Festivos Anti-Hype Thread!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Re: Festivos Anti-Hype Thread!

Post by Lee Tuttle »

I was asking for the older horses. Are there offseason gallops updated as of this last Sunday or do we need to wait until the new season starts on Saturday?
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Lee Tuttle wrote: 4 years ago I was asking for the older horses. Are there offseason gallops updated as of this last Sunday or do we need to wait until the new season starts on Saturday?
You can't train anything during Break, no matter the age. Can't really check gallops until the year switches over, I'm pretty sure.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

hah
I guess I could of checked that. Thanks Lori!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Ok, for a positive spin, how about this...instead of your best bet to succeed, show me the 1 horse you hope beyond all hope turns into a nice one, but was a lark to breed at all.

Here’s mine...Seth’s Resolve. His sire is a half to 4 millionaires (3 of which are multi!) and his dam is the infamous Alix Von Hessen (a ‘good’ mare who threw some terrific stock). His dam was an allowance gallop who earned just shy $100k. She is from old Sim back class, you can trace her back to Sieve (Steward mare who produced 4 millionaires).

But, Resolution is a good mare, and this breeding is a B cross. Who knows!
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago Ok, for a positive spin, how about this...instead of your best bet to succeed, show me the 1 horse you hope beyond all hope turns into a nice one, but was a lark to breed at all.
This filly https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1213021
Dam is Formidable and doesn't have anything stellar to show for her broodmare efforts so far. In fact, she was AJ'd by her previous owner. That said, the mare's pedigree is full of class (dam is Ricochets) and maybe lightning will strike for me. I opted to try her with Mister Awesome because I hear he's nicking extremely well, his pedigree rocks, and he's an excellent value stud for a mare like this. Fingers crossed!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago Ok, for a positive spin, how about this...instead of your best bet to succeed, show me the 1 horse you hope beyond all hope turns into a nice one, but was a lark to breed at all.
I’m sure I have more than one of these but...No Smootches comes to mind. Silver Smootches daughter. Unpredictable B to everyone except Distant Dream, never produced anything better than a SOLID! Though it seems Quinnelle probably improved? JK she just ran in small fields her whole life... WHY CANT YOU BE MORE LIKE YOUR SISTER SECRET SMOOTCHES?!

I sold this mare out of frustration, but now she’s back with me until the day she dies lol.

Also Oh My God, I only bought her this year...mostly for her name...but also, look at that damline?! She might only be some potential and has never produced anything better than a claimer, but you best believe I’m gonna keep trying lol

Why are some of the best pedigreed mares in my barn the worst broodmares? 🤷‍♀️😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1187855
so want his to be good but I am starting to kind of give upthis mare will ever breed anything awesome but this is her last foal so I so hope this will be great
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

To coin that phrase that every parent dreds and sends shivers through my body.

ARE WE NEARLY THERE YET :evil:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Soon Frank, soon, lol
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I was really excited for my A+ nicking Arab Sprinter last year. She gave me a productive foal...
I hope she will do better this year.
I am also curious on how my new arab router stallion turns out. Lots of 2x3 breedings to the Visionary. I hope they won´t all be too inbred.

I was going to breed only good foals this year. Set out with a minimum standard of nicks. Quality instead of quantity.
But I failed. Big time. Again.

I should have stopped at 350 foals. But I didnt..

https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... ID=1223414
Last foal Y54. She will be the best. She will win Stewards cup twice and retire to get 5 foals that will make more than 350.000 dollars. That is the truth. At least for 60 more hours.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 4 years ago I should have stopped at 350 foals. But I didnt..

https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... ID=1223414
Last foal Y54. She will be the best. She will win Stewards cup twice and retire to get 5 foals that will make more than 350.000 dollars. That is the truth. At least for 60 more hours.
Priceless!
Tony Baker
Sprinter

Post by Tony Baker »

My very first year of breeding. I should be finished some time later today. Obviously I will be hyperventilating into a brown paper bag come time to gallop. My greatest fear is total failure and a barn full of different career clunkers. In reality tho I would be happy enough with some allowance fillies from some of the Stars and Hens that I have bred in the hope that I can then breed from those allowance fillies in the future and start to build some sort of broodmare band.

Good luck to all with your foals.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I guess you will find yourself a few stakes Tony. Breeding is fun.
Welcome to the breeding world :)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Here’s mine...Seth’s Resolve. His sire is a half to 4 millionaires (3 of which are multi!) and his dam is the infamous Alix Von Hessen (a ‘good’ mare who threw some terrific stock). His dam was an allowance gallop who earned just shy $100k. She is from old Sim back class, you can trace her back to Sieve (Steward mare who produced 4 millionaires).

I think one of my biggest larks was breeding my Empire Maker mare from the auction to Omaha Beach. I have no idea how she'll actually produce as a mare, but if this breeding produces a hit, there's a small chance that he becomes one of the craziest things I've ever bred. Realistically, I'd put money on him being a productive or allowance :P

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1216233
I have a stable full of cats
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 4 years ago

I think one of my biggest larks was breeding my Empire Maker mare from the auction to Omaha Beach. I have no idea how she'll actually produce as a mare, but if this breeding produces a hit, there's a small chance that he becomes one of the craziest things I've ever bred. Realistically, I'd put money on him being a productive or allowance :P

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1216233
Even if you get an allowance/stakes good luck figuring out what baby will want to do on the track lol
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt