Brian Reading Names Wrong" and was trying to figure out what in the world Brian Leavitt did wrong this time to make someone post about it on the forum.
I JUST READ IT LIKE THAT COMING IN HERE TO READ THIS 😂😂😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Oh Yes. I'm thinking of giving you a bit of a hard time, giving my horses swedish names this year. I've already heard that Em had trouble reading out my QH filly's name, "Hon Stack Fort" (She ran away quickly)... lol
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago Oh Yes. I'm thinking of giving you a bit of a hard time, giving my horses swedish names this year. I've already heard that Em had trouble reading out my QH filly's name, "Hon Stack Fort" (She ran away quickly)... lol
MEAN! 😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago Oh Yes. I'm thinking of giving you a bit of a hard time, giving my horses swedish names this year. I've already heard that Em had trouble reading out my QH filly's name, "Hon Stack Fort" (She ran away quickly)... lol
MEAN! 😂
moahahaha! lol
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

These first two, wasn't me... but Em getting things wrong. lol

Back when my turf sprinter, Storm The Blockade won the Juvenile SC Turf Sprint - during the race call, Em called out his name a few times as Storm the Blockage. lol. I actually reserved the name Storm The Blockage so no one could use it on one if his offspring..lol I thought the slip up was hilarious, but didn't want it on one of his foals.

Storm The Blockade

After I put my mentally handicapped Golden Retriever, HaHa, to sleep, she sent me a PM, and had accidentally misspelled the title of it as Heartborken, instead of Heartbroken. She caught it in time, but left it that way, saying in her note that it just seemed to fit HaHa. And, even though I was so sad, reading that typo - it made me laugh, because I just know that if HaHa could have talked, or spelled -- that's exactly how I imagine he would have done the word. I named one of my better horses Heartborken. I fear someday though, I'm going to tell someone I'm heartbroken over their loss and it's going to come out heartborken. :P

Heartborken

Personally, my mix up in the Sim...
There is an owner in the Sim who's name I totally mess up every time I glance at it.
Pepper Carol.
My brain will always think 'Carol Pepper' first, before correcting it. I think for about 2 months after first seeing that name, I actually thought that Carol Pepper was the name - then finally noticed that Pepper was the first word. SMH.

And, while not Sim related...when I was in my mid-twenties, I was looking at a carpet sample that had a font with a lot of 'flourish' to it for lack of a better word.

When I first glanced at the sample, I read it as 'Applesauce' and actually saw that word...then blinked a few times and it turned into 'Applause' Ever since then, no matter which word I read, Applesauce, or Applause... I will see the other word before my brain unscrambles it. It's the weirdest brain glitch that I have and it drives me crazy...because even if I glance at a jar of Applesauce, I see Applause for a nano second.

Carpet samples and their colors, btw, often have weird names, so if you think a color called "applause' doesn't exist, I can tell you that somewhere at some time, it did as a color name on some carpet sample, and I've seen other colors given off the wall names, like 'breathless' or 'high hopes'. It irks me too...especially knowing it was someone with a college degree, and who is probably getting paid a lot of money, that thinks up such asinine names for colors. In my mind, the 'educated' professionals who names those colors - instead of like an Arts Degree of some kind it's more like they got an Artzy Fartzy Degree when I see words like that to describe colors - there's just no connection with the word to the color. I've seen names like 'Forest Sunlight'...and at least there's a connection...a person can take a reasonable guess that the color is a shade of green or several shades of green.

In case, if you're curious, 'applause' was a light colored mauve. :roll:

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

This horse was Jet Tequila for the longest time.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

To go along with Stormy's post. I remember when SIMsters could call in and give their pick for the Derby (or Steward's Cup, don't remember who). The recording generated a text printout and it was all kinds of messed up. The one that stood out the most to me was a pick made by "Pammy the Wicky"
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I was going to say I never had that problem but then remembered that, in the beginner of his career, I called Southern Getaway, Southern Gateway. Still would slip up once in awhile later in his career.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago This horse was Jet Tequila for the longest time.
SAME! Named quiet a few of his babies based on Tequila LOL
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Sounds like you need a Hög Fart ;)
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE