W16 Anxiety

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Re: W16 Anxiety

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago GUYS!!!! I WON A TROPHY!!!!!!!! 9th to 1st 😱 would have LOVED to hear Em call that one!!!
Super big Congratulations to you Rochelle. CONGRATULATIONS! <- super big.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago GUYS!!!! I WON A TROPHY!!!!!!!! 9th to 1st 😱 would have LOVED to hear Em call that one!!!
Super big Congratulations to you Rochelle. CONGRATULATIONS! <- super big.
Thanks Polk! ❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago I think my anxiety is more on my retiring mares/studs versus then SC lol
This a million times.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Amy Bahama wrote: 4 years ago
Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago I think my anxiety is more on my retiring mares/studs versus then SC lol
This a million times.
Amen! One way to drain huge amounts of money (at least from my account) would be paying to unretire a horse that isn't going to be the producer you hoped for. So many disappointments this time of the year when I ask the bs agent about a mare: great stallion, 1/2 to several 1 million+ earners, full to a 2 YO stakes winner. My thought: this mare should have a gold lined uterus. BS agent: she has some potential, but isn't for a classier stable.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Ah yes, now it's Thursday and thus the start my main SC races. Time for heartbreak!
I have a stable full of cats
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 4 years ago Ah yes, now it's Thursday and thus the start my main SC races. Time for heartbreak!
You’ll knock it out of the park. Good luck!
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Amy Bahama wrote: 4 years ago
Brian Leavitt wrote: 4 years ago Ah yes, now it's Thursday and thus the start my main SC races. Time for heartbreak!
You’ll knock it out of the park. Good luck!
Thanks, and to you as well!
I have a stable full of cats
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I have two horses left to race this year and I find myself wanting to have my veterinarian do follow-up health checks (on follow-up health checks). To quell that urge I pressed the "feed a mint"-button instead and my brain immediatelly flashed worries of them choking on the pastille. Sometimes I am glad I don't have any actual racehorses. :(
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Went to work this morning and I was still so excited about last night's results... Wanted so badly to tell my co-workers all about the success of my fake internet horses but then realized, oh yeah, they're going to think I'm f'ing nuts... 😔
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago Went to work this morning and I was still so excited about last night's results... Wanted so badly to tell my co-workers all about the success of my fake internet horses but then realized, oh yeah, they're going to think I'm f'ing nuts... 😔
Congrats!!! I saw you swept the turf sprints :)
Just tell em, who cares. If they are really your friend then they will still love you the same haha

All my friends know about my fake horses
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I have MAJOR anxiety. Please help me.... What shall I do with:
Flizans Bourbon https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=851367 I was sure that I would retire him, but should I race him one more season? I'm not sure he would make a good stud...

Flizans Danielle https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=940298 I thought I should retire her to, but now I hesitate. She lost with a nose. Could she win a fourth SC? Or be the first Steeplechaser with more than 4 millions in earnings? Or should I hope for super-foals from her?

So many questions... AND I HAVE NO IDEA! Please help me! What should I do?

Just because I love this photo....*picture of my irl mare "Thornaby Pride" and her foal "True Fighter" (Thure).* Ok, they are standardbred trotters, not steeplechasers, even though Thure jumps pretty well! :)

Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Now that Thursday is over with, my anxiety has depleted LOL. I have The Stars We Steal in the Distaff but I think she is a longshot so if she wins, that will be a surprise, if she loses, it won't be LOL. My biggest anxiety was over the Juvenile Fillies but luckily, Elixir came through and showed me why she is my favorite 2yo filly (don't tell the others). Manic... well... he is just a jerk. At least Titanic's grandson could do what he couldnt!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago I have MAJOR anxiety. Please help me.... What shall I do with:
Flizans Bourbon https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=851367 I was sure that I would retire him, but should I race him one more season? I'm not sure he would make a good stud...

Flizans Danielle https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=940298 I thought I should retire her to, but now I hesitate. She lost with a nose. Could she win a fourth SC? Or be the first Steeplechaser with more than 4 millions in earnings? Or should I hope for super-foals from her?

So many questions... AND I HAVE NO IDEA! Please help me! What should I do?

Just because I love this photo....*picture of my irl mare "Thornaby Pride" and her foal "True Fighter" (Thure).* Ok, they are standardbred trotters, not steeplechasers, even though Thure jumps pretty well! :)

I always err on the side of running another year - because I KNOW I like running these horses - I don't know that I will like running their babies as well. Others choose differently, but I really enjoy racing. And, I love your photo!
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

My anxiety with Beena's Gold https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1074158 was a little different. It wasn't whether she would or could win her Stewards Cup race. I was on pins and needles whether she would even make the field. It was to be my first ever Stewards Cup race but she lacked significant stakes points and with every new entry she was getting knocked down a peg.

There ultimately 15 entries and she was 14th on the list. One more entry and I would have to look elsewhere. Maybe against the boys. But, get in she did. Now, what kind of chance did she really have? On paper she didn't seem completely overmatched. She lacked the experience of the others but she had pretty much done everything asked up to this point. But, this would be a huge jump in class.

I really had no illusions of what would happen, but of course, hopeful. Not really anxious at all. The gate sprung open and she was on top easily before I could blink. I can tell you that my eyes got really, really big. This can happen! She ran the race of her life and In my first Stewards Cup race, Beena's Gold got me the first trophy for the trophy case winning the Stewards Cup Quarters Distaff. Now I'm anxious waiting to see what year 55 will bring as she turns 4.
Fabman Farms - Simmy Awards Won: Y54-Quarter Horse Champion Three Year Old Female - Beena's Gold
Erin Erskine
Miler

Post by Erin Erskine »

I had a lot of anxiety running my DR, Flag Down, in the SC Marathon! I was so close pulling him, and ended up just chancing it, with the much needed extra push from a friend.

He came 4th.

It's no big win, but its huge for me. I'm delighted with his result! It was awesome listening to the call last night, and having Em say that she loves this five year old, and pronouncing my name right - hats off to the Steward!

Congrats to all results, big and small, over the last week!!