Festivus!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Festivus!

Post by Carole Hanson »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago What is the biggest jump in the thoroughbred division, to Freak status, that anyone can recall?
You Should Be Here jumped from claimer to freak as a 2yo
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Hi all could someone tell me what Festivus is and what i can do, it seems to rock all you peoples boat.

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

It’s just a term coined by our dear friend Scott Eiland (God rest his soul) which we use to describe the day when we are able to gallop our yearlings and find out what their ability is. I believe the term actually originated in a sit-com comedy but I can’t remember which one.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thank you Carole
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago It’s just a term coined by our dear friend Scott Eiland (God rest his soul) which we use to describe the day when we are able to gallop our yearlings and find out what their ability is. I believe the term actually originated in a sit-com comedy but I can’t remember which one.
It's from Seinfeld - part of the holiday referenced in the show involves the airing of grievances, which is particularly appropriate to the reaction of many to how their newly turned yearlings gallop.

https://time.com/4617553/festivus-holid ... -seinfeld/
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Frank Chilton wrote: 4 years ago Hi all could someone tell me what Festivus is and what i can do, it seems to rock all you peoples boat.

Frank
It is the moment that races and more importantly gallops open in the new Sim year. All the foals that are currently being bred will have their first gallops (many players stay up to midnight to do it) and everyone will throw a tantrum at how bad their foals are, it is a great time to be in chat and watch it all happening
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Always thought January had to many days in it. :lol:
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago
Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago What is the biggest jump in the thoroughbred division, to Freak status, that anyone can recall?
You Should Be Here jumped from claimer to freak as a 2yo
Can't quite beat that, but Rogue went from solid to what I can only assume to be freak (never galloped her at that point, but there's no way she wasn't...)

Let's not forget the mighty Majesutikku- not sure he ever got past allowance, but I've literally never ever seen another DC go on to win a flat stakes :lol:
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Isn´t festivus about cute cats and dogs? And moose? Begging for early gallops.
Festivus used to be waiting for days and days, but the Steward fixed that.
Those cute cat days were the best days, when you really believed in all the freak foals that just laid there in unopened packages.
Now it has a tendency to go from hectic breeding straight into festivus tantrum.

I want late gallops. No I don´t really, but I liked the cute cats and sad dogs. And the only 4-5 days of the year when I thought that I owned a few TB freaks.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...