QUESTION FOR THE LONGER PLAYING PLAYERS

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

QUESTION FOR THE LONGER PLAYING PLAYERS

Post by The Harlequins »

I am running a Feb comp for new payers.

Have been donated 475,000 sim money to share between

First.200,00
Second,100,000
Third,75,000
Forth,50,000
Fifth,50,000.

Which do you peeps deem to be of more importance as to be the winner.
MOST WINS
MOST EARNINGS.
BEST WINS TO RUNS.or a combination of any :?:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: QUESTION FOR THE LONGER PLAYING PLAYERS

Post by Dave Trainer »

Everyone has their own views on what is most important and they can change in different circumstances. Some want a high win/OTB percentage, others want lots of wins Some want most Stakes wins.

For new players I would say money is the most important but in a competition such as yours I would give the prize to whoever had the best wins to runs. Someone with 500 entries will have more wins and earnings than someone running 50. Just have a minimum number of entries.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I’ve always placed the most value on a players Average Earning per Start because this means they are putting their horses in tougher spots than most people and their horses are still finishing well in those races. Behind that I would place wins per run or win percentage, whatever you want to call it. Because that shows how often you’re hitting the winners circle. However, this is just my opinion and I think everyone views these stats a little differently.
yeah
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thanks for your comments guys

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I am still a new player I guess.
To me, anything that is profitable will be entered. I try to adjust to running more stakes races, but it is still my maiden wins that make up the bulk of my income.
To answer your question I would vote for "most wins".
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...