W16 Anxiety

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
User avatar
Rochelle Zahacy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2007
Joined: 1 year ago

W16 Anxiety

Post by Rochelle Zahacy » 1 month ago

Anyone else having MAJOR Steward's Cup anxiety and feel ready for this week to be over? lol I have already found different races for TWO of my runners...

Also, apparently the stress makes me chatty about weird things...
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Zahacy for $0


GEARS RACING
TACITUS (TBS Stud, DM/DR) **STEWARD APPROVED**

HILLVIEW STUD

User avatar
Dylan Christensen
Eclipse Champion
Posts: 1213
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Dylan Christensen » 1 month ago

Yeah i usually go to bed like...3 hours ago...I can't seem to sleep and I don't know that I will.
Steeplechase Studs
Kilcreggan
The hottest looking new Chaser sire ;)

User avatar
Cleo Patra
Eclipse Champion
Posts: 1861
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Cleo Patra » 1 month ago

*rocking in the corner crying* I have a Turf and a Classic horse running
STANDING AT STUD
Dirt Routers... CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN | CONQUERER | FARSEER | GIANT | HEAT OF THE MOMENT | KILGRAVE | NIGHTEYES | VENETIAN | ZERO
Turf Routers... TIME LIMIT | OBSIDIAN FURY

User avatar
Lance Macisaac
Sprinter
Posts: 71
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Lance Macisaac » 1 month ago

Cleo Patra wrote:
1 month ago
*rocking in the corner crying* I have a Turf and a Classic horse running
"It's not the horses that are real, it's the emotions" is on full display here :D

User avatar
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3848
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Carole Hanson » 1 month ago

No anxiety yet but I’m sure it’ll kick in once the day of the race comes about (Thursday and Friday for me). And I’m sure I’m gonna get plenty of sim dreams those two nights and I’m gonna be waking up every damn hour thinking it’s 4am already and I can check results.
King of Ashes
$25,000
Satono Moon
$30,000
Moon Faced
$40,000

User avatar
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4298
Joined: 12 years ago

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Nick Gilmore » 1 month ago

Mmm, and it’s not just SC races. Fewer condition races week 16 forcing, er, encouraging you to give all those stakes a shot! The whole week is rather stressful!

*I need a drink!*
Willow Downs home to Spiritus Invictus, Chance Encounter, Culzean Castle
Rohan home to Cats in the Cradle, Dreamcast

User avatar
Dylan Christensen
Eclipse Champion
Posts: 1213
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Dylan Christensen » 1 month ago

Carole Hanson wrote:
1 month ago
No anxiety yet but I’m sure it’ll kick in once the day of the race comes about (Thursday and Friday for me). And I’m sure I’m gonna get plenty of sim dreams those two nights and I’m gonna be waking up every damn hour thinking it’s 4am already and I can check results.
Yeah I like almost never dream but last night I had a dream I just got destroyed in my races...let’s hope that isn’t true
Steeplechase Studs
Kilcreggan
The hottest looking new Chaser sire ;)

User avatar
Brad Fabman
Sprinter
Posts: 80
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Warren, MI

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Brad Fabman » 1 month ago

Nick Gilmore wrote:
1 month ago
Mmm, and it’s not just SC races. Fewer condition races week 16 forcing, er, encouraging you to give all those stakes a shot! The whole week is rather stressful!

*I need a drink!*
Which begs the question, Why are there no races Week 16 Day 6? My big race days are 3 and 6. Not having that last day messes things up for me every year. We are going on a two week break anyway. Is the last race day that much of a problem? I don't get it.
Fabman Farms - Simmy Awards Won: Y54-Quarter Horse Champion Three Year Old Female - Beena's Gold

User avatar
Lily Wilkins
Turf Router
Posts: 493
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Western Washington State
Contact:

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Lily Wilkins » 1 month ago

I'm having more anxiety about trying to win the forced Pick 6 payout/contests on Friday with all these ridiculously stacked fields than anything else. I have won the entire P6 pot, or a chunk of it, 3 different years now I think. It's my favorite part of Steward's Cup Week.

I have a runner in the Distaff, but she's not a world-beater and it's more of a "for fun" thing than anything else... Though she does happen to LOVE Mud, so that turned out nicely.
ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕍𝕒𝕝𝕖 𝕋𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕓𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤

User avatar
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3848
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Carole Hanson » 1 month ago

Lily Wilkins wrote:
1 month ago
I'm having more anxiety about trying to win the forced Pick 6 payout/contests on Friday with all these ridiculously stacked fields than anything else. I have won the entire P6 pot, or a chunk of it, 3 different years now I think. It's my favorite part of Steward's Cup Week.

I have a runner in the Distaff, but she's not a world-beater and it's more of a "for fun" thing than anything else... Though she does happen to LOVE Mud, so that turned out nicely.
I always forget about the mandatory pick 6 pay out, perhaps I’ll try playing this year.
King of Ashes
$25,000
Satono Moon
$30,000
Moon Faced
$40,000

User avatar
Rochelle Zahacy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2007
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Rochelle Zahacy » 1 month ago

Carole Hanson wrote:
1 month ago
Lily Wilkins wrote:
1 month ago
I'm having more anxiety about trying to win the forced Pick 6 payout/contests on Friday with all these ridiculously stacked fields than anything else. I have won the entire P6 pot, or a chunk of it, 3 different years now I think. It's my favorite part of Steward's Cup Week.

I have a runner in the Distaff, but she's not a world-beater and it's more of a "for fun" thing than anything else... Though she does happen to LOVE Mud, so that turned out nicely.
I always forget about the mandatory pick 6 pay out, perhaps I’ll try playing this year.
I won my first couple years in game, when I had NO idea what I’m doing...now I think I know what I’m doing and put time and effort into it and I suck 10103874739 times more at handicapping lol
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Zahacy for $0


GEARS RACING
TACITUS (TBS Stud, DM/DR) **STEWARD APPROVED**

HILLVIEW STUD

User avatar
Ronnie Dee
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2934
Joined: 12 years ago

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Ronnie Dee » 1 month ago

I have no concerns about this week. But as always, I will have concerns about the following weeks (break). All of my usual (Sim) routines will be missing. So I am thinking about going to Hawaii. Of course, I will probably just think about going and end up staying home.
See You Monday
TB Turf Sprinter Stallion Extraordinaire

Magnificent Jeblar
Magnificent son of See You Monday
Stud Fee: $11,150

Army Mile
Top-Notch TB Dirt Miler Stallion
Stud Fee: $28,000

User avatar
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4298
Joined: 12 years ago

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Nick Gilmore » 1 month ago

Ronnie Dee wrote:
1 month ago
I have no concerns about this week. But as always, I will have concerns about the following weeks (break). All of my usual (Sim) routines will be missing. So I am thinking about going to Hawaii. Of course, I will probably just think about going and end up staying home.
Lol, can I carry your luggage, Sir?

*still dreaming!*
Willow Downs home to Spiritus Invictus, Chance Encounter, Culzean Castle
Rohan home to Cats in the Cradle, Dreamcast

User avatar
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3261
Joined: 9 years ago

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Jo Ferris » 1 month ago

No anxiety over the races, whatever happens happens. However got 12 more hours of anxiety hoping a few of my entries don't get bumped last minute
Scorpion Farms/Flyball Ranch Stallions
Paint:
His Will to Live - 15k
Imprison My Mind - 5k
Hey Brother - 15k
Burning Man - 5k
Mark of the Beast - 20k
FLD Raven - Retiring Yr 55

Art Kage
Turf Router
Posts: 428
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Art Kage » 1 month ago

Ok g a l

Post Reply