Will you be using First Class Shipping?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: Will you be using First Class Shipping?

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Leigh Ann Anderson wrote: 4 years ago I would love to see this be a selective shipping option, even if the price increases significantly. I'm happy paying 3x the normal shipping cost (or more) for my stakes horse, but spending $500 to ship a claimer into/out of Alaska from Price is Right is a bit much. It's hard enough to make profit with my crummy claimers, much less a bump of doubling their shipping fees.
I second this, there's only a few horses that I really want this feature for; I could probably try turning it on and off day by day so it's only on when I'm shipping a big horse, but I'm afraid I'd mess it up somewhere along the way.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

yeah first class kinda dumb shipping yearlings in the training barn, it shouldnt be on for that, IMO
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I read in the help faq that "All this extra comfort and care makes the time to ship to locations longer than economy shipping". Would anyone know how much longer that is? By percentage? Are we speaking days or just an hour or two (for a longer travel)?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 4 years ago I read in the help faq that "All this extra comfort and care makes the time to ship to locations longer than economy shipping". Would anyone know how much longer that is? By percentage? Are we speaking days or just an hour or two (for a longer travel)?
The bottom of that FAQ says it is about 30% slower. Hope that helps!
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

It does. I missed it. Thank you!
Trastevere Peru
Miler

Post by Trastevere Peru »

Yes
Happy Acting Turf Sprinter 20,000
Dressed in Suits Turf Sprinter 10,000

¨Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus¨
Umberto Eco
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

I'm guessing cryogenic preservation will be the next big thing :?:
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Anybody starting to do the Math on how much you'll spend using First Class shipping, year over year compared to last year's shipping?
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

For what it is worth:

Y55 - $11.22 of purse money per $1 of shipping expense from $6,399 per start purse earnings
Y54 - $23.34 of purse money per $1 of shipping expense from $6,985 per start purse earnings

It's looking like my shipping expense will be approximately double last year's expense. Of course total purse earnings should affect it somewhat.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I turned mine back off, tbh. I'll cherry pick situations where I want to use it, but the way I see it, I'm not changing my behaviour in terms of scheduling and shipping, and I don't make a habit of racing horses that aren't fully rested, so why should I pay more for my average horses to be fully rested a couple days faster if they're not going to race a couple days sooner?
For long ships or tight turnaround times with my better horses, sure, I'll still use it. That's where the advantage lies here... people who want to ship horses around the globe frequently will get a lot out of this.

And hey, if this year is demonstrably worse than last year for me, then I guess I'll turn it back on. ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

I’m with you Laura
Will only use it to ship my stakes and freak horses
Dom Behan
Turf Router

Post by Dom Behan »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago I'm guessing cryogenic preservation will be the next big thing :?:
Beam them up and down, get cat and goat, very sound horse runs 32 times per season, but skipping every other Friday extends fertility until 25yo :|